Yet another case of freedom of speech-but one with a different perspective....

''Humorist'' (stand up comic) Dieudonné have been barred from Canada. Again. (It's going to be hard to find an English language article for it, Dieudonné caters pretty much only for French speakers)

It's certainly possible to use the good old narrative to describe his predicament, AKA ''he is just saying the truth'' ''he is not afraid of politically correct'' ''damn SJW again'', except that.....

...Dieudonné core public remains French youth, mostly Muslims or minorities. He caters (or pander, depending on the POV) to them with increasingly strident ''humor'' about gas chambers and the like. Otherwise said, Dieudonné narrative is that the said muslim youth is victim of a global (jewish of course) conspiracy and/or take their money by selling them overpriced shows and DVDs. Kinda like Alex Jones, but pandering for a group that does not warrant usually the sympathy of the defenders of free speech....His politically incorrect is to bash the Western countries.

(For the record, my ''dumb SJW'' pov on this boil down that Dieudonné is clearly not helping the Muslims in France by telling them that all their problems are because of a nefarious conspiracy by ''dah Jeeeeeews'')

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...real-1.3574794

Would this article be the same guy?
    And is that news source reputable?

And canada has fined comedians in the past for "offensive" jokes so this doesn't really surprise me. Comedy is art. If you don't like the art don't listen, that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbariangreataxe View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...real-1.3574794

Would this article be the same guy?
    And is that news source reputable?

And canada has fined comedians in the past for "offensive" jokes so this doesn't really surprise me. Comedy is art. If you don't like the art don't listen, that simple.
    Yes, thank you for the link.

Well, I can twist this into an obvious anti-SJW thing pretty effortlessly.

See, this comedian represents the genuine opinions of young muslims, and the canadians want to ban him from speaking so that the general population can't be exposed to the opinions of muslims that haven't been filtered through an agenda-driven media apparatus; exposure that would reveal the picture they're painting of reality to be a lie.

Is that true, though? No idea. But with rhetoric you can make anything sound true.

In any case, I think that obviously he shouldn't be banned for making jokes, no matter how offensive anybody happens to find them. But then, it is Canada, so... not exactly surprising, is it?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    @Tennisace

I'm not sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    @Tennisace

I'm not sorry
    Man, I can't believe summoning such daemonic entities still isn't against the forum rules.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I'm not surprised, Canada has a painful relationship with many comics.

He's probably overjoyed though, the Streisand effect is very real and will likely net him some 'free' income from this.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2016-05-11 at 12:05 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I'm not surprised, Canada has a painful relationship with many comics.

He's probably overjoyed though, the Streisand effect is very real and will likely net him some 'free' income from this.
    As he is too important to pay his taxes in France (presumably because the taxes are ''zionists'') he certainly need to be a victim.

So basically he masquerades as a standup comic while attempting to incite hatred against a specific group of people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada retains the right to bar extremists from their territory, it comes more under a right of entry issue than free speech. Hey ho.

Britain bars entry to extremists for similar reasons, it is the law that some people wanted Trump excluded from entry under, usually we use it for Muslim hate preachers and far right speakers.