Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    why can't we collect half titans and then the other half great named warriors, personally I wish that we looked for the greatest warriors of each race, or at least alliance and horde

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    He's not a Vrykul, so no. He'll probably end up a part of the Shaman campaign or something, since he "speaks for the earth now".

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I'd rather be collecting powerful champions relating to my class, or creating them in the DK's case, rather than collecting more Vrykul. Don't get me wrong, Vrykul and Watchers can be cool and all, but there's a pretty overwhelming theme in Legion that has dick all to do with Warriors.
    The DK one ends terribly though, the first 3 are sensible but the last one drives the Ebon Blade from "Ruthless Anti-Heroes who do what needs to be done" to "Jerks doing evil things to their allies for no reason"

Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    The DK one ends terribly though, the first 3 are sensible but the last one drives the Ebon Blade from "Ruthless Anti-Heroes who do what needs to be done" to "Jerks doing evil things to their allies for no reason"
    Doesn't matter, fanboys will only care about "omg yas, tirion is a death knight!".

This is the biggest problem with WoW writing for the last few years; they care more about the impact value, not the narrative.

Doesn't matter, fanboys will only care about "omg yas, tirion is a death knight!".

This is the biggest problem with WoW writing for the last few years; they care more about the impact value, not the narrative.
    Hey I have mained a DK since I started playing, I very much care and I hate that they are derailing the Ebon Blade for no reason.

Hey I have mained a DK since I started playing, I very much care and I hate that they are derailing the Ebon Blade for no reason.
    Then you'd better tell them that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    why can't we collect half titans and then the other half great named warriors, personally I wish that we looked for the greatest warriors of each race, or at least alliance and horde
    Because the narrative doesn't allow for it, which is precisely why I've been bringing that up in my feedback. See: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ling-in-Legion.

I haven't got Beta, and hell they don't even listen to me when I directly point out hypocrisy in their logic involving Artifact traits and Talent's being too similar. So Roleplay wise..my character gets to tell the Knights of the Ebon Blade to fuck themselves.

Edit : And for the record, I do not get the Warrior Class hall in any way shape or form. It makes zero sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the narrative doesn't allow for it, which is precisely why I've been bringing that up in my feedback. See: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ling-in-Legion.
    yeah I saw its frustrating, the one reason I was ok with our class hall is because I thought we where going to see the ghosts of all the pass great warriors, to me that made it more ok, but its just vykrul

yeah I saw its frustrating, the one reason I was ok with our class hall is because I thought we where going to see the ghosts of all the pass great warriors, to me that made it more ok, but its just vykrul
    I think that's how a lot of us felt when we first saw the hall. It was empty, just a first-pass placeholder with a lot of potential. We all imagined how "valhalla" could be done in WoW and the possibilities were awesome. Then they started populating it with props, NPCs, and quests, and we all realized they had completely sat on their own balls with this one. I always would've preferred some stronghold under siege on the frontlines of the war, a la Act III of D3. BUT, i was willing to shrug off my own ideas and roll with the idea of WoW valhalla for warriors. But that's not what we got - we got Vrykul heaven.

I still see, frequently, people posting here and on the official forums defending the warrior class hall talking about how the ghosts of ancient warriors are/will be there, etc - folks who ran with those early ideas and haven't discovered that we didn't get valhalla. As beta moves forward, and Legion launches, there are going to be a LOT of let down and disappointed warriors when they get there and realize the shit that's been given to them. Total shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    I still see, frequently, people posting here and on the official forums defending the warrior class hall talking about how the ghosts of ancient warriors are/will be there, etc - folks who ran with those early ideas and haven't discovered that we didn't get valhalla. As beta moves forward, and Legion launches, there are going to be a LOT of let down and disappointed warriors when they get there and realize the shit that's been given to them. Total shame.
    And unfortunately, because the feedback process has become a joke, that fact won't be recognized until it's too late, and at best we'll get a "thinking back, we probably would have gone a different direction".

- - - Updated - - -

Because I feel I have to clarify: I say that I feel as though the feedback process has become a joke, not because they don't care about feedback per se, but because they only care about feedback regarding specific features, while having absolutely no inclination of changing other areas of the game.

The more unfortunate part is simply how it's approached. Only a limited number of players get to participate in the direct feedback process, which is good to minimize the amount of angry voices, but bad when it's used against the players giving feedback. I can't count the number of times the "only a minority of players" excuse has been given to disregard any feedback they don't like (which of course is not to say that all feedback is necessarily correct). Sometimes the response has merit (see the post regarding expensive mounts in Legion, which I agree with), but sometimes it's pure handwaving (see the post about one Priest main enjoying WoD Wild Strike, despite overwhelming opposition to the ability from actual Warriors).

However, the worst part to me is the fact that the feedback process is very one sided. Obviously there are far too many voices for devs to answer every one individually, but that's also why they employ so many CM's. The Warrior feedback was a very good example of this: Legion Alpha started in November, and if memory serves, we had a grand total of two one-sentence blue post responses (both to very selective portions of my own posts, go figure), despite our specs changing considerably throughout that time.

How exactly are we supposed to give relevant and useful feedback, if we don't know what the developers are thinking? I do want to stress that this is not a completely systemic problem; some specs get more attention to others, which is completely natural and I'm not upset about, but it's agonizingly frustrating to put in so much work and hear nothing in return. Simply put: if we don't know what the developmental goals are, we don't know where to focus our efforts and can't tailor our feedback to match, which will always result in a large portion of it being immediately discarded.

Note: This isn't to say that the feedback process is useless. We've had responses, we have (on occasion) effected positive change, we've even had a hand in balancing, and I personally have had a number of my own suggestions implemented into the game over the years. However, the feedback process is imbalanced; it's confused and undirected, which only hurts it the process.

It would have been nice, to see Ghost Grommash, and have him be like

"Don't say anything about Garrosh..I saw from here..I am still drinking it all away..Hey Lothar, get me another ale of Grog. I beat him at Arm Wrestling last week, the loser had to get drinks for the winner for a month"

Deleted
    "Don't say anything about Garrosh..I saw from here..I am still drinking it all away..Hey Lothar, get me another ale of Grog. I beat him at Arm Wrestling last week, the loser had to get drinks for the winner for a month"
    I would take that instead of vrykuls

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I would take that instead of vrykuls
    You know Grom and Lothar are like Bromancing it up in whatever afterlife they are in :P

Didnt even need ghosts to make the place make more sense for warriors.

They could have stuck with their own narrative and stated that since Odynn cant send his warriors down to azeroth, we'll instead be bringing other warriors from azeroth to come to this great big castle in the sky to be trained and to do good deeds down below.

Not only would that allow multiple other races into the place, but, it would give more impact to say, a finale of the warrior campaign where you allow his Valajar to be freed and help in the demonic invasion alongside the warriors of azeroth.

Even better, it would require minimum tweeking to the storyline as far as we know for now.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

a finale of the warrior campaign where you allow his Valajar to be freed and help in the demonic invasion alongside the warriors of azeroth.
    The quest could involve forging some sort of Horn..to break the curse and signal the final battle against the legion.

The quest could involve forging some sort of Horn..to break the curse and signal the final battle against the legion.
    There is a "horn of ragnarok" already in the campaign. At least a horn to herald "ragnarok".

Damn shame we have to know about viking mythology to understand the campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally did the campaign stuff myself, going with the shield. Stopped after that since I want to save most stuff in legion for live.

But really, it all felt just rushed and none-nonsensical. We crash land with a bunch of Vrykul who sound like the sweedish chef, go nearly die, get spirited to a golden light castle, which is surprisingly small. The first NPC I talked to there kept insulting me. I talk to some big dude on a chair who surrounded me with light and then get sent back down to the broken isles to go to some lightning themed dungeon by a golem who I bet I'll never see again, to fight a vrykul I've never heard of for a weapon I've never heard of, which I'm somehow able to use despite being used by a guy thats twice my size, said Vrykul apparently went to the halls after I beat him, but he of course isnt there when I return. Through all this I have no idea what happened to Saurfang and its never even explained WHY I AM THERE. I'm just shoved into this place and expected to know all about it already.

Also it was a bit annoying that the big prot warrior king I'm fighting for the sword and board can bladestorm and do some awesome combo attack, while I cant. Also a bit annoying that, despite being the greatest warrior in azeroth, you arent allowed to duel him on your own. Nope. Gotta do it with your new golden golem friend.

Blizz has had some bad writing in this past, this takes the cake. It really does.

Deleted
    Just did the quest to get my artefacts and MY GOD it's bad.......... The Scandinavian accent that one Warrior has.... Only thing missing from that dialogue was him saying "knäckerbröd" in a thick Scandinavian accent...

Did little to no damage as fury with the starter gear making the experience very frustrating and it quickly got old... Didn't get any better after getting the artefact weapons... I posted in another thread that I kinda liked the rotation but I take it back... 3 second enrage window is just too short to do anything in.... Also rampage and then having to hit RB within the rampage window feels very rushed....

Played for about an hour in Stormheim but didn't enjoy a minute of it.....

This is the way it is because every Blizzcon there's people saying that they want more Vrykul. This is the price of that request.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Mike View Post
    This is the way it is because every Blizzcon there's people saying that they want more Vrykul. This is the price of that request.
    I have never once heard of this.

Deleted
    So I tried it out myself today (got a beta key through a giveaway) and I think I can safely say, that I will not be maining a warrior during Legion (provided that I will purchase it all).

The accent on the Vrykul leading the onslaught was hilarious. Also, why did we set out with Danath Trollbane (Alliance) to assist him when we eventually then just end up on the beach and charge into certain death with soldiers of another race/ faction we don't even know? Suddenly we're in Valhalla where only the dead may go, apart from us, we are the best warrior and are as such allowed to enter it in a living state - seriously? This is some cheap writing and doesn't make any sense at all...

it was a good idea of blizz to make the legion cooking trainer a Vrykul