Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    A fully functional metropolis, prospering for the last 10.000 years. Suramar was one of the biggest night elf cities in existence after all.
    Ok stupid question but i was avoiding most spoilers - were they underwater all that time, or were they on surface and noone noticed for 10k years ?
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2016-05-13 at 01:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Lort'themar only wanted to join the Alliance to use them as a meatsheild against Garrosh. He went back Full Horde once Vol'jin came out of hiding/jaina went apeshit, effectively sealing them with the Horde. He even yells "we are the Horde, we do not back down"
    Lort'themar is cool char
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    A fully functional metropolis, prospering for the last 10.000 years. Suramar was one of the biggest night elf cities in existence after all.
    I love the Highborne, their history is one of my favorites and full of mystery. Suramar and the Nightborne are very interesting to me, but i'm also disappointed that they decided to ally with Gul'dan and the Burning Legion...because we'll have to almost completely wipe them out. Which is a shame, for a race that managed to survive for thousands of years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lort'themar only wanted to join the Alliance to use them as a meatsheild against Garrosh. He went back Full Horde once Vol'jin came out of hiding/jaina went apeshit, effectively sealing them with the Horde. He even yells "we are the Horde, we do not back down"
    Lort'themar is cool char
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Ok stupid question but i was avoiding most spoilers - were they underwater all that time, or were they on surface and noone noticed for 10k years ?
    It has been more or less retconed that the entire broken isles were underwater, just parts of them.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    so Nothing effect them in the last 10,000 + years, that's impossible
    They shielded their city, with a magical barrier, using the nightwell.

7+ Year Old Account
    They shielded their city, with a magical barrier, using the nightwell.
    I don't know why I'm not convinced

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I love the Highborne, their history is one of my favorites and full of mystery. Suramar and the Nightborne are very interesting to me, but i'm also disappointed that they decided to ally with Gul'dan and the Burning Legion...because we'll have to almost completely wipe them out. Which is a shame, for a race that managed to survive for thousands of years.
    There might be a coup, though they will have a massive problem their nightwell is most likely gone at the end of the expac and nightborne can literally not survive without a source of power.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why I'm not convinced
    It is what it is, the nightborne even got a small section in the chronicles. They lived there under their bubble undisturbed for 10k years.

10+ Year Old Account
    There might be a coup, though they will have a massive problem their nightwell is most likely gone at the end of the expac and nightborne can literally not survive without a source of power.
    Yeah, exactly.
    Damn, i wish the Night Elves could look like them. Nightborne are just so much more beautiful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    The Undeads of Hillsbrad should join the Alliance.
    so little sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    I don't understand this "subrace" idea that is thrown around quite often. What is a supposed difference between a "race" and a "subrace"?
    if you want to play tauren but look something different

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    I don't understand this "subrace" idea that is thrown around quite often. What is a supposed difference between a "race" and a "subrace"?
    if you want to play tauren but look something different
    or undead but look more sexy
    or dwarf but iron
    you can get the idea with adding more "sub-race"

- - - Updated - - -

What have they done that makes them a main race of the current Alliance? Policed Dalaran? Blood elves have the homeland, the sunwell, the notable lore figures, and entire expansion and warcraft 3 campaign centered on them leaving. High elves have auric, who wants the High elves to rejoin the Blood elves, and Vereesa who can't decide if she wants to hate the Horde or Rule the Forsaken alongside her sister. The High elves literally pop up only when they need someone to make the Blood elves look better. Not to mention High elves do nothing but die, every group has sbeen killed off except for the ones under auric/ the few in hinterlands and the SC, who have joined up with the farstriders in legion

The greatest crime of all is that Vereesa however is a knaak character
    could you stop
    M-Ra wouldn't be convinced no matter what

- - - Updated - - -

After so many years, people still can't get over the fact that Blood Elves joined the Horde instead of the Alliance. Impressive.
    I laughed so hard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    After Legion give playable Nightborne to Horde and then Alliance can have their 'high elves'.
    it would be useless

10+ Year Old Account
    Rhlor, you're wrong sir. So was I about who tries to take. It wasn't Lady Liadrin, it was Lor'themar Theron. The player ends up with the sword. Just because they may give Lady Liadrin the model in game (not sure if they do or not, because it doesn't really matter), doesn't mean it is hers.

https://youtu.be/NHsiVES1fQs?t=30m48s

Also, there is a difference in the people. Quel'dorei = High Elves/Children of Noble Birth. Sin'dorei = Blood Elf/Children of the Blood. Watch the whole video and you'll see the distinction Blizzard is trying to give them.

You do know high elves are the more stuck up
    What I mean is that the High Elves are indeed the stuck up ones, but the Blood Elves are the same High Elves who went through unfortunate events and score them into their drama list.

In the end, they are stuck up and use the drama as a means to imply " I am not just an unfairly lucky person, I have also had some hard time you know !".

Of course all of that is a subject of difference per RP scenario, however, most Blood Elves do fit and express that archetype.

In my opinion, Blood Elves should be more like "Light Elves" now with the Sunwell and less about nobility and stuck up mentality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Centuries ahead? If High Elves manages to survive the next decade they'll be lucky.
    I laughed so hard

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Also, there is a difference in the people. Quel'dorei = High Elves/Children of Noble Birth. Sin'dorei = Blood Elf/Children of the Blood. Watch the whole video and you'll see the distinction Blizzard is trying to give them.
    https://youtu.be/-e9LTjYiRJw?t=1683

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    What I mean is that the High Elves are indeed the stuck up ones, but the Blood Elves are the same High Elves who went through unfortunate events and score them into their drama list.

In the end, they are stuck up and use the drama as a means to imply " I am not just an unfairly lucky person, I have also had some hard time you know !".

Of course all of that is a subject of difference per RP scenario, however, most Blood Elves do fit and express that archetype.

In my opinion, Blood Elves should be more like "Light Elves" now with the Sunwell and less about nobility and stuck up mentality.
    Yeah blood elves are still stuck up, but they are willing to crawl through the mud if push comes to shove, the high elves on the other hand made clear they are not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    First off, using the term 'Horde Fanboys' isn't going to make you seem the reasonable side of the argument.

This debate is older than your presence on these boards, older than my presence on these boards, it's almost as old as the moment people realised the fourth Alliance race was going to be Gnomes.

You are raising points long demolished, making arguments long countered, asking questions long answered. But we will try again as we always do.

Firstly, the primary objection is to High Elves as a playable race. It's based on several pillars.

The first is lore...the High Elves are basically all dead. There is a tiny remnant population in Dalaran that sometimes acts as a bunch of enforcers for Jaina but that is the limit of their influence.

Expanding on the lore objection, they are NOT a major Alliance race. They are far from it. They are the mistrusted remnants of a remnant. During the big Alliance leader meet before the Cataclysm, the High Elves weren't even invited in any capacity. If they were a big Alliance race, why wasn't the Alliance racial leader not standing there at council?

Even WHEN they were a part of the Alliance, they weren't the stalwart allies you seem to think they were. That was Lord of the Rings. A lot of this is people trying to have Lord of the Rings in WoW. You know, the proud Human, the loyal Dwarf, the mystical Elf...just like Tolkien intended. A lot of people act like Blizzard violated the fifth fantasy commandment when they decided the Elves and the Orcs would be on the same side in this universe... But anyways they were a fairly xenophobic bunch who joined the Alliance when it was convenient and bailed the moment it wasn't. Hardly the stuff of legendary friendships.

Moving onto the next pillar, fairness. Isn't it funny how the one race you absolutely MUST have is also, conventionally, the most attractive race in the game? You aren't asking for a Goblin cartel of your own, or playable Grimtotem Tauren or anything equally, if not more, plausible than High Elves. No...it HAS to be High Elves.

The race that was in every way except name granted to the Horde back in the Burning Crusade to rectify our crippling population imbalance issue? That race? The race Blizzard deliberately added because they knew people would LOVE to play them? That race? Well mission accomplished...even nearly a decade later we still have people dying to play them.

And the third pillar, faction integrity. Either we have two factions, or we do not. Factions consist of a variety of races, each appealing to different tastes and preferences. The Blood Elves of the Horde cover our attractive angle and our magical race angle.

The Alliance has THREE conventionally attractive races and TWO magically orientated races. They also have their own race of Elves although some people seem to prefer the lily white elf to the duskier tones of the Night Elf.

Like it or not the High Elves are a Blood Elf clone, and it's not just that it's a case of 'just this one race and we'll be happy'...it's that it is what a lot of people would considered our best race, the number one pull factor for the Horde.

So no, it is not selfish of us to oppose you having them. It is deeply selfish of you to ask.

Obelisk Kai I like you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Could someone please explain to me the love for High Elves? Are they not just Blood Elves that aren't addicted to fel/arcane magic?
    I don't know either

- - - Updated - - -

Noooooooooooooo, better to stay away from these abominations...
    double vote

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I believe you are all wasting your time. If Blizzard decides to introduce High Elves to the Alliance they will find any reason they want and retcon anything they want since they decide how to write the story and I don't think they will ask for permission.
    Blizzard can do anything for sure
    we are speaking about if they should or not
    if blizzard want to make poop char they will
    btw poop char is Natural

- - - Updated - - -

I still want Blizzard to hear my idea about retconning everything to have billions of High Elves popping out of nowhere, just to serve as trash mobs for some forgettable raid while getting Nagas and Ogres as playable races.
    Playable
    FOR THE HORDE

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Then why you like High elves?

on a serious note.. Nightborne offer lore of 10k years which never seen before? were high elves bring uhm.. blue eyes..
    majestic isn't !?

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think the Blood Elves are? THEY ARE THE HIGH ELVES THAT USED TO BE IN THE ALLIANCE. That ship sailed ten years ago. You talk as if the High Elves of the silver covenant are a different race entirely. They aren't...no more than the Defias Brotherhood are a different race from the Humans of Stormwind.

If you think that the Horde getting High Elves would be unfair, you are too late because it happened. Just deal with it, deal with the disappointment that the Horde lost nothing as a result and move on.
    omg you are killing me
    I laughed so hard

we don't know any amount of any race
    high elf's or orc
    what we know that if orc's were thousand high elf's would be 30
    Agreed. What we do know, however, is that Blizzard doesn't really care about numbers when they think smth is cool.
    You'd think majority of Vrykul were wiped out in Northrend. But nope!
    In Legion we discover even more of them, who conveniently fled south long, long ago.
    "Lore number" argument is not really an argument in this case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    And that is a problem why?
    If that is the logic then what exactly is the model difference between the two Pandaren races?
    Red and Blue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragerre View Post
    Agreed. What we do know, however, is that Blizzard doesn't really care about numbers when they think smth is cool.
    You'd think majority of Vrykul were wiped out in Northrend. But nope!
    In Legion we discover even more of them, who conveniently fled south long, long ago.
    "Lore number" argument is not really an argument in this case.
    for me I believe that if Blizzard did introduce high-elf's as playable char, the number of people playing it would be more that what high-elf's population should be

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    I almost forget that the Hunter Class Hall existed.

They...Do things, right?
    Vereesa is working with the blood elves in the questline of Thas'Dorah

vereesa and a blood elf mage in this image

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    No.

No.

No.
    Rolling on the floor laughing

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Vereesa is working with the blood elves in the questline of Thas'Dorah

vereesa and a blood elf mage in this image
    Wasn't that a silver covenant mage? Did they change that?

7+ Year Old Account
    you know...

arrow stuff.
    I could make a DC joke about this
    but I won't

- - - Updated - - -

So is this really just about trying to take something off the Horde because you feel stuff is taken off the Alliance?

Well, firstly a playable race is orders of magnitude bigger than an npc who sometimes speaks with us or a neutral organization we can work for (small side note, Alliance can work with the Earthen Ring and by your logic they are 'Horde'...except they aren't, they are Shaman).

Secondly...my heart...it bleeds for you.
    "trying to heal Obelisk Kai "
    don't leave me fighting M-ra alone