Thread: Final Warnings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warpath2017 View Post
    New to this, how do I post a screenshot again?
    10 or more posts if I am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Then what is the purpose of this thread? You want our thoughts on it? We wish they'd have banned you far earlier and never let you back into the game to cheat people.
    Show me where the scammer hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I am beginning to think op is a troll, either that or he is just that much of an arschloch
    I don't know what that second thing is but it sounds like you are saying the OP is a locked arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Come on man, we're supposed to tell him it is okay and that scamming is just a minor infraction on the pyramid and not ban worthy! Otherwise we are taking the EVIL CORPORATIONS side and Anti-Scammer. Oh wait.
    Right but tbh there are other things, that are allowed, that are worse than scammers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    10 or more posts if I am not mistaken.
    No time for that. Would love to send it to you elsewhere.

No time for that. Would love to send it to you elsewhere.
    You have 15....

Scamming. Don't get me wrong, I know it's bad and I accept full responsibility, but their response seems totally unwarranted. There are people in-game who actively sell arena boosts or raid carries for real-world currency, or openly dupe and sell mounts and battle pets who have been active for years. Makes you wonder if these people just have ties in Blizzard to keep their accounts safe.
    Selling something (like a carry) is not exactly on the same level of scumbaggery as scamming someone.

On one end players are selling / getting a service and no ones getting hurt, blizzard just needs to cover their ass on the real money vs gold front. On the other end you're actively fucking people over which is ruining peoples experience with the game, which is on a completely different level.

Even when you're talking about duping this still doesn't negatively impact players anywhere near on the same level as scamming someone.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Point is when you got suspended you said you were scared to use chat channels again. Maybe don't be a racist in the future and you won't get suspended.

- - - Updated - - -

By a scammer....
    Which is what i'm doing, i'm not being racist, so i'm not getting suspended, not planning on being racist in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Which is what i'm doing, i'm not being racist, so i'm not getting suspended, not planning on being racist in the future.
    Good you have learnt your lesson and improved your behavior then.

I have to feel SOME sympathy for the op, I was banned before up to a final warning for cursing in trade chat,pp but scamming is different
    Like I said after 11 times I'm surprised his account isn't permanently banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Selling something (like a carry) is not exactly on the same level of scumbaggery as scamming someone.

On one end players are selling / getting a service and no ones getting hurt, blizzard just needs to cover their ass on the real money vs gold front. On the other end you're actively fucking people over which is ruining peoples experience with the game, which is on a completely different level.

Even when you're talking about duping this still doesn't negatively impact players anywhere near on the same level as scamming someone.
    They get their gold back 99% of the time of the transaction was logged in-game, or occasionally elsewhere. If Blizzard decides to delete a duped item you paid for from your inventory, you're out of luck.

Like I said after 11 times I'm surprised his account isn't permanently banned.
    You asked what I did and got an answer. Not really asking for a roast, but whatever is biting you tonight sure is itching to give one.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're saying scamming is okay because you most likely will get caught in the end and their gold is returned???
    No, I don't make fallacies like you. It's definitely not okay, but not as severe as what they were suggesting. Blizzard does protect against scams for services.

You asked what I did and got an answer. Not really asking for a roast, but whatever is biting you tonight sure is itching to give one.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I don't make fallacies like you. It's definitely not okay, but not as severe as what they were suggesting. Blizzard does protect against scams for services.
    Still waiting on your screenshot by the way.

Typing it isn't evidence. Providing a screenshot is as it is believable and concrete evidence.
    Because nobody ever faked a screenshot on the internet. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    Because nobody ever faked a screenshot on the internet. lol.
    It's close to more believable than word of mouth but yes you are correct it can likely be faked.

Scamming is wrong and In my own opinion should be bannable in all cases.

I'm one of the people who actively report scammers with lots of evidence and references. It doesn't matter for how much or what you're scamming the other player for. If u're scamming them for ingame gold, u're scamming them for that they worked hard to achieve and maybe their game time supply.

IRL you wouldn't tell a police officer "Oh but I only robbed 11 houses. It's not like I molested somebody. I should be let go."

So after all, If you scam someone in what they call their entertainment and what they might log in to quit their bullshit IRL problems, you deserve to be banned and not have access to that form of entertainment anymore.

Jesus at least warn me it's a Kardashian related video.

He hurt me deep mate... He hurt me really hard...
    Here have this to make you feel better.... CUTE RABBITS SOLVE EVERYTHING.

Deleted
    Still waiting on your screenshot by the way.
    I hope you don't have anything planned in your immediate or distant future, we're gonna be waiting a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Minti - Lightbringer View Post
    I hope you don't have anything planned in your immediate or distant future, we're gonna be waiting a while.
    Got work in about an hour... Sat here on GW2 atm just doing some stuff before I head off.