Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furlong View Post
    [*]Likely, inflation in Legion will make 62g even less than 62g in WoD.
    What inflation?
    The inflation in WOD was caused by the easy money coming for garrisons, multiplied X times by having X chars/garrisons.
    Unless they build an exact replica of this situation in Legion, which seems not to be the case, we are gonna have a deflation in Legion.
    I will go even further, after the initial release of legion, i expect token prices to go down a lot, except if we are given another easy money maker, or the token prices are not set due to the normal market interaction.

Deleted
    _ Hey bob, swap to healer for this boss fight please.
    *100g*
    _ Bob, can you swap back to dps for the trash ?
    *100g*
    _ Ok bob, you'll heal on this boss.
    *100g*
    _ Oh wait, Lisa and Bill are enough, stay dps please.
    *100g*
    _ Ok so the next one is really though, we'll need 3 healers here.
    *100g*

Great, thanks for nothing Blizzard :S

Deleted
    I would like, but probably won't get, one setup for each spec, & have talent swaps (both PvE & PvP) cost some change, that way the player could swap without being charged/penalised/whatever (I'm thinking of poor druids here....) & if they wanna customise for a particular activity/encounter/PvP comp or match then it'll cost em.

Kinda a halfway house type deal. Probably not gonna happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Furlong View Post

Queueing for an instance (LFD / LFR) will give a free respec for the instance. At least queues will not slow down.
    Which is anoying as hell, if I want to save the most money I'd be shadow so I don't need to respec with daillies, and get free switch inside the instance. Yeah, I'm not a RP not even close. But I'll be damned if I force myself to walk around in shadowform all the time

The progressive cost stops at 62g (in beta). Let's hope this cap is kept small.
    ikely, inflation in Legion will make 62g even less than 62g in WoD.
    If it is kept small why have it at all, it's a huge nuisance. It's also unfair towards hybrids.

they said that healers/tanks will do more DPS so that one can do daily quests on them. (I can't see them being close to DPS specs, though -- if a healer does 50% DPS, they have to respec for dailies of feel greatly nerfed w.r.t. anyone else)
    As they said in MoP. Also very excited about spamming smite 24/7. that's one fun hour of daillies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Which is anoying as hell, if I want to save the most money I'd be shadow so I don't need to respec with daillies, and get free switch inside the instance. Yeah, I'm not a RP not even close. But I'll be damned if I force myself to walk around in shadowform all the time

If it is kept small why have it at all, it's a huge nuisance. It's also unfair towards hybrids.

As they said in MoP. Also very excited about spamming smite 24/7. that's one fun hour of daillies.
    How is it unfair to hybrids? You having option to have other specs is a great boon, but you're not forced to switch. My paladin has been ret, and only ever ret since that's why I made him.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand why they would put a gold cost on the spec switching. It limits gameplay, which you really want to encourage; the gameplay of switching around to what you like the best.

Why put it in? If it is because they want another gold sink, they should really just increase flight path cost and maybe increase the price of vendor consumeables. Limiting play within your own character is dumb.

And of course it is a small amount of gold and all, but a price on something which should really be free, is just wierd. Its not the price of the switching that gets to me, but that there is a price in the first place.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    There is something about having to pay each time that makes me feel more restricted

I prefer to pay to unlock the system and don't bother anymore, even if the cost ends up being the same. However, if you have to pay everytime, you'll end questioning if you should bother changing spec for that particular thing and probably end up not doing it.

This is a great step backwards
    This is the point, totally agree. That's how human mind works.

it's like the focus augment runes.

Why bother buying the 4k-5k item when you can buy the consumables for 1g per use? You'll ever amortize it? Will you ever use it 5000 times? Probly not, but when using the consumables, you end up not using them 100% of the time, because maybe "this try is not worth it". But after you've spent 5k on a permanent consumable, you just use it everytime mindlessly.

So, going back to main topic and the great question: Do they want us to think twice before swapping specs? Or they want us to swap specs every pull**?

If they want us to think tiwce, they are going into the right direction.

Avoid the tank/healer queue argument, thats brainless, since they already said that the finder you'll provide you a free spec swap when entering/going out.(you 'll be swaping automatically to the spect you queued for)

**With my rogue, I, literally, am swapping specs on every boss and after every boss, going combat to subtley, etc.

People that say it is non issue never played pure dps class which require to change spec from boss to boss. Even how some people pointed out, it is fun to change specs just because you want to play something different, now most people will not switch specs whenever possible to avoid paying. Also funny thing with double standards that people will swap spec for free trough dungeon finder/LFR, which will not take in consideration pure dps class - so people will play with sub-optimal spec just to avoid cost ...

Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    *100g*
    *100g*
    *100g*
    *100g*
    *100g*

Yep, poor Bob ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    There is one fundamental piece of information that isn't mentioned in the patch notes. One of the specs available to your class can be marked as a Primary spec, switching to this spec costs no gold whatsoever, speccing to a non-primary spec costs gold. First few swaps cost no gold at all and after that there is a progressive cost which has no cap currently, this effect also decays over time and resets fully if you don't swap often. This change is made to reinforce the idea of a primary (main) spec and put some importance into this choice, this should be the spec you're playing most of the time instead of swapping every time another spec does 1% more damage/healing for a given scenario.
    We already have this commitment made by choosing our first Artefact. Anything beyond that is unnessecary harassment, especially for people who have paid the large sums when dualspec was introduced (and when gold was not that easy to come by).
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-05-13 at 12:05 PM.

*62g*
    *Free*
    *62g*
    *Free*
    *62g*
    Fixed that for you.

---

Although I would like to see both Main and Dual-Offspec being free, as a positive remnant of Dual-Spec. So only switching to the 3rd (3rd and 4th foe druids) spec will cost gold. Just like now but without the action bars issue.

Obviously my overall opinion is for all to be free, just like switching talents.

There is one fundamental piece of information that isn't mentioned in the patch notes. One of the specs available to your class can be marked as a Primary spec, switching to this spec costs no gold whatsoever, speccing to a non-primary spec costs gold. First few swaps cost no gold at all and after that there is a progressive cost which has no cap currently, this effect also decays over time and resets fully if you don't swap often. This change is made to reinforce the idea of a primary (main) spec and put some importance into this choice, this should be the spec you're playing most of the time instead of swapping every time another spec does 1% more damage/healing for a given scenario.
    aka MORE FORCED BULLSHIT

thanks blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Its not about the gold. Please read the thread.
    It's about a lot of whining for no reason, like 99% of the threads on MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Druzzil View Post
    This is the point, totally agree. That's how human mind works.

it's like the focus augment runes.

Why bother buying the 4k-5k item when you can buy the consumables for 1g per use? You'll ever amortize it? Will you ever use it 5000 times? Probly not, but when using the consumables, you end up not using them 100% of the time, because maybe "this try is not worth it". But after you've spent 5k on a permanent consumable, you just use it everytime mindlessly.

So, going back to main topic and the great question: Do they want us to think twice before swapping specs? Or they want us to swap specs every pull**?

If they want us to think tiwce, they are going into the right direction.

Avoid the tank/healer queue argument, thats brainless, since they already said that the finder you'll provide you a free spec swap when entering/going out.(you 'll be swaping automatically to the spect you queued for)

**With my rogue, I, literally, am swapping specs on every boss and after every boss, going combat to subtley, etc.
    I agree 100%. If they had just said "For 50k you can unlock your 3rd spec and switch between all 3 freely" everyone would have been excited. But because they're dinging us 60g at a time, even though it will never add up to 50k, people got their panties in a wad. We needed gold sinks, we're getting new and improved flexibility, get over it!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    charging gold for spec swaps is so 2010. Why blizzard want to take steps backs in the convience of playing the game make no sense.

I'm all for making the game "harder" by making the content more challenging an engaging... but to just be like " lol you gotta pay to spec frost for this cleave fight, then fire for this aoe fight, and then arcane for this single target fight " is fucking stupid. No one finds this fun or engaging, it certainly doesnt add to the immersion ( who the fuck takes the gold... is there some invisible spec fairy that takes it? ), its shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I agree. We should PUNISH good players for enjoying getting the most out of their character. Fuck those guys. They should be relaxed casual players who dont give a fuck about their performance.

I swapped specs a few times yesterday and didn't see a notification at all about gold cost. This was in Dalaran, right after the Broken Shore event. I'll have to check again tonight now that I'm actually out questing.

I don't agree with it costing gold BUT I'm just happy they're letting us freely swap between specs now. It really should've been done a long time ago and it's really going to help queue times for everyone.

As an example I raided Warrior and to be competitive ran Fury/Arms. Now that I can hit one button and queue as Tank. I'm going to do it nearly every time.

So you can talk to your trainer and switch for free? Often I switch specs just to set my saved equipment sets and obviously elemental can't dw so I need to be enhance to set that equipment set.

At first I was happy with the announcement of triple spec but now I think putting any kind of price on spec swapping will discourage a lot of people - including me - to swap specs. At this point I would prefer just having two specs like on live and be able to swap between the two for free whenever I want.

The whole 'when you queue for a role and you get in the dungeon it's free' argument is dumb imo. I like to be in the spec I'll do a dungeon as before getting in the dungeon so I can make sure I have the right talents / gear on.

Praise DH for only having 2 specs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toolsv View Post
    Does anyone have any information about what this gold cost is, how it scales and whether or not there is a cap? I change specs constantly and don't much care for gold making so I hope this doesn't send me bankrupt.

I don't have Beta access so I can't test this myself.
    BTW the gold switching cost caps at 78 gold so... and setting yourself as tank in a dungeon, but running around dps in the world, it will switch you to tank, and out of tank, for free when you enter and leave the dungeon, cool eh?

- - - Updated - - -

*100g*
    *100g*
    *100g*
    *100g*
    *100g*

78G each, and switching to your main spec wuld be free, so switching to heal would cost him nothing, so

free

free

free

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Absolutely idiotic move...now we can change FOR FREE between two speccs, at Legion we have to switch for Gold-Cost EVERYTIME. Well, i won't play much tank then and stay at my fury specc, with free change i would have tanked a fair bit too. Have fun at nobody playing tank/heal again...
    when you enter a dungeon you get a free change, gold cost caps at 78, and changing to your main spec is allways free, so maker your mainspec the one you play the most

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    The other person who doesn't queue as tank and thus didn't have to swap now has 100g advantage on you, for nothing.

Repeat x multiple thousands of times over the life cycle of expansion.

I will never, ever queue as a healer or a tank while it costs me a single scrap of gold to do so. I hope others do the same, to the point where the DPS are begging for the cost to be removed.
    lol 2 posts above you somone explains when you join a dungeon you get a free respec, and a free respec when you leave

quest as dps, join dungeon as tank, you instant change to tank for free, then instant change back for free

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Why do they punish people that want to help their raid/dungeon group? This will cause even less healers and tanks, especially in casual groups. This is a bad idea and I don't see why they bring that back. It primarly affects hybrid classes. So it's unfair, too.
    dungeons will have free changing, and if your raiding 1 boss will drop enough gold to pay for 1-3 respecs.. you will be spending 500g each full reapir so 78g a change is that really that bad?