Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    WoD is horrible, but still not as bad as MoP.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only care about raids, dungeons and to a lesser extent the leveling experience.

It goes against the grain of most posters, but to me my least favorite time in WoW was WoTLK based on my criteria. The dungeons weren't challenging, the leveling experience aside from the first time was awful, and the the raids were a series of peaks and valleys (meaning half of them were awful with the other half being great, pretty easy to tell which ones).

Although there physically wasn't that much content in WoD, it across the board had better and more challenging dungeon content (challenge modes being a thing helps), a better leveling experience (had fun leveling several characters) and better raid content. While none of it's raids are in my top 3, it doesn't have any duds like WoTLk in regards to rehashed Naxxaramas (void of any challenge) nor did it have ToGC.

From a raiding perspective only, MoP was probably their best expansion. Didn't care for the leveling, nor the dungeons (aside from CMs) though.

WoD is the best expansion because it's increased the amount of gold I have tenfold with close to zero effort on my part.

For me personally, WoD have been the least fun of all expansions, and I´ve played them all. Hopefully Legion can turn things around, im positive.

Deleted
    yeah.. probably. Mythic raiding was great and challenging but everything else sucked donkey balls (except leveling in shadowmoon valley).

I would say yes. There was a lot of things that could have been done better.

Garrisons - They essentially turned into a facebook game. In the beginning leveling up a toon, I had a reason to go back there during my leveling and continue my work orders. I ran into the garrison resource wall a few times and it actually felt fine. It was a way of gating the content. The problem is after you passed that gate and had your followers basically leveled/geared, garrison resources were so marginalized that I don't even get the full 500 every time it's up. It's just fodder for my weekly seals on all my toons.

Shipyards - Were a terrible idea. I don't mind going out and farming oil for my toons as it's fairly easy. The problem is It got to the point I could stockpile so much oil that I haven't needed to go get anymore in months. It didn't prompt any choice in the missions I could send out and I was only limited by the size of my fleet rather than my oil. That didn't feel right.

Raids - The 3 raids we had were great. I loved the choice system in BRF and HFC (sort of) and felt it kept the content a bit longer. However only 2 tiers kinda sucked.

Tanaan/Dailies - Tanaan should have been released at launch, or in 6.1. They could have done a lot more in enhance the story and being able to battle all the stuff coming from HFC before we could do HFC would be nice, IMO it would have made HFC a bit more epic.

Dungeons - New dungeons are nice, even the rebuilt ones are good. CM's were legitimately hard unless you were gaming it, and was a great source of gear early on before HM released. Mythic dungeons were also a nice addition although I wish there was more incentive than just valor to run them. We could have used more of them.

PvP - Felt like CC to win, which is nothing new (even in legion). Not a fan of 2's or even 3's. BG's were ok for the most part, but having to blacklist the especially bad ones and I'm not the only one doing so means that blizzard should probably revisit the issue.

Ashran - I actually thought it was pretty cool, but the first time I did it I was so confused at what was going on. I had no idea what objectives were what and I had to spend a couple of hours doing research to get a good grasp on everything. I think they could have done a better job explaining how it works rather than send me on "scouting" quests to figure stuff out and ignore the fighting going on.

Non Raid content - There should have been more. I'm not exactly sure what else we could have used, but overall everything else felt meaningless in comparison to raiding.

Deleted
    WoD sucks yeah, if blizzard went back to the 5.2 era of giving you shit to do everyday in 2013, I'd be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least we still have reason to log in and collect massive amounts of gold. During the Cata content drought there was *actually* nothing to do except PvP and farm rare mounts.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Cata disappointed me, WoD ANGERED me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have said, the only other expansion that is seriously in the running with WoD is Cata and Cata has a lot more features (some of which are absolutely vital now like Transmog) that it added to the game. Sure, the execution of it all was severely lacking, but its legacy lives on today. WoD's legacy will basically be new Race Models and Mobile game-like follower missions (which are meh, but are fine so long as they aren't the primary content). Yeah, WoD definitely can hold this L.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it was. I thought Cataclysm was bad at the time, but there were still things to do and people to play with; that's changed in WoD.

Honestly Dreanor burnt out quick first month I was so busy all over the place had no time to sit and enjoy the xpac, so busy with 4-5 toons garrisons, pvp, raiding, farming mounts. Too much content felt front loaded needs to string it out a bit more I think.
    Garrisons were badly done too little interaction log in log out repeat every day just felt boring... doesn't feel like what wow should be like. I'm hoping they fix that come Legion for everything to make more sense in general not so much uhh... brainless farming I guess. I feel like i'm never really "playing" when ever I log in.
    Also pvp just felt bad so hard to find people to do rbgs/areans on my dead realm... same with raiding. Garrisons removed people from "playing" used to sit in stormwind or goldshire and just talk to people, same in trade chat. Player interaction got killed in dreanor with garrisons.

But to summarize it just feels like a phone game log in for 5 minutes clicky clicky log out repeat daily.

I was very dissapointed. Mainly because of the joke called "story" in it. I personaly dont care about endgame or loot or stuff. Yes, garrisons was boring but I didnt even do it. Im a warcraft lore fan and I want to get entertained in terms of lore. After Tanaan Jungle I was "yesss, this is it, Grom and the warlords gonna hunt us all across the questing zones - EPIC story!" - what came out was a big dissapointment. I havnt seen Grom or most of the warlords again in whole leveling process (remember like Arthas showed over and over in wotlk? And then I suddenly got a quest to kill Garrosh out of nowhere. Yawn... for me, most boring expansion ever. Thumbs up for better story in Legion.

WoD has several catastrophic features, like Garrisons and Ashran and making professions obsolete.
    On top of that the 5man dungeons were useless, we got no new battlegrounds and outdoor content was awful.

Plus the developers abandoned their expansion extremely early in the development.
    So pretty much nothing got fixed or improved... the developers simply ran away from the bad product they made.

Luckily Legion might be an example of a fun expansion, but only time will tell.

Deleted
    Cata did a lot of things wrong and some right, but at least it did them:
    - first raid tier was amazing
    - 3 tiers progression
    - vanilla quest zones completely reworked
    - amazing dungeons at launch
    - added 5 more dungeons (2 recycled) during the expansion
    - 2 pretty epic legendary quest lines
    - transmog
    - added lfr (good or bad, it doesn't really matter)
    - pvp and pve sets still had separate aesthetic
    - 1 new arena and 1 new battleground

If I look at WoD, all I see is:
    - 2 tier progression
    - no world content
    - no additional dungeons/scenarios/whatever
    - nothing new for pvp
    - shitty garisson and shipyard facebook minigames
    - all professions utterly destroyed
    - endless grind for a stupid legendary that also forced an even more stupid raid design
    - trashran

Cataclysm was a disappointement, but at least it kept me playing. Draenor destroyed my will to play this game for more than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    BC was split tiers. Gruul, Kara and Magtheridon were Tier 4. TK and SSC were Tier 5 and BT, Hyjal and Sunwell were 6. So it was only 3 tiers. By that logic Cata had 5 tiers because of the 3 raids at the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by samus View Post
    Ah yeah 3 raid tiers, 8 raids in total. I loved doing the weekly gruul runs, and raging when someone outrolled me to gear an alt.

plus I said 8 was the number of raids not raid tiers.

I feel like Cata would've gone better had they spaced the content out a little more.
    9 raids, you guys keep forgetting ZA. (It's funny because TBC had more of raids than WoD had dungeons...)

Sunwell gear was a tier above Hyjal and BT so technically it was it's own tier which is why people called it 6.5. So their kinda was 4 tiers.
    Last edited by Guy4123; 2016-05-17 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    If I compare the expansion with previous ones and "normalize" each expansion by resources which Blizzard has, I think WoD was indeed worst expansion.

But if I look at each expansion in vacuum WoD is only second worst. The title of worst one (for me) goes to TBC. Even compared to WoD, I had nearly nothing to do in the expansion as a non-raider / someone who likes progressing single character (= I don't enjoy alts that much)... I know it goes against the mainstream, but I know that if it weren't for battlegrounds I wouldn't have endured that expansion...

Cataclysm is by far the worst expansion to date.

WoD is second.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    9 raids, you guys keep forgetting ZA. (It's funny because TBC had more of raids than WoD had dungeons...)

Sunwell gear was a tier above Hyjal and BT so technically it was it's own tier which is why people called it 6.5. So their kinda was 4 tiers.
    Was still part of Tier 6 officially though. So still 3 tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Was still part of Tier 6 officially though. So still 3 tiers.
    Eh depends how you view it. Do you consider AQ40 as the same raid tier as BWL?
    Last edited by Guy4123; 2016-05-17 at 11:29 AM.