Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why shouldn't I?
    Because
    It's ruining the experience for the rest of us. Some people just want to enjoy the moment.
    and eventually you'll have to realize that you can't make other people do what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Because and eventually you'll have to realize that you can't make other people do what you want.
    Says who.

We all need to do our part to make society better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a mid-30s adult, I never got into the selfie craze or the constant need for "Hey, look at me!" attention that some people crave.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Being a mid-30s adult, I never got into the selfie craze or the constant need for "Hey, look at me!" attention that some people crave.

How would you feel if everyone around you did it?

10+ Year Old Account
    How would you feel if everyone around you did it?
    I'd think they're all self-absorbed narcissitic people doing it for the "likes."
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Yeah right. Cameras are a relatively recent invention.
    Don't be dishonest please.
    I hate the term selfie and the selfie stick as much as the next guy, but you do know that even before the invention of cameras, rich/royal people would pay famous artists to paint them?

The ability to have a picture of one's self isn't something that was restricted to the camera.

Yeah how would you, a well adjusted (i assume) mid-30's adult, feel about people holding a tiny rectangle in their hands outstretched using the frontfacing camera to snap a picture of them in front of something? Something tells me a well adjusted individual wouldn't really care.

Deleted
    It's ruining the experience for the rest of us.
    Nice try, Tennis. But no...just no.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Why does one need to constantly take photos of themselves?
    Because they want, I guess. I really don't have a problem with that, as sometimes I take a selfie too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says who.

Says who? That's just common sense.

And society will be better when you stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Your concern for unimportant things done by strangers is fascinating.
    Given the behaviour impacts others around them, then it is far from "unimportant".
    Look at the number who have injured or killed themselves, or even those who have caused damage to the very things they are so keen to photograph.

What I want to take a photo of something from a distance, but it has been swarmed by people standing right in front of it so they can get their face in a picture.
    Hell even before selfies really took off we have had to deal with attention seekers who insist on photobombing other people's pictures.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-11 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Says who.
    And who decides what a better society is? You?

only ugly people hate selfies

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    only ugly people hate selfies
    I'm starting to think if someone really hates selfies, they are a weirdo NEET.
    You do it to show friends where you are. You do it so you have a picture to remember what you were doing at that time or remember a landmark/event. You do it to update what you look like on social media. If people around you are having a good time and taking selfies and you sit there with your arms crossed going "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SELFIES, NORMIES TAKING PICTURES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE," you have issues.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Last time I traveled internationally was back in 2001, before the selfie craze hit, and the only real difference is that everyone had cameras, rather than phones, and got friends to snap pictures of them. Tourist sites were still chock-full of people taking pictures of themselves.
    This

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I'm starting to think if someone really hates selfies, they are a weirdo NEET.
    You do it to show friends where you are. You do it so you have a picture to remember what you were doing at that time or remember a landmark/event. You do it to update what you look like on social media. If people around you are having a good time and taking selfies and you sit there with your arms crossed going "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SELFIES, NORMIES TAKING PICTURES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE," you have issues.
    As much as I love your usage of certain terms here, personally I'd just rather take a picture of the scenery. My friends already hopefully know what I look like, so I'd rather not block what's around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    As much as I love your usage of certain terms here, personally I'd just rather take a picture of the scenery. My friends already hopefully know what I look like, so I'd rather not block what's around me.
    Oh absolutely. I just have no problem whatsoever if someone snaps a picture of the landscape and then flips the camera around and gives a thumbs up in front of it after.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triskell View Post
    So people do not look back in time to take selfies in dangerous conditions??????. Anyway, that is not sad at all, it is simply Darwin hard at work trying to keep the gene pool strong........
    Pretty much, wether it be behind the wheel of a car, in heights, near cliffs, on boats, near dangerous animals, railroad tracks, highways, etc. you name it.

here's a perfect example, guy almost gets himself splattered by a train.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Oh absolutely. I just have no problem whatsoever if someone snaps a picture of the landscape and then flips the camera around and gives a thumbs up in front of it after.
    Oh, yeah. For some reason it slipped my mind that's possible. I blame not having coffee yet.