Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Believing George Zimmerman was attacked is kind of like believing that Ted Bundy's first victims could've been muggers.
    Well its possible Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, I mean he was being stalked by some nutjob with a gun in the dead of night. I certainly would not want to give him a chance to shoot me with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well its possible Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, I mean he was being stalked by some nutjob with a gun in the dead of night. I certainly would not want to give him a chance to shoot me with it.
    I'm not going to argue your point, but merely point out the fact people keep talking like GZ was walking around with his gun out in his hand. He wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Because the news media want to continue to report on him.
    You chose to post this thread...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baium View Post
    This is a fact people, not an opinion. Bout time you all learned a thing or two.
    Calling an obese person a fat pig is a fact. But its still a tactless insult

10+ Year Old Account
    How much money did he get for his gun after all? Thought I last read it was quite a bit. Why doesn't he just fuck off to Montana or something if he wants to be left alone by all these people bullying him :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    It is an insult, it can also be true.

The article is as biased and from an insignificant trash newssite, it's not worth complaining about.
    This. You really can't say for a fact that they were bad parents. Sometimes bad children rebel no matter what you do or say as a parent. Is it possible they were bad parents? Yes. Is it proven by what he said? Eh mostly no. Their actions post death were definitely on par with bad parents for not at least asking what they could have done better with him(publicly since they CHOSE to make everything public instead of just ranting and raving about Zimmerman), but on the same note they could easily have been grief stricken. If anyone was to blame for being awful in the whole case it was the public and people in this thread still saying he was a murderer. Kid was trespassing, guy who was on a neighborhood watch investigated and questioned him, kid attacked him and didn't expect him to be packing heat and got shot in the fight. Could the parents really have stopped that? No. Should they have at least wondered what they might have done wrong? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You chose to post this thread...
    And you're point is?

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Believing George Zimmerman was attacked is kind of like believing that Ted Bundy's first victims could've been muggers.
    That's because the parents gave the media pictures of TM to use that made him look like a little innocent boy that dindu nuffin. I mean look at the facebook pages of half of the people killed by cops recently and there's really no doubt they attacked people/someone.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Annoying; 2016-05-18 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone provide a non biased FACT report regarding the incident?

FALSE - nobody can. Every person on the internet seems too be brainwashed by their favorite new station. I never seen more bullshit coming out of intelligent people from both sides of the argument in my fucking life.

Left media reports Trayvon as an incident child who just wanted to get ice cream. Zimmerman is an evil white racists who wanted to kill Trayvon.

Right media reports that Trayvon is a thug with a machine gun in his back pocket and Zimmerman was just trying to protect the community from crime.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm talking specifically to the point that TM's parents failed him.
    You and a lot of other people seem to be under the very false assumption that a child's behavior is entirely within the control of their parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That's because the parents gave the media pictures of TM to use that made him look like a little innocent boy that dindu nuffin. I mean look at the facebook pages of half of the people killed by cops recently and there's really no doubt they attacked people/someone.
    Did he have pictures of him beating people or torturing cats or something?

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    You and a lot of other people seem to be under the very false assumption that a child's behavior is entirely within the control of their parents.
    I think a lot of people are naive to think that parents don't have an overwhelming influence on children.

Sure there are exceptions to the rule, but short of outright mental illness I firmly believe a solid family structure is paramount to growing up into a well rounded successful individual.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    It's not, but its heavily influenced by how they are raised and the examples the parents are to the child

- - - Updated - - -

I think a lot of people are naive to think that parents don't have an overwhelming influence on children.

Sure there are exceptions to the rule, but short of outright mental illness I firmly believe a solid family structure is paramount to growing up into a well rounded successful individual.
    Damn, you beat me too it

This guy murders their son and just proceeds to pour salt in the wound. It wouldn't surprise me if he stalked this kid in the days before the murder.
    He didnt murder their son. He defended himself, which is his legal right, and in doing son the kid was killed. He was tried and found INNOCENT...Just because it doesnt fit your "Black lives matter" agenda doesnt make it not a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Did he have pictures of him beating people or torturing cats or something?
    Not of torturing cats, but there were pics of him with guns and drugs..

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy murders their son and just proceeds to pour salt in the wound. It wouldn't surprise me if he stalked this kid in the days before the murder.
    Self defense is now murder huh...
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    only if the attacker isn't white.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighud44 View Post
    Just because it doesnt fit your "Black lives matter" agenda doesnt make it not a fact
    Where did I say anything about BLM? I'm not exactly a fan of theirs.

How did Zimmerman get a hold of these pictures before he decided to stalk and murder the kid?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I think your confused, I didn't say Trayvon killed anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nowhere in our country are drugs a death sentence and unless you can provide proof I've never seen any pictures of him using drugs.

And why can't someone take pictures with a gun? Lots of people do it. Something tells me this wouldn't be a terrifying picture to you

As a parent of three extremely different children, all of whom have been raised with similar outcomes in mind, I can tell you it has some effect, but how much differs greatly depending on the child's inherent personality among other things. I'm not disagreeing that a strong family structure isn't of benefit, but thinking there's a magic switch parents can flip on children to make them care about others or not act like idiots is incorrect. This gets far, far worse once they hit their teen years where psychologically speaking they are driven to follow peers more than parents.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    only if the attacker isn't white.
    It's not a race thing to me, I don't get the US fascination with everything being about race.