Page 1 of 3
LastLast

lol...So does speed dating is actualy a thing that works?

So while watching "12 Monkeys" I saw this scene where there is speed dating, I always thought that stuff was kind of a joke but then I looked around to see if there was any in my area and that thing is like highly accessible, yet I have never met anyone or heard anyone saying anything in real life about it, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with that, jus for my own entertainment and curiosity.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Seen it advertised, never heard anything about it. Expect its just something to burn money on.

Yes, quantity is usually more important then quality. The more people you meet the more likely you will meet someone with similar interests/will put up with you.
    "Well shit, ya'll have fun now"

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Seen it advertised, never heard anything about it. Expect its just something to burn money on.
    Well its only 25 bucks where I live, thats about the price of a date...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Yes, quantity is usually more important then quality. The more people you meet the more likely you will meet someone with similar interests/will put up with you.
    Yeah, this is actually how i feel as well. The "successful" type is usually someone who has a good crowd of friend and get to meet a lot of people, not necessarily because they are of high standard themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    It works, but dating websites with matching algorithms work better IMO.

Speed dating is the shotgun approach to finding someone like you - if you sit in front of enough of them, fast enough - you might encounter the one sooner. It's faster than going to a bar for finding a long term relationship. Dating websites just do it like... x1000.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Seems funny to do but I couldn't take it seriously, and I am way too shy for that...I'd probably just sit there and stare at each guy lol
    I've always preferred the whole online dating site thing, I met my guy on Plenty of Fish (POF) xD
    I like not being able to see someone in person first before I talk to them, just feels better that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    The problem is that you don't really have enough time to find out if you are a good match or not during a speed date.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It works, but dating websites with matching algorithms work better IMO.

Speed dating is the shotgun approach to finding someone like you - if you sit in front of enough of them, fast enough - you might encounter the one sooner. It's faster than going to a bar for finding a long term relationship. Dating websites just do it like... x1000.
    Are you a girl by any chance? Because on a dating website, most women wont even bother paying attention to you because they already got so many people sending them messages and tossing you away before seeing any of your real vibe. Speed dating (real life) at least allow them to see a much better version of you.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    Are you a girl by any chance? Because on a dating website, most women wont even bother paying attention to you because they already got so many people sending them messages and tossing you away before seeing any of your real vibe. Speed dating (real life) at least allow them to see a much better version of you.
    I met my current girlfriend on POF and I'm a man. Chemistry was pretty instant too. Been together four years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I met my current girlfriend on POF and I'm a man. Chemistry was pretty instant too. Been together four years now.
    Well my friend met his gf of 5 year on his 3rd try on craiglist, some people just win the lottery lol.

I haven't done speed dating or online dating but the appeal of speed dating for me I think would be the fact that, no matter how good someone sounds/looks on paper, it's all illusory until you actually meet the person and gauge chemistry.

Speed dating is like getting that first coffee date out of the way, in 1/100th of the time.

Isn't Tinder essentially e-speed dating?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    pfff lol, more like something you do while being bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Tinder is a joke.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    No, dating websites work for men too - just don't send them messages that begin, "y0 wh4t i5 up biznatch, y0u l00k f1ne, DTF?".
    Find someone you like / have things in common with, talk briefly about what you share in common, ask them to coffee.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never even tried it, but I've always wanted to...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The problem is perception in both cases. Women looking for a long-term relationship at a bar or a "speed dating" event are likely to be disappointed. Few, if any, men use those events in the hopes of finding a "life partner".
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-05-15 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Ayy lmao

Do people actually find long term companions from bars?
    Yes? Bars, work, other public places like the store... these are places you meet people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Ayy lmao

Do people actually find long term companions from bars?
    No of course not, everyone knows people have very similiar taste, that´s why bars only serve one kind of bavarage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

SHY part i see that a lot from your user name and profile pic xD