Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    You know full well that you clicked through almost all of them to find that. She's 5 foot 2. Not to mention her last olympic weigh in was higher. Regardless, if you want to go read my posts, you'll see that I said "unless you're under 5 feet" or something to the effect.
    Athletic weight for a woman in the 5' to 5'4 is in the range of 100 to 135lbs.

Newsflash women are built differently.

You know full well that you clicked through almost all of them to find that. She's 5 foot 2. Not to mention her last olympic weigh in was higher. Regardless, if you want to go read my posts, you'll see that I said "unless you're under 5 feet" or something to the effect.
    False, I clicked a couple random ones and there it was. So you're wrong. She is 5'2", which was the height Spectral mentioned. So again, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Well, you'd have to have been obsessed some time in the past. I rarely have time for any games and mine's still in my sig. I should probably change it, but uh, I have no clue what I'd put in there. Maybe a boring "moderator" sig with links to the rules and such.
    I used to do computer builds, but I haven't owned a desktop for years. Not since they came out with 17" laptops with built in numeric keyboards, and laptops don't have a whole lot of room for mods/upgrades. Cheaper and easier to buy new.

But I have a 20" HP "dragon" laptop I'm dying to rebuild. It's probably 6-7 years old, but runs Windows 7 nicely, and came with one of the best graphics card available, at least for a laptop, at the time it was originally built. Very few of them were ever made, so it's kind of unique and a good project to work on. But it also weighs at least 15 pounds, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I am confused as to what exactly the point of this article is?
    I swear he never breaks character. The feigned confusion is epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Neither was I. The wakeup call for me was a student ID photo in which my head was massive. Really made me think twice about my eating habits.

- - - Updated - - -

Please, do everyone in your life a favor and see a psychologist. You have some serious issues.

All long distance cyclists, runners and swimmers have pretty much the same attitude. All of them are looking for that next high. When the rest of the world cease to exist, and you feel like you are floating three inches above the ground and can keep on going for all eternity.

If fat people want to be happy, fine. I have no problems.

If you want people to find you as sexually appealing as fit and in shape people, I find your position bereft of rationality and self-serving.

105 lbs at 5'2" isn't unheard of, but it is extremely skinny, and you're not going to have very much muscle or otherwise bulk to speak of at all. I'm 4'11" and I haven't been an atomweight since like, 8th or 9th grade.

The point I've tried to make, and it seems people are ignoring is the fact that the 'acceptable' or 'ideal' female form is a very, very narrow definition that excludes a lot of body types, both fit and not so fit. A lot of us would in fact have to neglect exercise and starve ourselves to achieve that kind of body type (and many women do) for fear of putting on weight. Other women are just out of luck, with too much in the way of 'assets', or simply being too tall, or not having the right torso/leg length proportion, or whatever. There's a whole ton of physiques that are considered ideal for men, and there's really just 1 for women.

EDIT: That bike stuff is weird though.
    Last edited by Polyxo; 2016-05-12 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Most people on this forum insist that it's Liberals, Conservatives, Feminists, Islam, SJW's or Nazi's that are the absolute worst. Not I though, oh no no no, for I've always known what I know in my heart is true. It's you bloody cyclists!
    Yeah. We are sick people. I even have two bikes. The frame of the older one is filled with ball bearings for hill training.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    So, you mean, it's art?

Understanding minerals is cool and all, but you should take a whack at understanding people and societies.

- - - Updated - - -

Where's that number come from though? I dropped ~$5K and it has no impact at all on my life or investment plans. If I made more, I'd likely have spent more. For something to be "irresponsible", doesn't it have to have some adverse impact on life?
    Yes, you gave up an enormous opportunity cost of 5k. That could have went to retirement, it could have went to your kids college fund, you don't know the future, you don't know if you are going to get cancer tomorrow and have extreme medical bills. If 5k has "no impact at all" in your life, kudos too you, the rest of the real world, however, would beg to differ.

Unless you're under 5 feet tall, that's not healthy at all. Borderline anorexic, severely anorexic if they have above average muscle mass. Lean muscle in female athletes of average height puts them around 150 typically.
    I am a 6-foot tall male, and when I was doing full time triathlon (averaging 30 miles run, 4 miles swim and 120 miles on a bike per week) I weight 160 lbs. So 105 lbs seems reasonable for a 5-foot tall female distance racing athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    Yes, you gave up an enormous opportunity cost of 5k. That could have went to retirement, it could have went to your kids college fund, you don't know the future, you don't know if you are going to get cancer tomorrow and have extreme medical bills. If 5k has "no impact at all" in your life, kudos too you, the rest of the real world, however, would beg to differ.
    I have retirement plans that are sufficient and not particularly expensive tastes, am married but want no kids, an have sufficient health insurance to cover medical bills (as well as plenty of cash reserves).

Insisting that a $5K luxury good is always "irresponsible" isn't the "real world" anymore than having sufficient funds to buy occasional luxury goods is.

I have retirement plans that are sufficient and not particularly expensive tastes, am married but want no kids, an have sufficient health insurance to cover medical bills (as well as plenty of cash reserves).

Insisting that a $5K luxury good is always "irresponsible" isn't the "real world" anymore than having sufficient funds to buy occasional luxury goods is.
    Why don't you want kids? We need more little Spectrals running around for future generations

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Yeah. We are sick people. I even have two bikes. The frame of the older one is filled with ball bearings for hill training.
    The more I learn about you people the more convinced I become about my purpose in life. To personally hunt and kill every single one of you! However I'm dangerously unhealthy and you guys sound like your totally in shape so in the mean time could you please refrain from exercising so I might be able to catch you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Why don't you want kids? We need more little Spectrals running around for future generations
    They're expensive and I don't find them enjoyable at all. I don't like being around children. My wife likes children even less than I do and doesn't particularly want to deal with pregnancy anyway.

To be clear, I don't mean this to be a critique on anyone else. People love their kids and that's great. I admire good fathers. I just don't want to be one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The correct number of bikes to have is n+1, wherein n is the current number of bikes you have. Right now, I've only got my roadie (a Cervelo R3, use it for commuting, racing, and long rides) and a hybrid (used to grab groceries, go to bars, and take anywhere that I'm locking my bike outside). What I'd really like though is to have a tri bike for tris, my R3 for long rides, a titanium roadie for commuting, and the hybrid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    The more I learn about you people the more convinced I become about my purpose in life. To personally hunt and kill every single one of you! However I'm dangerously unhealthy and you guys sound like your totally in shape so in the mean time could you please refrain from exercising so I might be able to catch you.
    We're a filthy lot. Like, literally filthy. There's also sorts of nasty cycling-related facts - do you know how much your nose starts to drip when you ride at high speeds for a decent distance? It's... not good.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can be fat and happy, sure, but its best to make sure you're healthy. A vast majority of the time, if you are fat, you are not healthy. The perfect body does exist though, its beneath my clothes right now.

We're a filthy lot. Like, literally filthy. There's also sorts of nasty cycling-related facts - do you know how much your nose starts to drip when you ride at high speeds for a decent distance? It's... not good.
    No I have no idea what it's like to ride at high speeds for significant distances, mostly owing to my loathing of these sin machines you refer to as "bikes". I have the good honest sensibilities of decent folk and refuse to exercise accordingly.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account

In your world maybe, but for most of the middle/poor class which composes most of the known world, 5k is a lot. Keep dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    In your world maybe, but for most of the middle/poor class which composes most of the known world, 5k is a lot. Keep dreaming.
    I'm of the mind that money after you retire wouldn't be as well enjoyed as money spent at your prime. If you have it, use it.

It took me about two years to save $5k though, so, that's a lot of money for me. I'm using it to buy a new car simply because I hate how banks force full coverage car insurance on you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I'm of the mind that money after you retire wouldn't be as well enjoyed as money spent at your prime. If you have it, use it.

It took me about two years to save $5k though, so, that's a lot of money for me. I'm using it to buy a new car simply because I hate how banks force full coverage car insurance on you.
    Yeah, 5k is a lot for me too, and I make a decent amount. What type of car are you thinking about getting?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I'm using it to buy a new car simply because I hate how banks force full coverage car insurance on you.
    You must be young, then. I have a 2016 Fusion and my full coverage + renter's insurance is only 120/mo.