Thread: Beta invites

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Why does no one want to share the love? I'll give you a thousand virtual hugs to whoever shares the love
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Don't mind me, I'll just be over here crying in the corner into my cheerios.
    At least you have cheerios.

Good luck to everyone, I got in for the first time in the 9 years I've been playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    At least you have cheerios.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hooKVstzbz0 made me think of this. "At least I have chicken"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnHfPiCsx00 This

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc2bVw2HeOc this

Will keep you busy until we all get beta. Put it on repeat (all of them for best effect). Lets do this!!!!! First person to go insane is probably me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    Good luck to everyone, I got in for the first time in the 9 years I've been playing.
    I'm in the same boat, though I never got an e-mail, I had two PTR's listed on my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedon View Post
    I'm in the same boat, though I never got an e-mail, I had two PTR's listed on my account.
    I would make a demon deal so in 10 years I die and become a demon after years of torture and find a way to travel back in time and possess you just so I could play beta....

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm If I get into the beta before Overwatch comes out I'd be pretty stoked.

I got the email 1h ago, but I was on the alpha so I didn't expect to get one, thought it was automatic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would make sense if they stopped flagging accounts for a while. Once beta has started and they can see how many of the flagged accounts that didn't turn up to play, we're hopefully going to see a sizable second wave

Tfw maymayers that got banned on alpha gets in beta wave before others. Top kek

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Would make sense if they stopped flagging accounts for a while. Once beta has started and they can see how many of the flagged accounts that didn't turn up to play, we're hopefully going to see a sizable second wave
    Exactly....!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you need to have an active WoW sub to be considered for beta?

From the sound of it, they were selecting beta participants this go around based on geographical location. Apparently they want to stress test the servers with players flooding in from certain locations, according to the two most recent blue tracker posts. Of course there will be a few outliers, but from the sounds of it; where you lived got you your invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    From the sound of it, they were selecting beta participants this go around based on geographical location. Apparently they want to stress test the servers with players flooding in from certain locations, according to the two most recent blue tracker posts. Of course there will be a few outliers, but from the sounds of it; where you lived got you your invite.
    I don't think that's what they were meaning by "That is to say, a very real part of this test is how our content and servers handle this surge of people in a few locations." My take on it is that they want to stress test things like the Broken Isles intro scenario with 20 horde and 20 ally in the same instance.

Do I need an active WoW account to play Beta? I just got an invite after having been inactive for a few months.

Been playing for 10 years. Never got BETA once. Again, its always the same people who get beta every expansion and the game keeps getting worse and worse. Lets hope they invite people to beta with actual skill in the game, that would give detailed feedback on everything that is whack in the game. When I mean skill, I mean, over 20k+ achievements, over 2.2k arena or rbg rating, or completion of mythic raiding during its live patch cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Been playing for 10 years. Never got BETA once. Again, its always the same people who get beta every expansion and the game keeps getting worse and worse. Lets hope they invite people to beta with actual skill in the game, that would give detailed feedback on everything that is whack in the game. When I mean skill, I mean, over 20k+ achievements, over 2.2k arena or rbg rating, or completion of mythic raiding during its live patch cycle.
    You do realize they've been inviting high end raiders and PvPers to the alpha/beta since TBC, right? It's not always "the same people" aside from highly popular streamers like Towellie, Soda, swiffty, etc.

Also, 20k achievement points doesn't mean much, nor does 2.2k rating in today's environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    OMFG, it's a 36Gb Install! X_x
    1/2 an hour, no problem.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Still think its poor customer service that people who are actively playing do not get invited, while those who have cancelled account get in. Usually I understand this thinking as its a way to market and get new subscribers, but after loosing 7 mil this xpac and those that continue to pay money despite no new content should have had first dibs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Oh, you mean special snowflakes like yourself and filthy casuals can shove it? Yeah.....nooooo....doesn't work that way. You do realize they invite people with all different assets...snowflaking, questing, pet battling, ...you know the boring stuff.....flower picking, crafting, alchemy, scribes, tailors. It's a multitude of every profession, every race and class, every sex.......all equals, nothing more, nothing less. Deal with it.