Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno why this bothers me but surely as we call snow "snow" why do the orcs call it snow aswell? Wouldnt it make more sense for people from another world to give it another name? Always gets my goat when films do that and assume like for example that because we call Earth "Earth" that an alien race from 60 billion light years away refer to us as "Earth" aswell and not "Blargnarg Krishnu" or something....

I'm still super excited for the movie, but for me the worst part is the humans :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Dunno why this bothers me but surely as we call snow "snow" why do the orcs call it snow aswell? Wouldnt it make more sense for people from another world to give it another name? Always gets my goat when films do that and assume like for example that because we call Earth "Earth" that an alien race from 60 billion light years away refer to us as "Earth" aswell and not "Blargnarg Krishnu" or something....
    Yes, it would make perfect sense, they should be speaking Orcish, because you know, that's their fucking language... There is no reason any of them would know Common.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I for one, really hope a lot of people here don't go to the movie. The hate is very strong here - and I get the question from OP is why, but .. It's a fucking movie. Elitists/bads, whatever get to have their own opinion, but holy shit - why even post when it's paragraphs of just mindless anger, and just overal hate for something. If I see a post where people are just being jackass's I don't even remotely post unless it's a simple one sentence reply telling them they are incorrect, or some small rage/whatever. My point: just don't see the movie, and don't go and moan all movie because it's not the way you want it.

Deleted
    They are actually speaking orcish. It is a plot of the movie, as far as I know.

Shit like that is translated into our language so that it doesn't get confusing. It's implied that they're speaking orcish but, through cinematic magic, we're capable of understanding them. I thought that'd be obvious.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

So that's what bothered you and not the fact that you can understand what they are saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Shit like that is translated into our language so that it doesn't get confusing. It's implied that they're speaking orcish but, through cinematic magic, we're capable of understanding them. I thought that'd be obvious.
    Except the parts where the orcs and humans communicate with each other.... just speaking perfect common like it's nothing... let's not forget that they aren't even supposed to be allies at all.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-05-15 at 09:18 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Except the parts where the orcs and humans communicate with each other.... just speaking perfect common like it's nothing.
    Except they do explain how it's done. Without going into spoilers, it's magic.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I have seen that is encouraging is the casting. The orcs look good but the rest of the CGI is horribly overdone, there was no reason to do crap like CGI on armor instead of making real costumes. They are running into the same trap that got the Star Wars prequels, using CGI just to use CGI when it would have been much better looking just to make a damn suit of armor.

Then there are the lame plot changes... such as making Ogrimm a Frostwolf, having Dalaran flying already... not looking promising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    The only thing I have seen that is encouraging is the casting. The orcs look good but the rest of the CGI is horribly overdone, there was no reason to do crap like CGI on armor instead of making real costumes. They are running into the same trap that got the Star Wars prequels, using CGI just to use CGI when it would have been much better looking just to make a damn suit of armor.
    The armors were made by WETA, they aren't CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlink7 View Post
    Because a lot of WoW/Blizzard ''fans'' are salty assholes who get a massive kick from seeing things from the company crash and burn
    the truth is that a lot of us are angry and frustrated that the same company responsible for making some of the most amazing games we have ever played like diablo 1 and 2, starcraft, and warcraft has turned into soulless cash grab inc.. I would love to see the level of quality of immersion we used to experience but its been disappointment after disappointment for years now and it feels like our loyalty has been spit on while they take our money and laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The armors were made by WETA, they aren't CGI.

Curse of internet, everyone gets to express his/her opinion, even those who shouldn't! You heard him, CGI armor!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    the truth is that a lot of us are angry and frustrated that the same company responsible for making some of the most amazing games we have ever played like diablo 1 and 2, starcraft, and warcraft has turned into soulless cash grab inc.. I would love to see the level of quality of immersion we used to experience but its been disappointment after disappointment for years now and it feels like our loyalty has been spit on while they take our money and laugh.
    You friend, can move on? So you live, not to play but to trash? Their games might be sh..t now we do have a choice! We don't have to play!

7+ Year Old Account
    Why?

Because video game movie. Therefore crap.

Peanut-filled rancid diarrhea from a leprous skunk who just took a dump after eating a pile of old sweat socks, to be more precise.

I have never, not once, seen a video game movie that didn't piss me off that I wasted time out of my life to watch it.

1. CGI Heavy type of movie. These usually require a lot to be worthwhile.
    2.1 Game-based Movies usually flop.
    2.2 Usually, on these type of movies, no one gives 100%.
    3. Some of it seems very cringey.
    4. It deviating from Warcraft Lore kinda puts off some Warcraft-fans away from it.

Just out of the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    They are actually speaking orcish. It is a plot of the movie, as far as I know.
    Honestly it would feel better if they actually spoke in orcish but with subtitles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Why?

Because video game movie. Therefore crap.

Peanut-filled rancid diarrhea from a leprous skunk who just took a dump after eating a pile of old sweat socks, to be more precise.

I have never, not once, seen a video game movie that didn't piss me off that I wasted time out of my life to watch it.
    I dont know if i completely agree with the conclusion but i love the description

Deleted
    Cause it will tank harder as BvS

The CGI looks really bad. Ragnar looks so muted and janky as Lothar. Actually, seeing him as Lothar has me not wanting to watch Vikings.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Low expectations are better to hold, you won't be disappointed but you might be pleasantly surprised. The trailers are really not helping my perception of it, because they look terrible. Is the movie going to be terrible? I don't know, I just find the trailers to be extremely off-putting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.