Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post

Yeh. Freedom of expression only means the government can't do sht to me for saying such things. other private citizens can have whatever opinion of me they wish and react to me as they like, within the bounds of the law.

But I recognize I'm talking to a known Russophile here. I am most certainly NOT a Russophobe though. The idea is laughable. There's nothing at all to be afraid of anymore regarding them. By mid century ( due to demographic collapse mostly) Russia will be a shadow of its former self, and an irrelevancy on the world stage.
    I'm still predicting Russia will break up further.

I think future historians will see the Arc of Russian history as about a century and a half of Russia trying different forms of imperialism in pursuit of Eurasian hegemony (an Empire, Communism, the Russian Federation), only for all of them to fail because a superstate with artificial borders that stretches from the Baltic Sea to the Berring Straight should not exist. It's too big, with too few people, bordering too many countries. It's intrinsically unstable.

I think the Russian Federation will be viewed as a pause in "the Russian Empire's" continued decline. The breakup of the Soviet Union and it's relationships was the latest phase of disintegration. The break up the Russian Federation will be the next one. But it'll be part of the same historic event, separated by decades. The disintegration /transformation of the Roman Empire, which was similarly vast, had similarly artificial borders and bordered a huge number of "countries" with too few people to populate its vastness, all so proceeded in stages rather than all at once.

This is by the way, fantastic for the world. Nuclear weapons are expensive to own and expensive to make. Russia with it's population of 140 million (only a fraction of which are taxpayers) can barely afford what it has, even with it's (declining) oil wealth. You want to disarm Russia? Shrink its tax revenues.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The government hand in hand with the media has fostered a climate where their opposition is demonized and penalized. This is no freedom, but you are drinking the koolaid, so whatever.

Obama was talking big last year about isolation, economy in tatters and pariahs. Look how he is asking for concessions now. You are gobbling up the pre-packaged US government propaganda.
    I couldn't care the f less about government info. I'm "gobbling up" science. In this case, demography, more specifically. Google "russian demographic collapse."

Enjoy the horror show.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-05-13 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I could care the f less about government info. I'm "gobbling up" science. In this case, demography, more specifically. Google "russian demographic collapse."

Enjoy the horror show.
    Japan and Germany are far worse. Russia has had a close to 2 birth rate for a few years. Plus having more people in the coming age of automatisation won't be a benefit.

The coming ethnic wars in the USA tho. That is going to be scary. I mean post apartheid Africa scary. With gangs killing familie, raping children and pouring boiling water down parents throats.

You gonna get it bad.

"Ethnic Wars in the US".

rofllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I'm still predicting Russia will break up further.

I think future historians will see the Arc of Russian history as about a century and a half of Russia trying different forms of imperialism in pursuit of Eurasian hegemony (an Empire, Communism, the Russian Federation), only for all of them to fail because a superstate with artificial borders that stretches from the Baltic Sea to the Berring Straight should not exist. It's too big, with too few people, bordering too many countries. It's intrinsically unstable.

I think the Russian Federation will be viewed as a pause in "the Russian Empire's" continued decline. The breakup of the Soviet Union and it's relationships was the latest phase of disintegration. The break up the Russian Federation will be the next one. But it'll be part of the same historic event, separated by decades. The disintegration /transformation of the Roman Empire, which was similarly vast, had similarly artificial borders and bordered a huge number of "countries" with too few people to populate its vastness, all so proceeded in stages rather than all at once.

This is by the way, fantastic for the world. Nuclear weapons are expensive to own and expensive to make. Russia with it's population of 140 million (only a fraction of which are taxpayers) can barely afford what it has, even with it's (declining) oil wealth. You want to disarm Russia? Shrink its tax revenues.
    That might very well take well beyond your lifetime and that of your children too.
    Russia has the largest mineral and energy reserves in the world, to my knowledge.

And Putin isn't immortal either. A more modern leadership again, and the ballgame changes back to perestroika spirit.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    From what? The moose or polar bear?

I'd welcome Canada as the police force of the world. Let someone else take the load off the USA. I wish you the best of luck Canada.
    Canadians don't want world dominance. Low military spending is ideal for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    This thread is going to be amazing. Just a bunch of Americans/Canadians rubbing each others private parts.
    Mostly tennis rubbing himself over his beloved canada.

"Ethnic Wars in the US".
    The police won't be able to choke and shoot minorities without backlash for ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    If he had demanded this from the U.S. this thread would be full of Europeans saying it's all our fault and our obligation to help. Lol.

I guess Euros respect Canada more. Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Japan and Germany are far worse.
    German birth rates fall has stopped, and started to rise again.
    No, not because of the refugees lol
    The trend started in 2012. it keeps building up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That might very well take well beyond your lifetime and that of your children too.
    Russia has the largest mineral and energy reserves in the world, to my knowledge.

And Putin isn't immortal either. A more modern leadership again, and the ballgame changes back to perestroika spirit.
    Perhaps. Perhaps not. I think the "ultimate form" of what is now Russia, is certainly very far in the future.

Take Germany for example. One way to look at much of European history since the 1871 is how Europe (then the world) deals with a strong, united Germany. Two world wars came out of that, with the Cold War intermission (where a divided Germany played a key role) followed by Germany reunification, and now Germany as defacto EU leader and dominant European country. The story is still being written. But I think the parameters of "what Germany looks like" are now broadly known.

I think we'll get there too with Russia long before Russia is as boring as Portugal or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    German birth rates fall has stopped, and started to rise again.
    It's because of migrants, not native Germans.

http://www.cafebabel.co.uk/society/a...of-poland.html

Also, Poland has almost the worst Birth rate in Europe. It will decline and become barren long before Russia which makes spending money on defending Poland a non-issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I guess Euros respect Canada more. Interesting.
    Sorry buddy, nobody respects a male feminist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps. Perhaps not. I think the "ultimate form" of what is now Russia, is certainly very far in the future.

Take Germany for example. One way to look at much of European history since the 1871 is how Europe (then the world) deals with a strong, united Germany. Two world wars came out of that, with the Cold War intermission (where a divided Germany played a key role) followed by Germany reunification, and now Germany as defacto EU leader and dominant European country. The story is still being written. But I think the parameters of "what Germany looks like" are now broadly known.

I think we'll get there too with Russia long before Russia is as boring as Portugal or something.
    I get what your point is.
    I've but one objection. To know what Germany looks like, you've to expand the timeline to 870.. You gotta add another 1000 years.
    Which might be what you wanna say anyway.
    Europe is a construct in motion for as long as it became populated. Countries arose from it, changed their shapes one way or another.
    That's a fact no one can overlook.
    But also a fact is, how we all developed our various identities. And those go well beyond the 19th century.
    Russia too is a country with well over 1000 yrs under it's belt.
    Yes there are tribal identifications, just like in every other European country are. But they're all Russians when it comes to it.
    So, a continued collapse is rather unlikely. A change in government however is very much possible, and inevitable.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's what he thinks we are. Canada protects itself not Poland.
    From What? Poor manners? A slightly displeasured moose?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Mostly tennis rubbing himself over his beloved canada.
    Rolling around in poutine topped with maple syrup with some beaver nuggets.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    From What? Poor manners? A slightly displeasured moose?

- - - Updated - - -

Rolling around in poutine topped with maple syrup with some beaver nuggets.
    Artic sovereignty son. Not to mention drug traffickers and pirates.

Deleted
    The government hand in hand with the media has fostered a climate where their opposition is demonized and penalized. This is no freedom, but you are drinking the koolaid, so whatever.

Obama was talking big last year about isolation, economy in tatters and pariahs. Look how he is asking for concessions now. You are gobbling up the pre-packaged US government propaganda.
    No wonder Berengil is on the ignore lists of literally half the forum community, with the excessive misinformation he deliberately spews.

Japan and Germany are far worse. Russia has had a close to 2 birth rate for a few years. Plus having more people in the coming age of automatisation won't be a benefit.

The coming ethnic wars in the USA tho. That is going to be scary. I mean post apartheid Africa scary. With gangs killing familie, raping children and pouring boiling water down parents throats.

You gonna get it bad.
    You're the biggest moron on the forums lmao. Russia's economy will continue to drop into the shitter but since you've admitted yourself that you're a Kremlin shill, you'll claim otherwise.

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-05-14 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    /facepalm, listen bud...you know how Denmark isn't Sweden? Yah well, turns out Canada, isn't America. Just fyi...
    /facepalm, last time i checked, Canada was still located in America, did I write USA?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah right. Your Government sends pre-packaged news and silences journalists.
    Yet this journalist is free to question whatever he wants, and it gets showed on c-span.

All politicians (yes in your country too), would love for the media to portray them as doing a great job and they'll try to influence it as much as possible, they spend a great deal of time and money on media training and ofcourse they'll inform the media with "news" the way they want it portrayed in media, it is obviously up to the media to choose wether they want to use it or not, and afterwards dig in deeper in regards to whatever story it could be.

If Obama comes to Bulgaria it'll be big news, but ofcourse the media would have been told by the goverment, and not be in a position where they'd have to figure it out themselves.

Deleted
    Why Canada ? I don't get it, Canada isn't really a military power, who the hell, appart Poland, would think about Canada when it comes to territory security ?
    At first at thought that was related to the proximity of Canada and Russia at the north pole but apparently, it's not
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-05-14 at 05:40 AM.