Poll: How much would you really pay for a Classic server?

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would pay if there was some class balancing added to it, if not I would not bother with it.

To answer the title of the topic: No, because I simply wouldnt play Vanillia servers, nostalgia isnt always worth comming back to, let the best parts of it remain in memory, going back is not the answer to moving forwards.

Would pay with latgest payment I could
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    I know many people who would pay 30 bucks a month if Blizzard made Vanilla servers a reality. They're missing the big bucks by holding back. Vanilla was so much better. It had raids and real dungeons.

Nobody would play it. The advertisement is high now more than ever with that "Nostalrius"-thingie. However, they all will quit sooner or later. Even the most passionate players will realise how outdated and unbalanced the game is. They will want Blizzard to balance things out and such. So I think this is not worth the effort. I am much more positive about bringing old Vanilla spirit into current game rather than split user base for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Nobody would play it. The advertisement is high now more than ever with that "Nostalrius"-thingie. However, they all will quit sooner or later. Even the most passionate players will realise how outdated and unbalanced the game is. They will want Blizzard to balance things out and such. So I think this is not worth the effort. I am much more positive about bringing old Vanilla spirit into current game rather than split user base for nothing.
    Haha. Nope.

The fact that there are still millions of players playing retail even though everything PvE related except mythic raiding is complete faceroll and has lost virtually all the immersion of an MMORPG in a sea of menus sort of disproves your hypothesis that everyone would leave. I mean even freaking WoD retains like 30% of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    I know many people who would pay 30 bucks a month if Blizzard made Vanilla servers a reality. They're missing the big bucks by holding back. Vanilla was so much better. It had raids and real dungeons.
    If you know all these people, why don't you put a proposal together and go to Blizzard and prove it? Blizzard's a business, so you're going to have to approach them with a proper business proposal.

And here's a tip: if by many, you mean around 10 or 20, don't bother.

a LK one maybe but prob not a Vanilla (I was there) but the LK mostly because I'd like to play again where the class design was not totally crap (not perfect but IMO fun).

Nope. I'd only play it if it came included with the current subscription.

I'd play if it were part of my normal sub fee, and I'd probably be willing to have an extra dollar or two a month tacked on for access if they were going to be greedy about it. I certainly wouldn't pay a full additional sub fee for access.

Deleted
    Nope. Fuck stone age servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would still pay a spite fee just to keep these servers from happening. 20-25 bucks a month to see blizz tell classic server tards to fuck off? I can deal with it
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    If you know all these people, why don't you put a proposal together and go to Blizzard and prove it? Blizzard's a business, so you're going to have to approach them with a proper business proposal.

Are you new to everything going on? Nost and Mark both have meetings with Blizzard with proposals and a petition. Is this post for real?
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay. But not for long. I think it would be fun for a little while to play the game as it was in earlier versions but, since I already did that once, I doubt I'd pay for more than 3-6 months. I mean, if would be fun to get people back on a TBC server and do Kara with the same people with whom I ran it years ago.... but only a couple of times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    But if you hope it doesn't happen, why worry about extra fees you won't be billed for?

Standalone, or separate, I'd subscribe.
    What's the very first word of that post?

If.

I would only play if it was included in the current sub price.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    I would only play if it was included in the current sub price.
    I hope this is the case really. I think there would be more harm than good to make it a separate payment. My initial thought on this using other MMOs that have done this as an example, is Legacy could potentially be a great way to get players back to the current game. I feel if they make the payments separate, it would completely negate that possibility. Or even vice versa to keep current subs going, allow them different way to play the game when they are bored in the current game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    I hope this is the case really. I think there would be more harm than good to make it a separate payment. My initial thought on this using other MMOs that have done this as an example, is Legacy could potentially be a great way to get players back to the current game. I feel if they make the payments separate, it would completely negate that possibility. Or even vice versa to keep current subs going, allow them different way to play the game when they are bored in the current game.
    Pretty much, yeah. But knowing Blizzard, if they somehow pulled it off and implemented legacy servers - they will fuck it up somehow. Or there will be a major gripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

Why prove anything, when all the polls show a significant level of interest in Legacy.

This poll has 4 options but it will all boil down to "you will" or "you won't" in the end. Right now you will is in the lead