Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I can attest to it being a solid monitor, come aftermarket 1080's I might run 3 if money allows at the time. When I first got mine it had a dead pixel unfortunately but Dell's warranty was top notch they sent the replacement monitor first then I sent the dead pixel one back after.

Deleted
    I am essentially waiting for a higher refresh rate variant to the samsung monitor using either freesync or gsync, I have a VA panel TV and the contrast is just loads better then IPS and decent enough viewing angles, aiming to get such type of monitor once I do a GPU upgrade, this depends if I want to wait on the uber cards from either camp later this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to have $800 to get the optimal image quality, many monitors 2/3 that price or even less achieve the same or near same quality.

Dell does not even make it's own panels, so whatever panel you have there you have in other monitors which will most likely be cheaper, because Dell takes a premium for their stuff.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You don't have to have $800 to get the optimal image quality, many monitors 2/3 that price or even less achieve the same or near same quality.

Dell does not even make it's own panels, so whatever panel you have there you have in other monitors which will most likely be cheaper, because Dell takes a premium for their stuff.
    Someone who doesn't even know what 3440x1440 is, obviously.

Much less what a 34" monitor is like to game on.

Yeah, a $150 monitor will give you the same experience! Sure!

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Someone who doesn't even know what 3440x1440 is, obviously.

Much less what a 34" monitor is like to game on.

Yeah, a $150 monitor will give you the same experience! Sure!

Get off your high horse, cupcake. 2/3rd of $800 is $533.3, or did they not teach you math at the troll school you attended?

If you think you can't buy a good monitor for $500, then you probably weren't following news very closely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Get off your high horse, cupcake. 2/3rd of $800 is $533.3, or did they not teach you math at the troll school you attended?

If you think you can't buy a good monitor for $500, then you probably weren't following news very closely.
    Exaggerations buddy, also, it's late.

Regardless, he wants a 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor experience.

You won't be getting the same for $500. Period. Especially with the "less" you mentioned.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    phoaw, that's a beast. sexy.
    I have Dell U2412M (IPS ) and I am still holding back on upgrading because I love 16:10 so much that I just can't get over it just yet. People keep banging on about how awesome wide is, but 16:9 just loses too much at the bottom for me. Using the PC for both gaming and work.

That said, I have 3 monitors connected to mine (2xPC and 1TV) so I worry that with new big monitors I'll exceed the supported resolution. Anyone else here with TVs hooked up to their PCs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do I find a 3840x2400 16:10 monitor? Nowhere right? That's sad.

If I could at least find affordable non professional 2560x1600 ones that would already be a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Where do I find a 3840x2400 16:10 monitor? Nowhere right? That's sad.

If I could at least find affordable non professional 2560x1600 ones that would already be a thing...
    You can look for http://www.iiyama-monitors.co.uk/pro...070WQS-B1.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by siren View Post
    Currently running two of those monitors with a 760 and working great. (yes, I loved the first one so much I had to get another)
    2000 usd in monitors and a 250 usd video card

- - - Updated - - -

Exaggerations buddy, also, it's late.

Regardless, he wants a 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor experience.

You won't be getting the same for $500. Period. Especially with the "less" you mentioned.
    Are you sure about that? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-B340...item4afbf14aaa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    It would help me if Iiyama actually existed here in Brazil. And the brands that sell here, all the big ones, tend to have extremely limited choices on monitors...
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    2000 usd in monitors and a 250 usd video card
    Sometimes I hook-up my Laptop that has a 740M at a 6K USD Plasma Television, what's your point exactly?
    Why exactly are you linking a 1000:1 contrast ratio IPS monitor and comparing it to that VA one anyway? Also dealing with Korean B grade panels is a lottery. Like... If someone wants a 3440x1440 monitor no matter what and wants to go with the "budget" option then sure.

Honestly? Monitors are bound not to look perfect because LCD itself is bound to give you image problems.

What are LCD's weaknesses? Shit viewing angles, shit black levels, shit motion resolution, shit pixel response time.

What IPS tries to improve? Viewing angles, but still worse than anything else that isn't LCD.

What VA tries to improve? Black levels, but again still worse than anything else that isn't LCD (and maybe projectors, I'm not really sure if a projector at the same price point is good enough to make inky blacks. Probably not, I find the ones used in cinema rooms bad...)

What they are still all bad at unless you do some gimmicks that you don't want to do because they increase your input lag? Motion resolution. You could do BFI to fix the problem but that literally doubles your input lag.

You could argue that the worse viewing angles of VAs is bad at monitors of this size (34" 21:9), but they're freaking curved for this reason. The most obvious element to a picture is contrast, the panel technology that makes it less bad at LCD is VA and that's why all the expensive LCD TVs that go at way higher price bracket than those monitors are all VA televisions.

The 34" 790C might not be jaw-dropping but it's still a league or two above this Microboard one.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2016-05-17 at 02:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Psstttt Art, get sony to release CLED.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Psstttt Art, get sony to release CLED.
    They're apparently busy planning on their PlayStation 4.5 release...

10+ Year Old Account
    Different division, no excuses!
    /grumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    It would help me if Iiyama actually existed here in Brazil. And the brands that sell here, all the big ones, tend to have extremely limited choices on monitors...

Sometimes I hook-up my Laptop that has a 740M at a 6K USD Plasma Television, what's your point exactly?

Why exactly are you linking a 1000:1 contrast ratio IPS monitor and comparing it to that VA one anyway? Also dealing with Korean B grade panels is a lottery. Like... If someone wants a 3440x1440 monitor no matter what and wants to go with the "budget" option then sure.

Honestly? Monitors are bound not to look perfect because LCD itself is bound to give you image problems.

What are LCD's weaknesses? Shit viewing angles, shit black levels, shit motion resolution, shit pixel response time.

What IPS tries to improve? Viewing angles, but still worse than anything else that isn't LCD.

What VA tries to improve? Black levels, but again still worse than anything else that isn't LCD (and maybe projectors, I'm not really sure if a projector at the same price point is good enough to make inky blacks. Probably not, I find the ones used in cinema rooms bad...)

What they are still all bad at unless you do some gimmicks that you don't want to do because they increase your input lag? Motion resolution. You could do BFI to fix the problem but that literally doubles your input lag.

You could argue that the worse viewing angles of VAs is bad at monitors of this size (34" 21:9), but they're freaking curved for this reason. The most obvious element to a picture is contrast, the panel technology that makes it less bad at LCD is VA and that's why all the expensive LCD TVs that go at way higher price bracket than those monitors are all VA televisions.

The 34" 790C might not be jaw-dropping but it's still a league or two above this Microboard one.
    Can't say that for sure without knowing which panel the korean monitor has. I have a korean monitor that uses the same exact panel as a more expense name brand model. It's exactly the same quality minus a few hundred dollars and I get more inputs with a remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    If you own a powerful PC, why ruin it with a rubbish display? the display is as important as a powerful GPU, you are looking at it at all times.
    Well this is the perfect statement to scare off anyone from pc gaming. Sure PC gaming cost inflation isn't a real thing...why not spring for the 24k gold mouse and matching keyboard while you're at it
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say that for sure without knowing which panel the korean monitor has. I have a korean monitor that uses the same exact panel as a more expense name brand model. It's exactly the same quality minus a few hundred dollars and I get more inputs with a remote.
    It's B grade for a reason dude.
    "A flower.

It's B grade for a reason dude.
    I don't have blacklight bleed or stuck pixels. Really nothing visual that sticks out like a major flaw. So I wouldn't rate is as a B. You can get a panel with stuck pixel that was rated as A-. I was lucky I guess and won the lotto?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-05-17 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have blacklight bleed or stuck pixels. Really nothing visual that sticks out like a major flaw. So I wouldn't rate is as a B. You can get a panel with stuck pixel that was rated as A-. I was lucky I guess and won the lotto?
    That's very nice for you.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it definitely isn't the same quality I can guarantee you that.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/..._universal.htm
    This is the kind of crap you get.
    The panel is only one of many things of a monitor. The controller, backlight controller, build quality, factory set up, backlight bleed, uniformity, etc, are all part of a monitor, not just the panel.

Just cause it has X panel means jack squat if everything else backing it up is crap. I have said this before and it sounds weird coming from someone that absolutely loves monitor tech, but the panel model is the last thing that you should worry about.