Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Prior Xpac's Set Bonuses Disabled!

Did you guys see this:

"Set bonuses for item sets from expansions prior to Warlords of Draenor have been deactivated, though the text describing their former function still remains."

What will this mean for fun Timewalking BIS sets?
    I was personally hoping for a widening of these events to include more dungeons and expansions (Vanilla + Mists!)

I've kept every single set since vanilla (even Frostfire except ring =/), and there is a lot of sentimental attachment, but are there really situatuations where someone would sacrifice HUNDREDS of item levels to wear a 2 piece from BC?

I LOVED running my friends alts through Sunwell getting them fun gear they can use for a few levels. I know they still could, but the trhill of getting a 2, 4pc *IS CURRENTLY STILL FUN*.

This just irks me to no end...

They are lazy to update all of them for new class changes, thus disabled. You expected something else from a company like Blizzard?

I just can't understand why. For example, the reason why I liked timewalking was wearing some nice-ass gear with good bonuses and absolutely demolishing them - getting the gear and using it was like another meta-game besides playing the current tier. Now they will be like all other boring dungeons, zzz. And if they are doing it because couple of tryhards are using old setbonuses in current raids, then I don't know... Most people don't bother, really.

Yeah, Blizz has essentially neutered Timewalking. A large part of the fun was collecting and using older sets. Now you will just find the pieces with the most sockets and slap a primary gem in them. Where is the thought and fun in that???

I understand that a lot of sets' bonuses no longer work but some of them still did so why throw the baby out with the bath water?

It may be sad for timewalking and stuff but it's a relief for raiding and all the weird pre-pull shit with old tier sets, now we just need to have everyclass start with maximum ressources every time and we are good to not waste 2 boss pullreset everytime

Blame mages and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

So...this just pretty much killed 6 of my twinks. :/

Also...does this include fangs of the father?

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    It may be sad for timewalking and stuff but it's a relief for raiding and all the weird pre-pull shit with old tier sets, now we just need to have everyclass start with maximum ressources every time and we are good to not waste 2 boss pullreset everytime
    I haven't heard too much about this since ICC. What is going on now that's messing up these pre-pulls?

Blame the people who can't help but theorycraft and make bis gear for everything they do in the game.

I don't know for all the classes, but warlock ask for 25sec timer-pull to buff and spec-swap to gain 3sec on a buff, mages, rogues and retpally were using old tier set to have holypower/combopoints/dunnowhat on pull, and deathknight needed one or two reset to stack the ghoul buff and start fight with 100RP for breath, very annoying

I wouldn't be surprised if they make an exception to this for timewalking if the feedback is loud enough, since it's half the point of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaeden View Post
    I haven't heard too much about this since ICC. What is going on now that's messing up these pre-pulls?
    Pretty much this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BSWSBKrYkA

Mages with t12 4set precasting some spell and then having infinite piroblast or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Pretty much this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BSWSBKrYkA

Mages with t12 4set precasting some spell and then having infinite piroblast or something like that.
    All right, that makes sense, maybe disable them for Current Raids (while inside the instance.)

But, I'm sorry, the problem in that YouTube video is not some stupid set swapping, but how the Legendary Ring interacts with Arcane cooldowns and trinket procs. It's ridiculously stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    They are lazy to update all of them for new class changes, thus disabled. You expected something else from a company like Blizzard?
    clearly a company with such a long history that has made literally billions of dollars and always releases triple A titles and supplies top notch CS is lazy right? GTF over yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by gamgee76 View Post
    clearly a company with such a long history that has made literally billions of dollars and always releases triple A titles and supplies top notch CS is lazy right? GTF over yourself...
    How much did they pay you?

How much did they pay you?
    got to love good conspiracy right?

Deleted
    This is wrong really. It's to prevent them from being used in top-tier content, if you're unsure just check out the Arcane Mage use of T12 at the moment It would have been a better idea to just disable them in raids or dungeons, like they already do with some of the PvP set bonuses in 5 man Challenge Modes.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    It's to prevent them from being used in top-tier content, if you're unsure just check out the Arcane Mage use of T12 at the moment
    I've no idea what theirs set bonus is, but does it really worth losing thousands of primary/secondary stats from proper items over it?

Deleted
    I've no idea what theirs set bonus is, but does it really worth losing thousands of primary/secondary stats from proper items over it?
    It's not this specific case, there's actually been an issue with the Rogue set from T15 this expansion, a few others in MoP and also a Feral Druid exploit in Cata with some PvP set bonuses.

It's been an on-going issue for a while now and it's not completely far-fetched to say to say scrap the older set bonuses altogether. I mean if they're irreverent to your level then what's the point of holding onto them anyways? It also wouldn't surprise me if this new rule only applied to max level characters, that way you can still use them for leveling

- - - Updated - - -

7+ Year Old Account
    Most set bonuses were already changed many times and with so many class changes there is no real reason to keep them(it would require too much work to redo every single set bonus). I have no emotional attachment to them.
    And also, fuck your timewalking.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.