Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    *snip*
    A little off topic but if you click on that image, that site blocks Adblock users and I finally had enough so got myself anti-adblock killer. Works nicely.

Oh and youd have to be pretty brave to wear that make up, as of right now, it would stand out too much. Would be fun if it would catch on though.

Welcome to Big Brother.

Thanks for the nightmare fuel, mate.
    Double plus bad.

Time to promote the burka as a mainstream Western fashion choice for all.

I'm pretty sure that is illegal here (people of public interest are an exception of course).
    And if it isn't it should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    When Google Glass first came out, it had something similar - it brought up the Facebook profile on its best match, appearance, location, etc. There was also an app that would bring up adult videos (including amateur vids) that were closest to that person's appearance. Lots of power in facial recognition and cloud technology to handle the computation. It's impressive that they're only running 4 servers.
    Yes, those are illegal as well. Cannot wear them outside your own home unless you have permission of the owner of the grounds you are on (provided they are private at all, on public grounds or those open to the public it is still illegal).

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Yeh it wont be easy to find my face. I never uploaded it on internet and i also refuse to use social networks like crapbook.
    Job is a exeption, but i use company logo.
    The problem is that those kinds of services like for people to identify third parties (which is illegal to do, but illegal for the one who does it, not illegal to ask for unless they are explicit, if they just omit that you need permission of the one you identify then they cannot be prosecuted for it).

“If you see someone you like, you can photograph them, find their identity, and then send them a friend request.” The interaction doesn’t always have to involve the rather creepy opening gambit of clandestine street photography, he added: “It also looks for similar people. So you could just upload a photo of a movie star you like, or your ex, and then find 10 girls who look similar to her and send them messages.”
    That is such a hilariously bad justification I was half sure the article was a joke.

Very impressive on the technology side of things, very disturbing on the social implications.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Nah, but the 80s will be back with a vengeance - counter-surveillance makeup, here we come! (Because dazzle camouflage is awesome - and now it's now for people!)
    Yep, it's a lot easier to confuse facial recognition software than people realize. Computers aren't sentient. Really neat are bits of makeup using geometric shapes that make the software think it's seeing a 3D shape when it's not. Would look like a weird stylistic choice to a human, but a computer would see a giant 3D blown up shape. The second image from the right on the bottom is using that.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2016-05-17 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Pretty sure an invasion of privacy lawsuit would kill this idea.
    I sure hope so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Yep, it's a lot easier to confuse facial recognition software than people realize. Computers aren't sentient.
    That's just what they (the computers) want you to believe!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking that I might be safe from this: I don't have any social media accounts and there aren't any pictures of me on the web to my knowledge- add to that that I have an identical twin and you won't exactly be able to verify my identity...

But then it occurred to me, finding your twin is just as good as finding you and there's no escaping your friends and relatives that use social media and post your picture... perhaps you attended their wedding, a party, a funeral, work photos or anything else.

Kill this technology now! (lol) -I like my privacy, okay?

10+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    Time to seek out Jaqen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    http://www.maltatoday.com.mt/ui_frontend/thumbnail/684/0/women_in_abaya.jpg
    Just thought: in some jurisdictions you are not allowed to wear masks in public or when dealing with authorities, but you can wear a burkha everywhere nationwide (oddly enough except in France and Belgium which ironically have some of the strictest privacy laws)!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    So goddamn creepy. Its basically a cyber-stalkers wet dream.
    It is not that difficult to secure your identity online. How this is even a problem for most normal people is beyond me, as living a life without having my picture on the internet associated with my name has been pretty easy for the last 8 years.

Perhaps I am just more self aware of my actions and the dangers of the internet than others. Or others are aware, but are okay with the risks. Consenting adults, I guess.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Just thought: in some jurisdictions you are not allowed to wear masks in public or when dealing with authorities, but you can wear a burkha everywhere nationwide (oddly enough except in France and Belgium which ironically have some of the strictest privacy laws)!
    You might still be required to take a burkha off in a court room - which is something the islam agrees with btw..
    The same goes for every other similar piece of clothing. The christian versions of this for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    A little off topic but if you click on that image, that site blocks Adblock users and I finally had enough so got myself anti-adblock killer. Works nicely.
    Huh, I hadn't noticed their anti-adblock (I'm running uBlock, NoScript and Ghostery - apparently that combination kills their anti-adblocking, because I'm certainly not seeing any ads either, and the page loads fine), that's for letting me know though, definitely interesting to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Oh and youd have to be pretty brave to wear that make up, as of right now, it would stand out too much. Would be fun if it would catch on though.
    Glam-rock resurgence, here we come!

Or maybe steampunk - I wonder how well it works with goggles, facial hair and/or air filters?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    It is not that difficult to secure your identity online. How this is even a problem for most normal people is beyond me, as living a life without having my picture on the internet associated with my name has been pretty easy for the last 8 years.

Perhaps I am just more self aware of my actions and the dangers of the internet than others. Or others are aware, but are okay with the risks. Consenting adults, I guess.
    You've never had your picture taken for something work-related, a friend or relative's wedding, party, funeral etc?... If it only hinged on you not taking photos of yourself it'd be much too easy.

Remember folks,Put dark makeup/cammo on the high points,Lighter colors on the low points of your face/exposed features..
    Cammo 101.

Deleted
    Considering the potential for abuse, this is fucked.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-05-17 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    Nothing to hide.
    Nothing to fear.

I can imagine alot of people here feel weary though.