Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Gold Rollback...

Not sure if this 100 percent accurate. Take this with a grain of salt, but there has been this huge gold inflation with Warlords of Draenor. Players making thousands to millions with alts preparing for Legion. I read somewhere the joke is going to be on the players because Blizzard is going to implement a Gold rollback when the game is released so that everyone starts at 0.0.0.

Its 100% lie. Whoever told you that is messing with you.

The question is not if its a lie. What if its true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    they can't take away gold from players who have earnt it.
    Hi

Would make selling a mount for 2 million gold all the more rage inducing for some players.

How can you even think that they'll do something like that.

it is not.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I understand that, but I wouldn't rule it out. They have removed mounts, legendary's, Reputations, PVP Ranking etc.

My brothers friends girlfriends uncles friend is a neighbour with a wow dev and he confirmed that to me!

Deleted
    Well it would definitely be unfair for those players with millions of gold. I wouldn't mind it as much since I have 50k gold spread over all my characters ( I know its pathetic .)

I ran into this priest yesterday who paid me 400g per skirmish win. When I asked him why he said that he wanted honor for some transmog pieces and he needed a decent pvp player to achieve that. Well it was an easy 12k gold for 60 minutes worth of time. Its not a shitload of gold but the fact that he can throw it around even though with 1.5x the effort he would have gotten it for free just shows how meaningless gold has become for some people during this expansion.

I hated the garrison concept from day one and stayed away from mine but when I look back on it I should have spend those 20 minutes a day in my garrisons to earn some gold as well.

I understand that, but I wouldn't rule it out. They have removed mounts, legendary's, Reputations, PVP Ranking etc.
    You can safely rule it out.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone's been huffing a lot of paint.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sure they have, but that has been to keep those items a rarity, since only those who got them during the content now has them.

Removing gold, which they indirectly sell for real money through the WoW Token, would be an invitation for mass protests and lawsuits.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

I´d say zero chance for that to happen. Blizz would alienate all their players by deleting their "hard" earned gold. Even those only having aquired 50k would be offended by such a move. Not to talk about ah goblins that invested much time into aquiring millions. And even garrisons didn´t give you money for nothing. They cost time. It was little time and no hassle but nevertheless it took time every day to gain money from it. Which is why not everyone is a millionaire at the moment.

Blizzard is NOT going to commit the in-game equivalent of economic suicide. If they somehow did think that was a good thing, what would happen is that scarcity would empower gold farmers (whom Blizzard is still trying to thwart at every opportunity), and prices would actually skyrocket, not plummet. Furthermore, such a decision would be doubly bad for the game as a whole because they wouldn't be changing the cost of goods-in game, just resetting everyone's gold to 0. You can't equate removing mounts/legendaries/etc. to a massive gold wipe, nor could you equate it to resetting/eliminating things like honor points, conquest points, etc. In those cases, it was done either a) because new expansions made those raids/dungeons/achievements so easy to obtain that keeping the mount or other rewards in-game would be insulting to those players who had to work for hours and hours to earn those drops, and the PvP/honor/etc. resets are done at the beginning of each season/xpac to start everyone out on equal footing. Having a lot of gold doesn't really grant you an advantage in terms of completing quests or raids, it just gives you the ability to shell out a lot of virtual money for a virtual good(s) that will probably be irrelevant in 6 months anyways.

no way this would go ive been earning gold since wrath and im almost at 2 mill i really cant see this happening

Deleted
    if they where to announce this, then people would simply stock up on high value items, Mounts, transmog items, max level pets, etc, for sale at a later date once the gold starts flowing again so the Super-Rich would stay super rich. The rich would stay rich, and the poor would stay poor.

I am pretty sure that they have also stated in the past that they would not interfere with the economy, and the removal of everyones gold is interefering with the economy on a massive scale, also why, if they where going to do this would they up the cap to 10m (-1c) ?

Hahahaha. Oh my God. I cannot possibly think of a way Blizzad could possibly make their entire playerbase quit the game. We'd go from 8mil players on Legion pre-launch hype to less than 100k. Not even being hyperbolic.

Deleted
    Jaylock... is that you ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously troll, you're not even trying this time. The trolls are losing their touch it seems.