Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Your version of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...on_Competition is different than mine it seem.

"Derkaoui's winning cartoon differed from many of the runners-up, in that it did not deny the Holocaust; instead, it used the Holocaust to make a comparison between the actions of Nazi Germany and the current actions of the Israeli government."

Which implicitly states that several of the other competitors were anti-Semitic and/or holocaust-denying. But judge for yourself at:
    http://irancartoon.ir/news/archives/...1/post_586.php
    I might be mistaken but claiming that Faurisson was responsible for knocking down the myth of the gas-chambers is holocaust-denial.
    That wiki-link has over 500 page edits... The wiki talk portion, has its own wikipedia article explaining the edit war going on.

Its almost like a government employed people to wage edit wars on wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    That wiki-link has over 500 page edits... The wiki talk portion, has its own wikipedia article explaining the edit war going on.

Its almost like a government employed people to wage edit wars on wikipedia.
    "Almost"?

In many cases I believe that is literally what is happening (sometimes for both sides) - that's why it seemed better to look at the actual entries and judge myself.

Yeah, I think it's Iran's way for retaliating against all those Mohammad exhibitions in the West.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    They had better to stop stoning women for adultery and hang homosexuals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Your version of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...on_Competition is different than mine it seem.

"Derkaoui's winning cartoon differed from many of the runners-up, in that it did not deny the Holocaust; instead, it used the Holocaust to make a comparison between the actions of Nazi Germany and the current actions of the Israeli government."

Which implicitly states that several of the other competitors were anti-Semitic and/or holocaust-denying. But judge for yourself at:
    http://irancartoon.ir/news/archives/...1/post_586.php
    I might be mistaken but claiming that Faurisson was responsible for knocking down the myth of the gas-chambers is holocaust-denial.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Iran got its current name 'Land of the Aryans' during the time of the Nazis, and Nazi Germany were at least ok with that name-change.
    Iran was always called iran in their own language. What happened during reza shah era is that they asked the rest of the world to reffer to them as iran and not persia.

For instance think germany all of a sudden asks the world to call them "deutchland" instead of germany or alman. Because thats what they call their country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I support Israel.

Israel has contributed to the world with science, culture, history, technology, and is the only modern multiparty democracy in the middle East.

Palestinians (made up people) have contributed nothing to the world besides terrorism, and whining.

They should give them the whole Gaza strip, wall it off, and refuse to help them in any way.

No Israeli water, electricity, medical aid, food...nothing.

Let them fend for themselves.

Palestinians remind me of warhammer 40k orks
    They indeed should let them the Gaza strip. But allow them harbours and sea contacts, and collecting their own taxes too. Oh, and the West Bank.

And of course Palestine has not contributed to the world much... in the end they are a newer nation, their taxes are collected by Israel and they are not even allowed sea contact to other nations without authorization from Israel. You can't prosper in these conditions.

On the other hand, Israel is an old country that was disbanded/conquered etc and recently remade with support from many countries. Constant support, money pumped in etc. Of course they're prospering. Let's take another example, UAE, also a newish country but since they're rich, they are making a contribution somewhat to the world stage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yeah, I think it's Iran's way for retaliating against all those Mohammad exhibitions in the West.
    And I personally think this is good. They don't retaliate with weapons or bombs, but rather with the same coin, cartoons. That's a fair retaliation from my point of view, and not an escalation, so well done.

But some people around this thread show their double standards it seems, essentially confirming the fact that people disagree if they're attacked through cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    And I personally think this is good. They don't retaliate with weapons or bombs, but rather with the same coin, cartoons.
    If it ends there it is good, and preferable to other retaliations. But would have been better if at least some cartoonists could make fun cartoons.

I just hope the West doesn't use drones targeting the cartoonists :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Arabs are semites....
    Persians aren't Arabs, lol go tell an ethnic Persian living in Iran he's an Arab to his face.
    That won't end well.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Actually we're not being allowed to have nuclear weapons, the nuclear activities have been limited a lot.
    Also the main problem Iran has with Israel is their war with Palestine and what they're doing to Muslims every day. I'm not saying claiming Holocaust didn't happen is not stupid, but honestly don't you think Jews have become the Nazis? I mean they're killing human beings every day over some stupid lands, is that really all that different from what Hitler did to Jews?
    A lot different. They have not rounded up all Palestinians and put them in box cars, shipped them off to concentration camps and then gas them by the thousands each day.:P

Israel just needs to "not sponsor" more Mohammed-cartoon-drawing contests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    They draw things you don't like? Cry me a river....

How is it "preparing" for another Holocaust?

I don't think you know what that word means.

So we had economic sanctions on Iran for no reason then?
    You must really eat up the shit they spoonfeed you on CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I believe it was six quadrillion.
    tree fiddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    because that is mocking a fictional character, as opposed to mocking something in our history where 6 million jews were killed.
    also, because we don't worry about Americans starting to kill muslims, and we ARE worried about Iran deciding to attack Israel.
    Mohammed, even if you believe that religion is hogwash, was historical. The problem with people who do not have religious beliefs is they lack the frame of reference to understand their importance to others. To the pious, Jesus is not some fairy tale, and neither is Allah, even if you cannot or refuse to comprehend that.

However, both examples of these cartoons, and although extremely inflammatory to whichever person they were meant to offend, are just that. Cartoons.

Getting as pissed off as radical Islamists over things you find offensive only proves their point.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I support Israel.

Israel has contributed to the world with science, culture, history, technology, and is the only modern multiparty democracy in the middle East.

Palestinians (made up people) have contributed nothing to the world besides terrorism, and whining.

They should give them the whole Gaza strip, wall it off, and refuse to help them in any way.

No Israeli water, electricity, medical aid, food...nothing.

Let them fend for themselves.

Palestinians remind me of warhammer 40k orks
    Do you support the systematic oppression of innocent people? That's what the Israeli government does.

Deleted
    Looking at those pictures, I certainly ain't seeing much denial, I am seeing comparisons.

But I guess that comes down to who you side with.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    How is this any different from the Mohammed Cartoon Competition that happened in Texas a while back...?
    Good question, I wonder what makes this different from Hebdo in Paris...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Persians aren't Arabs, lol go tell an ethnic Persian living in Iran he's an Arab to his face.
    That won't end well.
    it will only end up with the Iranian telling you a big "NO" and then explaining, in broken english, that Iranians are not Arabs.

more than that is just your fantasy.

Dont think anyone will be butthurt enough to go on a murder spree killing innocent people for this, unlike when they draw mohammed.

What a waste of canvases, there is a shortage of that luxury good to paint the portraits of the thousands of Iranians that met their end in Syria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    You must really eat up the shit they spoonfeed you on CNN.
    Have anything substantial to add to the topic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    How is this any different from the Mohammed Cartoon Competition that happened in Texas a while back...?
    Jews don't blow themselves up over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Looking at those pictures, I certainly ain't seeing much denial, I am seeing comparisons.
    What do you see in this picture - which seems to be from the first exhibition: