Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i don't think for any reasonable reason for non equal pay for equal work (and equal hours)
    did you even bother to watch the video?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh, I should totally click on a link called freakonomics because that totally sounds like a trustworthy source.

I'm going to follow Eurostat, the European Commision and the European Parliament on this.

Perhaps I will listen to your link if you will read this: http://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_ca...s-appendix.pdf
    The tl;dr of it? "You are wrong."
    Your link describes a 5% wage gap unexplained by a number of factors - in which wage negotiation tactics was not included. Women are less likely to aggressively negotiate wages. Your report chalks this 5% up to discrimination, but I don't think that's the case.

Yeah I'm missing where this is some major fuck up on Clitons part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    did you even bother to watch the video?
    What Friedman ignores here is that there are laws against discrimination by sex, and these laws are easily enforceable in our lawsuit-happy culture. His argument that sexist employers are already being punished for their discrimination because they have to pay men 'more' is weak and ignores minimum living wage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary (and Obama) have been parroting the 77 cents to the dollar nonsense for a while now.

Not sure how this is new.

Crooked hillary is so out of touch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    What's the campaign error? I'm still trying to figure out this thread.
    Pay Gap Alert: Clinton Foundation Male Execs Earn 38% More Than Women

Male executives at the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation earn 38 percent more than women executives, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation review of the foundation’s latest IRS tax filings.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mueller greyhound View Post
    trump for 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    trump 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    What Friedman ignores here is that there are laws against discrimination by sex, and these laws are easily enforceable in our lawsuit-happy culture. His argument that sexist employers are already being punished for their discrimination because they have to pay men 'more' is weak and ignores minimum living wage.
    What exactly is weak about the argument?

I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with it, but from a economic theory standpoint, it has merit. He also didn't agree with a minimum wage either, let alone a living wage. He also makes great arguments for that in the same series of videos.

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    The conspiracy theory that's backed up by hard data? Silly people....

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/wom...gs-in-2014.htm

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2016/wom...occupation.htm
    The actual data that's real data says it's about only 6% or something. The data you linked is dumb data that simply says "women made this much men made this much a week/year"

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree that it's a misstep, I think her intention is to say that Trump is claiming that in places where women aren't making equal pay for equal work, his stance is that their work isn't good enough.

Hillary lost my vote though due to this. I'll be voting for Drumpf

i was hoping she slipped up and said "nigger" or something. let a little bit more of that closet racist come out.

don't really understand why this is big?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yeah, so? That's what I am saying.

Ooooooooooooh..
    Please do not tell me you thought the wage gap was about white cis-male hating women?
    That's a narrative made up by forum trolls that love to play the victim card. I have never heard anyone actually claim that.
    I watched you fall apart. I chased you to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    What exactly is weak about the argument?

I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with it, but from a economic theory standpoint, it has merit. He also didn't agree with a minimum wage either, let alone a living wage. He also makes great arguments for that in the same series of videos.
    yes, but there are some problems with his arguemnt, from an economic POV. it seems to ignore that there are differences in bargaining power and access to information between workers and employers. when you have those differences, you can't really punish a employer for not paying enough. also, there's a bit of desperation within lower wage workers that diminishes their bargaining power.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The3rdCatalyst View Post
    He can explain it, but is is so obvious your question comes off as baiting/trolling. I'll take the bait for him.
    Trump's quote is saying women will make as much of a man if she does the same work a man does.
    It is an error because Hillary is suggesting this is bad/unfair. Then it insinuates a wage gap, which is a far left belief, which OP is not.
    How come anything liberal these days is labeled "far left?" Asking for fair wages isn't extremist belief
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    yes, but there are some problems with his arguemnt, from an economic POV. it seems to ignore that there are differences in bargaining power and access to information between workers and employers. when you have those differences, you can't really punish a employer for not paying enough. also, there's a bit of desperation within lower wage workers that diminishes their bargaining power.
    those are two very valid points, however I don't know how valid they are today.

With the internet and sites such as BLS.gov, you can get a summary of the low/median/ and high end pay of any particular occupation.

Using that information, you should be able to negotiate pay.

However I do understand that not everyone is aware of this and it doesn't always apply. It is a good place to look though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Politics is ridiculous. No consistency. 10 years ago or so Howard Dean went woooo on stage and apparently that was colloidal. Trump threatens to have somehow force Mexico to build a wall and also ban Muslims and he wins the nomination. I doubt this will.domharm to hillary she is far too connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    How come anything liberal these days is labeled "far left?" Asking for fair wages isn't extremist belief
    Yes, but making up fake issues is extremist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Yes, but making up fake issues is extremist.
    You mean like your lot does about bathroom safety?