Thread: [TV] Mr. Robot

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Any idea why she speaks Danish to her husband, but he speaks Swedish to her? Is it on purpose?
    It's probably the languages the actors are comfortable with. Most american viewers can't tell the difference.

I think there are enough cues to dismantle the Elliot = Tyrell angle. I've grown really interested in Tyrell's wife deal tho.
    I think they're going for the "what happened in these 3 days" as season 2 first arc, and the aftermath - maybe a possibility that there is a key to decrypt the data somewhere and Tyrell/Whiterose will use it?
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2015-09-07 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    maybe a possibility that there is a key to decrypt the data somewhere
    i could see Tyrell using such a key to get back in at the top of Evil Corp!

good theory
    Hi

Some fun facts: I noticed he said the data was encrypted in AES 256 in the finale, some insight into the strength of this type of encryption:

https://www.reddit.com/r/theydidthem...orce_a_aes256/

I think we'll see "finding the key" angle for season 2 and onwards. Maybe Price has Tyrell (based on information from Gideon about the server happening), and "Mr. Robot" knows the 256-bit key.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2015-09-07 at 09:27 AM.

Does anyone know what Tyrells wife said to Elliot in danish? It wasnt subtitled on my version. Also on the beginning of the episode there was "previously in.." where darlene hid the weapon in the popcorn machine and it wasnt mentioned in the episode at all after that, so I'd figure either she or elliot shot Tyrell. Most likely Darlene

"If you did something to him, I'll kill you"
    They didn't subtitle it cause we're seeing Elliot's perspective, and he doesn't know danish/swedish - or at least not this personality. I initially thought she was testing him.

Tyrell being dead would be so simple, predictable and boring tho.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2015-09-07 at 09:39 AM.

Just binged the first season and wow, I like it. Bit of Fight Club, bit of Taxi Driver and finally a show that takes computers and technology seriously and doesn't just make up a whole load of shit to push on stupid people (some of it is still fucked, but it's really obscure stuff).
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    So any definitive theories on the ending? I think we can cross out the theory that Elliot is Tyrell, the secretary told Elliot that Tyrell had been fired.

Also:

I'm pretty sure the meltdown was planned by the heads of E-Corp (or at least the upper echelons of maybe other worldwide conglomerates) and Elliot was used to do the hack.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2015-09-11 at 11:57 AM.

Finally watched this show after listening praises for a couple of weeks. Ended up enjoying it so much that i watched all the episodes in one day. Am i the only one though who isn't a huge fan of the "It was all in my head all along!" ending? I'm definitely looking forward to season 2, but the ending left me kinda meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Finally watched this show after listening praises for a couple of weeks. Ended up enjoying it so much that i watched all the episodes in one day. Am i the only one though who isn't a huge fan of the "It was all in my head all along!" ending? I'm definitely looking forward to season 2, but the ending left me kinda meh.
    it wasnt though, the crowd elliot saw was in his head but thats about it other than his dad/mr robot. who wasnt in his head it was just elliot being schizo and not realizing what hes been doing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I finally finished Mr Robot. I had stopped watching it after Shana died, and put it on hold for later. Well the time finally came, gosh tons of other shows i need catch up on, including Fallen Skies, Walking Dead, etc etc

I never saw the twist coming - episode 9 was a whole loada shock, starting with Dana, and i like they didn't give you 1 week to figure it out, then the dad, then finally Mr Robot - it was THE episode to watch of the series.

Episode 10 just set up season 2 nicely, by introducing a new mystery, who knocked on the door that he opened? what is the hand White Snow/swan plays in all this? and CEO knows? but how? "We're taking care of it...the usual way"? - the door? [attack?/job offer?]

well I doubt season 2 can be quite like season 1, but you need a powerful first season to launch a series of mediocre seasons that tell the aftershock and uncover every nuance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    or when mr robot talks elliot is the one talking as we saw in the finale when the guy punched mr robot and elliot got the black eye
    this is exactly it.. ever instance this happens in public I think that's the precedence - all those detox scene seems a bit throw off, you'd have to watch again the whole thing and see if it all fits with the new knowledge.. but spoilers on episode 9 could ruin the strongest ace the show has...so hope no one over reads it.

just like we're overreading everything that happens in wow thanks to the leaks

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    So any definitive theories on the ending? I think we can cross out the theory that Elliot is Tyrell, the secretary told Elliot that Tyrell had been fired.
    Nothing definitive from me, except to point out the potential flaw in your otherwise solid logic. if elliot = tyrell, then the secretary (and her reaction) could simply have been a medium his mind used to connect him to information he already knew. such as tyrell & his father speaking in the car. Personally, I'm not all that fond of Elliot = Tyrell, but there's too many scenes that play out like Elliot = Father to me to ignore.

season 2 looks good.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Wwoooooooooooohhhhhoooooooooooo!

Can't wait for this show. Easily my favourite show of last year, can't wait to see what they do this time.

The problem is... With SUCH a great first season, with such amazing twists. Will they be able to equal, let alone improve on season 1?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Man, I loved the first season of this show. Hopefully they keep up the pace. I don't know how Eliot knowing his father is a delusion of his will work, but the show was already ridiculously smart and well-written, so yay.

Yeah let's hope this is not True Detective all over again, with an amazing first season then a wildly vague season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Yeah let's hope this is not True Detective all over again, with an amazing first season then a wildly vague season 2.
    easily my most anticipated show of the summer

10+ Year Old Account
    The giant misstep of the final episode left a sour taste in my mouth. The rest of the season was a brilliant slow burn that was a joy to watch though. Lets hope they course correct in season 2.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for the 2nd season of Fight Club!!! Ok after that snarky remark I will get to the fact that I really do love this show.

I am hoping that start to bring in current events. There were times in the first few episodes were I felt like everything was moving at a nice pace, but the whole fight club twist I saw halfway through the season and was kind of disappointed.

Rami Malek is incredible!!!
    Conan! What is best in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.