Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Listen, I was cautiously optomistic about this film but after having seen clips 1-3 my hopes have been dashed. I can't believe this. It looks like something from nickelodeon. The acting in all but the last scene with Ogrim and Durotan is abysmal. Who'd have thought that the cgi orcs would have more soul than the worthless human actors. What did they even turn Travis Fimmel into?

I'm really hoping the first 3 were just trolling because the last scene actually looks good.
    The real actors aren't that good and they look extremely out of place. Medivh with American accent hurts to listen to.
    They should've gone full CG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The clips are actually bad.

I mean, the movie will be entertaining, in particular for fans of the franchise, but it is very low quality. Some of the acting is bad (That chubby mustache dude which is supposed to be Khadgar?, the king is laughable, poor Travis Fimmel aswell... sigh, oh, and Garona is horrid lol, she's a green human, and a silly looking one at that), and everything Stormwind looks horrid... the sets, the cgi, it doesn't 'mesh' well with the rest.

I do like the orcs though, but it probably won't be enough :\
    Yeah everything but those you mentioned actually looks and acts pretty good.
    The guy who's Khadgar is really, really, really unfit for the role. It's the worst casting possible for the role. And as you say, Garona looks nothing like a half-orc. She's a human painted green. She looks terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    goddamit i brought some meat to salt it in this thread. there is so much salt. i can't imagine how salty would be irrational haters when the critics will praise that "cartoonish, video game, childish, stupid, cheesy" movie. dont commit suicide then plz.
    According to all those that have seen it, praise is not what you'll be seeing. Neither will they condem the movie. It's mediocre. Not bad, not good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The guy who's Khadgar is really, really, really unfit for the role. It's the worst casting possible for the role. And as you say, Garona looks nothing like a half-orc. She's a human painted green. She looks terrible.

Uncanny valley, here we come. Seriously, these orcs look like playstation 4 cgi characters. And don't get me started on those terrible animations/acting for khadgar...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    playstation 4 cgi
    What?

/10char

Deleted
    Truth be told, I F-in loved it.

Idk what you're on about OP.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Wait. How can they find the Orcs who are fully CGI believable but Garona somehow unbelievable? That doesn't sound like they hate her "make up" exactly.
    I really hope you aren't thinking what I think you are. Also, the reason for me loving the CGI orcs but the non CGI Garona is because I don't like the actor. She seems alright, not trying to judge before I've seen it but it feels weird to have it like this. Plus, I absolutely love the way the CGI orcs look, it feels like a missing opportunity to make Garona an actual actor rather than a CGI character.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I really hope you aren't thinking what I think you are. Also, the reason for me loving the CGI orcs but the non CGI Garona is because I don't like the actor. She seems alright, not trying to judge before I've seen it but it feels weird to have it like this. Plus, I absolutely love the way the CGI orcs look, it feels like a missing opportunity to make Garona an actual actor rather than a CGI character.
    Honestly, it's a shame they had to go with real humans at all, the CGI is much more interesting and unique.

Besides, Warcraft humans aren't supposed to be like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    -Snip-
    You do realize he was talking about in the movie right? She looks absolutely nothing like a half orc in the movie, literally just looks like a human painted green as Creamy Flames said. This is another reason why I'd much prefer a CGI orc for this role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Honestly, it's a shame they had to go with real humans at all, the CGI is much more interesting and unique.

Besides, Warcraft humans aren't supposed to be like us.
    Agreed. I love their cinematics and honestly without acting they could've easily grabbed amazing voice actors. The voice actors for Durotan and Orgrim are outstanding, I love the way they sound and the emotion/feeling in their voices is wonderful. The actors for both Khadgar and King Llane (I think that's Llane anyway, not sure) aren't great, it feels like they didn't take the movie seriously. Wish it was more cinematic like, would've been able to take it a tiny bit more seriously, but that's not to say the movie isn't good, I like it except for these flaws.

As others have stated, this isn't Lord of the Rings, the actors aren't excellent like the majority of the ones in that series. There would've been less room for mistakes if everyone was CGI.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-05-14 at 06:08 PM.

You do realize he was talking about in the movie right? She looks absolutely nothing like a half orc in the movie, literally just looks like a human painted green as Creamy Flames said. This is another reason why I'd much prefer a CGI orc for this role.
    I believe his point is that she's always looked like a green human, which is for the most part true. Still, they could have changed her in the movie, it's not like she doesn't have any CGI at all.

Agreed. I love their cinematics and honestly without acting they could've easily grabbed amazing voice actors. The voice actors for Durotan and Orgrim are outstanding, I love the way they sound and the emotion/feeling in their voices is wonderful. The actors for both Khadgar and King Llane (I think that's Llane anyway, not sure) aren't great, it feels like they didn't take the movie seriously. Wish it was more cinematic like, would've been able to take it a tiny bit more seriously, but that's not to say the movie isn't good, I like it.
    From what I've heard in the interviews, the actors for the orcs were shown their CG characters early on, and I think they got excited and as a result, upped their game. The humans only saw some sets and cartoony armor, which probably didn't help with any doubts they had in the film.

I believe his point is that she's always looked like a green human, which is for the most part true. Still, they could have changed her in the movie, it's not like she doesn't have any CGI at all.

From what I've heard in the interviews, the actors for the orcs were shown their CG characters early on, and I think they got excited and as a result, upped their game. The humans only saw some sets and cartoony armor, which probably didn't help with any doubts they had in the film.
    Ah, I thought he was talking about in the movie specifically. Either way he's right though, Garona "halforcen" (really dumb last name, seriously) as shown in WoD looks nothing like a half orc so I have to agree.

Makes sense, if I were acting and I was voicing those CGI orcs and saw them in action I'd be super pumped. As for the humans, yeah, the cartoony armor probably didn't help. I just would've preferred CGI humans, not really sure what they would look like and I can't say I would 100% like it better until I've seen it but having CGI instead of actual actors in my opinion would leave less room for mistake, or doubts about the movie resulting in poor acting.

Ah, I thought he was talking about in the movie specifically. Either way he's right though, Garona "halforcen" (really dumb last name, seriously) as shown in WoD looks nothing like a half orc so I have to agree.

Makes sense, if I were acting and I was voicing those CGI orcs and saw them in action I'd be super pumped. As for the humans, yeah, the cartoony armor probably didn't help. I just would've preferred CGI humans, not really sure what they would look like and I can't say I would 100% like it better until I've seen it but having CGI instead of actual actors in my opinion would leave less room for mistake, or doubts about the movie resulting in poor acting.

Oh true, forgot about that. I'm not really sure, honestly I feel like it would be way to cartoony if that's how they were made. I can see why they would want to go with actual actors over CGI, too much CGI would be too cartoony and not enough CGI would mean relying on actors for almost everything. Hard decision to make, but I can see why they want for actual actors.

Oh true, forgot about that. I'm not really sure, honestly I feel like it would be way to cartoony if that's how they were made. I can see why they would want to go with actual actors over CGI, too much CGI would be too cartoony and not enough CGI would mean relying on actors for almost everything. Hard decision to make, but I can see why they want for actual actors.
    That and purely CGI movies not doing great in box office, except for Pixar, which is a completely different thing.

Deleted
    Except the pictures are how Garona is supposed to look, a green "human". And she isn't painted, the green is CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Except the pictures are how Garona is supposed to look, a green "human". And she isn't painted, the green is CGI.
    Yeah, misunderstood. My bad. Also, I'd much rather her appearance be that of the pictures rather than what we have in the movie/in the game.

Deleted
    I don't like the actor
    That's biased. You are supposed to like the acting, not the actor. Of course, in some sense production could take that into account and say "people don't like this person at all regardless of acting".

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That's biased. You are supposed to like the acting, not the actor. Of course, in some sense production could take that into account and say "people don't like this person at all regardless of acting".
    I didn't mean it like that, I meant I don't like the actor in this movie. I've never heard of her before this. Honestly I don't think I'd like anyone as an actor for Garona, supposed to be half Orc half Draenei? She looked human I get that but in the comics and the pictures presented above unless all of those are head cannon don't look like the actor.

Deleted
    Pathetic kids like the OP is why the ''adaptation of games into movies'' usually dont work out.

Honestly all of the scenes were great maybe except the garona one.

How the scene with Medivh was trolling? Are u in Marvel's payroll for the upcoming X-Men apocalypse movie?You are pathetic

It is so frustrating to see (a part) of the community that should actually back up a film for a game we spent many years of our life, to try to find every bit of issue just to spread negativity.

But the worst part its not that the worst part is from the early screenings people have said movie look really great from both gamers and non-gamers perception,and we have 4 clips now that the 3 of them are really really good, and STILL still we get people that spread negativty and try to turn black into white.

What is the issue, people cant spend 15 dollars for a movie into game adaptation that we spent some of our greatest years?EVen though it might turn to be a great movie?Being JUdgemental about something u like like Warcraft is not something bad thats for sure, but TRYING so desperetly to make a movie look bad it is just sad really sad for a specific group of people
    Last edited by mmoc4c623bb916; 2016-05-14 at 08:26 PM.

1. Neither Durotan or Orgrim drank the demon blood.
    2. The Frostwolves weren't exiled because they didn't drink Mannoroth's blood, Durotan was exiled due to speaking out against Gul'dan and the most of the other Frostwolves followed.
    3. If anyone saw the leaked Comic Con footage last year, they are going to mention and show the demon blood (also spoiler, draenei appear at the beginning of the film)
    Orgrim was not a mindless brute, anyone who truly knows the lore knows he was honorable. He didn't want to kill any draenei and he know something was suspicious about the fel magic.
    5. Of course there's going to be changes, what adaptation doesn't.
    6. None of us (hopefully) have seen the entire movie and therefore we can't dictate what'll be in the movie or what won't.
    7. They're still polishing the cgi and it looks decent enough. The orcs look more realistic than the hulk in ths two Avengers movie looked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The majority of people who've seen the movie said it was really good.
    The majority of cherry picked fanboys.

There is no way in hell this will be the first successful movie adaptation of a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    All? No praise? I swear the majority of stuff I've seen from people that have actually seen the whole movie, not just a few clips like the idiots in this thread, have give it actual praise. Hell, someone linked a rating of like 8.9/10 earlier that was given to it. As arbitrary a number as 8.9 is, ofc.

So I'm unsure where you get this "all" from.

People on this website are just predisposed to dislike, or even outright hate, anything related to WoW and Blizzard. 99% of people whinging in this thread will still see it. Just because their inner fan will convince them to. And also because they won't be able to complain even more about it, ofc.

If it ends up shit, it ends up shit. If it ends up being amazing, it ends up being amazing.
    You honestly believe this movie is 8/10 for the majority of movie goers?

Blizzard has such an insane fanbase, everything they do is perfect to you.

Garona looks like she is a human painted green WTF.