Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I have to question what difficulty you could have possibly been playing to have allegedly finished 70% of the game in 3 hours.
    I am more curious why they are going so hard against the game in here... Like if you hate the game just don't post about it... Or just say you don't like it and move on... They are literally insulting people who do enjoy it and it seems like they absolutely need their opinion validated or something.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I am more curious why they are going so hard against the game in here... Like if you hate the game just don't post about it... Or just say you don't like it and move on... They are literally insulting people who do enjoy it and it seems like they absolutely need their opinion validated or something.
    No, you are confusing different posters here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Store Demos are not the full game. They are... shocking... store demos.

So your entire opinion is based around a store demo. Yes, your opinion is invalid when in pertains to the series and full games. Trying to pass off playing a store demo as playing the full game(which you did until I called you on it) is laughable in itself.

That would be like reviewers writing their review based off the e3/pax/gamescom demos. Because that's basically what store demos are, small fragments that spoil nothing major.
    Not a store demo, good job. It was the full game, it was a small independent store where I knew the people and sometimes helped out - they just stuck the game in a ps3 and would reset it between uses.

I have no idea what difficulty I played on, it probably wasn't a high one - but people have been arguing about the story here and the difficulty doesn't pertain to the story, does it?

You are all being needlessly aggressive because I have a different opinion to you. I play a significant amount of the game to get an impression - it didn't impress in the time for me to pick the game up to fully play it (partially because I believed I had played a significant amount of it due to the progress it told me I had done). I came in this thread because the title was interesting and I was curious as to whether there was more to these games than I remember from them previously.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-05-06 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    No, you are confusing different posters here.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a store demo, good job. It was the full game, it was a small independent store where I knew the people and sometimes helped out - they just stuck the game in a ps3 and would reset it between uses.

I have no idea what difficulty I played on, it probably wasn't a high one - but people have been arguing about the story here and the difficulty doesn't pertain to the story, does it?

You are all being needlessly aggressive because I have a different opinion to you. I play a significant amount of the game to get an impression - it didn't impress in the time for me to pick the game up to fully play it (partially because I believed I had played a significant amount of it due to the progress it told me I had done). I came in this thread because the title was interesting and I was curious as to whether there was more to these games than I remember from them previously.
    Let's remember you claimed the game had no replay value and you beat it in 3 hours.

Then I link evidence on how long the game in on average and you claim it was a store demo.

Now it was the full game again(which you can not 70% in 3 hours unless you're skipping cut scenes and know exactly what to do).

It's not about you having a different opinion then anyone. It's about your opinion being invalid because you're talking out of the wrong hole on your body.

You're the one that tried to claim an 11 hour on average game was 3 hours. It's not my fault your opinion was invalid from the get go...

Let alone you invalidated your opinion a second time by saying the game has no replay value based on you not beating it in a 3 hour session at a store. How on earth would you know if there was replay value for you or not? You wouldn't.

Keep trying.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-05-06 at 04:58 PM.

The reason for the difficulty question is getting through 70% in 3 hours would be really fast mowing through the levels, hence my question. Like others said, 12 hours is the average for finishing the whole game's story.

I thought 2 had the best set up too. That waking up on the wrecked train was a definite "wtf did you do?" way to start. Plus the whole thing they were after and the enemy, plus Chloe alone, made 2 the best one for me.

...except those jerks with their damn crossbows. Those guys sucked. >:|
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-05-06 at 04:59 PM.

I claimed I felt it had no replay value because I was playing it for the story - I don't enjoy replaying story type games yes.

I never claimed store demo - I claimed IN STORE. You jumped to assumptions and are strawmanning left & right to prove a point.

I said from the start I was *near* the end. If the progress indicator was wrong I'd have 0 way to know that, because I never did complete it and have been consistent with that from my first post. If there's more to the game(s), that's interesting to me as I'd been thinking of picking up to PS4 due to another game anyway. That being said, you are being absolutely ridiculous when I've been open throughout this entire thread and gone painstakingly to make sure my posts were nonhostile because I knew I'd only played for a few hours and knew others had put in a lot more time.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

There is nothing wrong with the progress indicator in game.

You did not beat 70% of an 11 hour game in 3 hours blind while watching cut scenes.

Notice how before you ever got called on the 3 hour comment you left out these convenient cop outs. "I played it in a store" and "Progresss bar is probably wrong"(which it isn't, there is nothing wrong with it in game, and naughty dog's progress bar DOES NOT account for optional stuff at all only main story progress).

Had you tried to stay away from factual statements that are clearly false and invalidate your opinion maybe people could have taken it serious. Instead you made it too easy to write you off as another person who didn't play the game and have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't even know why I tried, but hey ho. I guess it's 'not allowed' to not have had a perfect experience with an uncharted game in your eyes, everyone who did (most of my reasons given were giving you possible outs, not for me).

I know I played it, for 3 hours. I know the progress bar said over 70% when I stopped, and that stuck with me because it seemed very short for what back then was a highly rated game too. I know I enjoyed the gameplay but didn't figure there was much more to it, and given the game was new that it was probably just lacking in content and that would be the impression later.

I found it odd that people loved it, but then I am hit & miss with various games anyway. I liked Dragon Age 2 and thought it was mostly an improvement over origins (although did miss somethings) - unpopular opinion but there you have it. I was intrigued by the exceptional reviews on this one, and it's nice to hear I was clearly mistaken on the overall length of the game (and that it even has significant optional gameplay - no I never cared enough to look into it)

The fact you try to 'invalidate' me and claim that playing it in a store is somehow a copout is absolutely pathetic though. Seriously, grow up.

When you state an opinion and give false information with it, yes that invalidates said opinion of it. You do understand this right?

Yet here you are again, claiming you was over 70% done with an 11 hour game in 3 hours. Not sure why you're still trying to claim that non sense when you where debunked many many posts ago.

*snip*
    Did you ever stop to consider that you might not have read the progress indicator accurately? Maybe you were playing on an in progress game or just plain looking at the wrong save file.

As if the "game too short" guy needed his opinion based on false information invalidated even further...

Uncharted 4 is reportedly double the length of Uncharted 1 and 3 and nearly double Uncharted 2, few hours longer then The Last of Us.

Watching DansGaming streaming it atm, it looks fun so far!

Got the game early, holy shit it's so good. The right mix between the last of us story telling and uncharted action.

While I won't buy a console just to play one series. UC4 is the last one right? at Least Naughty dog isn't intent on running the franchise into the ground and launching yearly shovel war. Something I can actually admire.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    While I won't buy a console just to play one series. UC4 is the last one right? at Least Naughty dog isn't intent on running the franchise into the ground and launching yearly shovel war. Something I can actually admire.
    Well Naughty Dog knows they can make new IPs and still have them be strong.

Naughty Dog has never made a bad IP. In fact they have only made universally praised games.

Crash
    Jak
    Uncharted
    The Last of Us

In fact Uncharted is their first IP to cross the generational barrier.

Naughty Dog is a snuff above almost any 3rd party developer out there. Both in technical skill and writing.

Man, I've never really been interested in this series but damn if I don't want to pick up this one just to marvel at what what they've managed to achieve in terms of graphical fidelity.

lol what's the point of such amazing graphics when the ps4 has a lock and shitty frame rate? :/

in b4 terrible pc port. Oh, and yes, you guys really need to get over the review thing. It's obvious they paid the reviewers, this IS coming from an uncharted fanboy. The games are fairly decent, main problem is that they get old fairly fast, BUT 10 or 100's? YEAH NO, they are not that good. High 80s maybe.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    lol what's the point of such amazing graphics when the ps4 has a lock and shitty frame rate? :/

in b4 terrible pc port. Oh, and yes, you guys really need to get over the review thing. It's obvious they paid the reviewers, this IS coming from an uncharted fanboy. The games are fairly decent, main problem is that they get old fairly fast, BUT 10 or 100's? YEAH NO, they are not that good. High 80s maybe.
    So where is your evidence they paid reviewers at again?

Ignoring your trivial attempt to make this some platform war bs of course.

I have a ps4, I will buy it, don't start this platform war bs with me. I'd prefer to play it on PC just because it can handle it far better. If you honestly think ps4 doesnt suffer from terrible frame rates and stuttering issues with some games (esp ones that push graphics) then you're in serious denial, and anything you have to say afterwards can immediately be ignored due to blatent (and idiotic) fanboyism.

Evidence? You don't find it highly suspect at all that EVERY MAJOR REVIEWING SITE has given it such high ratings? The third in the series was incredibly average, and they gave that a fairly high score too....
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

If you honestly think ps4 doesnt suffer from terrible frame rates and stuttering issues with some games (esp ones that push graphics) then you're in serious denial, and anything you have to say afterwards can immediately be ignored due to blatent (and idiotic) fanboyism.
    So does PC. And I'd recommend watching this video for some commentary on Uncharted 4's performance on PS4

By all accounts it's top notch on pretty much every possible level. Yeah, some games run like piss on PS4, but so do some games on every platform.

Evidence? You don't find it highly suspect at all that EVERY MAJOR REVIEWING SITE has given it such high ratings?
    The series, and Naughty Dog as a developer, have consistently received critical acclaim. And there's no reason to think that this entry in the series would be any different.

You're making the allegation, it's up to you to provide proof beyond, "BUT IT HAS GOOD REVIEWS!!"

The third in the series was incredibly average, and they gave that a fairly high score too....
    So we're down to, "I wasn't a big fan but media was, so they must be paid."? Because that's not much of an argument to stand on when alleging that media are being paid off for review scores (which is pretty serious).

And before the "fanboy!" comments, I don't own a PS4 (my roommate does, though!) and I've never played a single Uncharted game. Hell, I haven't played a Naughty Dog game in over a decade, by now.

So the fact critics enjoyed it in the past and still enjoy it is evidence of paid reviews?

You're done. Stop trying to post your bullshit fallacy as "obvious fact".

Also cute, you tried to start the platform war bs again. Yet again it gets ignored.