Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I don't know if thats meant to be an insult, I've watched Yeovil when they were in the league below the conference, being crap has been our moto. We had 6000+ fans at our Championship games, we never belonged there, playing the likes of Wednesday was always a fantasy for Yeovil fans of my generation.
    bully for you. i went to see them at villa park in the fa trophy final many years ago.
    been to a few non league games myself when my brother was a steward at the time, hence the trophy final.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like last year, this thread will stay open until the final of the CL, EL and National Cups have been played (cba checking which is last, I guess CL? :P), it'll then be closed and the "Summer Football and Transfer Thread 2016" will be opened. Just a reminder, we do have a Euro 2016 thread already.

It's been a pleasure discussing football with you all this season, and what a strange weird season it has been! Bring on 2016/2017!
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2016-05-15 at 08:41 PM.

We already have most of the champions for the top leagues, only Russia left, really.

Barcelona
    Bayern Munich
    Leicester
    Juventus
    Benfica
    PSG
    Russia: TBD
    Dynamo_Kyiv
    Club Brugge
    PSV
    Besiktas
    Basel
    Viktoria Plzeň
    Olympiacos

CL, EL and National Cups finals left. Then Euro 2016!

Deleted
    Lol Spurs, that's one way to end season

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the device found at Old Trafford was a "training device" accidently left behind by a "private company" who obviously train how to handle these sort of situations... how embarrassing for them :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it acceptable to make Spurs choke comments now then?

Deleted
    Only Spurs could finish 3rd in a TWO HORSE RACE.

Maybe Harry Kane was tired from an all nighter romp with his sister?

Also nice to see Giroud get a hat trick. Now Arsenal have an excuse not to buy a striker again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Provisional England Euro 26.

Will get trimmed down before the tournament.
    Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Tom Heaton.

Defenders: Nathaniel Clyne, Kyle Walker, Gary Cahill, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Ryan Bertrand, Danny Rose.

Midfielders: Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Eric Dier, Danny Drinkwater, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere.

Strikers: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Jamie Vardy.

The omission of Carrick is interesting, otherwise I can't argue with that selection list.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Carroll either. He has been pretty good and he seems to be the perfect sub as he can change the game quite abit for England if thats needed.

Deleted
    Well Tom heaton can be cut (fuck 3 keepers take Hart and Forster) obviously made the squad since butland is dead but Ruddy > heaton anyway.

Cahill is a waste of time, plenty of other center backs performing better (aka Scott Dann, Cresswell) Clyne and Stones are a worry.

Delph, Henderson, Lallana, Sterling and Wilshere are unispiring picks. Might let Lallana and Wilshere slide but again smaller teams with better players are overlooked. Noble would do some damage in the england midfield.

And fuck Sturridge. Throw Defoe another bone, hes tearing it up atm.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2016-05-16 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Well Tom heaton can be cut (fuck 3 keepers take Hart and Forster) obviously made the squad since butland is dead but Ruddy > heaton anyway.

Cahill is a waste of time, plenty of other center backs performing better (aka Scott Dann, Cresswell) Clyne and Stones are a worry.

Delph, Henderson, Lallana, Sterling and Wilshere are unispiring picks. Might let Lallana and Wilshere slide but again smaller teams with better players are overlooked. Noble would do some damage in the england midfield.

Agree with this.

A terrible selection of favourites. What does Wilshere have on Roy?

Deleted
    Does it really matter who England take?

They'll still not be able to score from 12yds out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Does it really matter who England take?

They'll still not be able to score from 12yds out.
    True, still think they should give Bobby Charlton and Lineker a cap, can't have Roonster as the top goalscorer. Might as well have a laugh.

Anyone going to the Euros? My pals are trying to get me to bunk work for a week and roadtrip to Marseille. Very tempting.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2016-05-16 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted

That actually looks pretty good. No Rooney though, so it'll never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post

That actually looks pretty good. No Rooney though, so it'll never happen.
    Wilshere's best position is behind the strikers.

A fit Wilshere causes havoc in and around the opposition box, unfortunately a fit Wilshere is as rare as rocking horse shit.

Deleted
    Going to Republic vs Sweden in the Stade de France on the 13th.

(Will be in the away end with Slenderwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Going to Republic vs Sweden in the Stade de France on the 13th.

(Will be in the away end with Slenderwoman)
    Irish for a day then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    Irish for a day then
    NORMALLY I'd cheer for you guys (Celtic cousins etc)

So I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

Three goalkeepers is mandatory for international tournaments:
    http://www.totalsportek.com/football/euro-2016-squads/

In 2010 the North Korean's tried to get round the rules by naming a striker as their 3rd choice goalie. FIFA told them he could only be fielded in goal.

I know he's barely played this season but as some Arsenal fans keep reminding me, Wilshere did get 6 MotM awards in 7 qualifying games - If he's fit he's got to go, surely?