Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Token Inflation hitting hard in the NA

Geez, not even Pre-Patch and the price is sky rocketing, wonder if this trend will continue until release, good thing I have over 100k gold >.>

14% increase just in the first 14 days of May. In April there was only about 1.5% increase, in March it was 6.5%, in Feb it was 5.5% and in Jan it was 6%. Wonder what is causing it.

Sooo...what's the price at?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    Wonder what is causing it.
    Is that a serious question? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Sooo...what's the price at?
    its at 47k

Deleted
    Similar development hit other servers ages ago. You are too late to even panic pointlessly in time. NA still has and most likely will always have the cheapest tokens so good luck getting sympathy.

And if you cant figure out what's causing it, I am unsure if explaining it will help.

7+ Year Old Account
    so 47k, for 1 month of play time, 20$ is "sky rocketing" i made 150k a week spending mabye half a hour.... so...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Right now there's nothing new to buy with gold (no slots left to fill with boe's, mounts and toys already bought), so few people are selling tokens.
    Meanwhile some people are buying tokens and resubbing because they think they'll get into the beta.
    Expect a big shake up when the prepatch/freegamewithmovieifithappens/legion drops, but the days of 15k tokens are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    its at 47k
    Lmfao, 86k in EU.

Its at 47k. I'd just like to point out that you must be thinking the market works in the opposite way it actually does. The reason it is so high is because there are less on the market. Once everyone comes back when prepatch hits, people start buying the tokens with money and flooding the ah with them the gold price will crash. Right now its a sellers market.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main frustration at Tokens is the amount of annoying assholes in trade that are constantly posting "LMAO THIS GAME IS SHIT" and when you say "Why are you playing then?" they respond with "I JUST BUY TOKENS BRO LOL SHIT GAME".

Since we currently have a large amount of insufferable dicks that only use their game time to bitch about the game, buying the tokens and driving the market up for people that actually want to play the game with Tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lmfao, 86k in EU.
    We have them Russians and their interesting view of the ToS , though.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    so 47k, for 1 month of play time, 20$ is "sky rocketing" i made 150k a week spending mabye half a hour.... so...
    These claims are getting better and better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YoFro View Post
    Its at 47k. I'd just like to point out that you must be thinking the market works in the opposite way it actually does. The reason it is so high is because there are less on the market. Once everyone comes back when prepatch hits, people start buying the tokens with money and flooding the ah with them the gold price will crash. Right now its a sellers market.
    correct, tons of players are just paying with gold, well little are selling them, making it go up in price

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    11 garrisons, open a char, click auto send, takes 15 seconds, do this every day on my chars, by the end of each month i open all my boxes on all my toons and vendor/AH its super easy dude :P took alot of time commitment but yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It takes me another week or two to get the gold I need for my tokens with the recent price hike. Ah well, I'm still already up to December.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have about 1.5m, game wasn't worth subbing when tokens hit 30k, haven't subbed since sometime last year =/

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Yeah, these "claims" have been made since garrisons existed. Amazingly, even with videos, graphs/tables/spreadsheets and other data, and explicit instructions on how, people still, after all these months and months, don't believe how easy it is to make gold with an army of alts and garrisons-for an extremely small amount of time logged daily (once they get set up).

Deleted
    Is this a joke? The token costs between 85-90k in europe atm. Go cry me a river.

People are stocking up on tokens because garrison gold missions are going away soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    We have them Russians and their interesting view of the ToS , though.
    I don't understand why Russians don't have their own servers. Its absolutely ridiculous. The UI doesnt recognise their russian names and even if it does, how do you read that? It's just like grouping europe with China. Theres a language barrier. Wish Blizzard would do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    So, you're saying you are making ~2k/day per char for a total of ~22k/week and 150k/week? Unless you have blingtron missions every single day, which does not happen. Nice try.