Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lol at all the people who are saying this is a giant timesink. Nothing has been changed in the manner of collecting gear for your character other than convenience of not having to take up an item slot. Now people misunderstand something and immediately freak out. It's pretty hilarious when you really think about it. If people really cared that much about xmog on all their characters, they've already spent countless hours grinding out that gear, possibly still doing it. Now people want to be like, "I got this awesome cloth helm on my hunter, Blizzard HAS to let me put it in my wardrobe on the off chance I play a priest/Mage/lock in the future!"
    This literally changes nothing (except a QoL increase from more bag space), adds no new time sinks, and doesn't complicate things in any way.

i find it difficult to take anyone with a my little pony avatar seriously. not really relevant but ah well...
    then i read the op and only confirmed my assumptions.
    what a dumb complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    What are you on about? You had to have done the quest ever anyway; please tell me how doing all the quests once as opposed to four times minimum (if we're lucky; realistically eight times minimum) makes them something you've "never done."
    Can we stop peddling the complete bullshit that you will have to do even close to loremaster 8 times. It's only going to be a fraction of quests you need to redo each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Lol at all the people who are saying this is a giant timesink. Nothing has been changed in the manner of collecting gear for your character other than convenience of not having to take up an item slot. Now people misunderstand something and immediately freak out. It's pretty hilarious when you really think about it. If people really cared that much about xmog on all their characters, they've already spent countless hours grinding out that gear, possibly still doing it. Now people want to be like, "I got this awesome cloth helm on my hunter, Blizzard HAS to let me put it in my wardrobe on the off chance I play a priest/Mage/lock in the future!"
    This literally changes nothing (except a QoL increase from more bag space), adds no new time sinks, and doesn't complicate things in any way.
    They went from:

"We're going to unlock every single quest reward for every quest you've ever done ever across all your characters."

to:

"Nah, fuck that."

Are you willfully being disingenuous here, or is the misunderstanding on your end?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    What are you on about? You had to have done the quest ever anyway; please tell me how doing all the quests once as opposed to four times minimum (if we're lucky; realistically eight times minimum) makes them something you've "never done."
    And you get a bloody tabard that will be unlocked account wide anyway. I don't see how Loremaster correlates to something like "Random Outland quest" which you did on your Cloth user should unlock the plate for your lvl 10 toon Warrior too.

Hmmm. I guess, I've already done most quests on characters, that wear all kinds of gear, except Cloth. I have Loremaster on Paladin. I have Loremaster on Monk. I have Loremasters since WotLK on some character. I have Loremaster of Cata on ALL characters. I have Loremaster of MOP on half of characters. Loremaster of WOD on Paladins, Shamans, Druids and Hunters.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Exactly.

Maybe it's just me, but the whole post came across as "I DEMAND EVERYTHING TO BE EXACTLY THE WAY I TELL YOU TO MAKE IT!" I guess it makes sense since it was a Tumblr post.

I think Blizzard's stance makes sense TBH. So what, you lose out of a couple of pieces that were removed from the game over the past 12 years, that you never had in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, another massively overblown "issue" that makes perfect sense from technical and development standpoints, because people have nothing better to do than find minor gripes to moan about. Tumblr indeed.

Seriously, transmog is getting a massive overhaul and works like the best addons for it in the past combined, sorry that the person who wrote that blog assumed that this meant that he or she would be able to finally find every single item ever to have been in the game in their database.

They went from:

"We're going to unlock every single quest reward for every quest you've ever done ever across all your characters."

to:

"Nah, fuck that."

Are you willfully being disingenuous here, or is the misunderstanding on your end?
    I don't remember that quoted ever. As a matter of fact, here you go:
    http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/07/...ation-changes/
    Actual panels from the discussion.
    Theres obvious a misunderstanding on the players part for what was stated. Maybe worded differently, but as I said previously, I never understood this the way a lot of you did, and judging by the amounts of people discussing it, I'm not the only one who understood it the way Blizzard intended.

The majority of your points completely mirror the transmog restrictions on live (equipped, soulbound, primary armour class, no trade timer).

The wardrobe's main purpose is QoL to clear out full void storage and banks, not to let OCD collectors hoard every single variation of transmog ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I don't remember that quoted ever. As a matter of fact, here you go:
    http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/07/...ation-changes/
    Actual panels from the discussion.
    Theres obvious a misunderstanding on the players part for what was stated. Maybe worded differently, but as I said previously, I never understood this the way a lot of you did, and judging by the amounts of people discussing it, I'm not the only one who understood it the way Blizzard intended.
    "also items awarded from every quest you have ever completed ... including items you may not have chosen"
    I don't know how you can determine that phrase means anything other than every selectable option from the quest would be unlocked.

Deleted
    In Blizzard's defense, they changed their minds on some things because they don't want players to receive rewards too fast and then whine about having nothing to do. This is an MMO, a game that you're supposed to play for a long time, not go scavenge ICC on multiple characters and unlock EVERYTHING for the transmog wardrobe regardless the characters can equip it or not, within a few hours.

"This means if your priest’s long lost helmet drops on your warrior, you’re out of luck flat out."

The key point of what's wrong with their attitude about it. I honestly don't understand why but BLIZ has a long, tried and true history of clinging to the most absurdly archaic beliefs and then FIGHTING us tooth and nail about it to the bitter end, and eventually, they go .. but they go being dragged BY US .. kicking and screaming the WHOLE WAY ..

It's absolutely outrageous. These people NEED someone like me to tell them on a daily basis what morons they are, so they can stop fucking shit up like this. There's absolutely no reason for any of these restrictions, it makes no fucking sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    "also items awarded from every quest you have ever completed ... including items you may not have chosen"
    I don't know how you can determine that phrase means anything other than every selectable option from the quest would be unlocked.
    You can't determine that. But it can have the meaning. Now they have added detail to it and you have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well that's fucking bullshit.

total jackasses, and if people complain about this enough, they will change it. so you need to make threads about this all over the place and spread the word.

- - - Updated - - -
    Holy shit you sound like a spoiled brat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    "This means if your priest’s long lost helmet drops on your warrior, you’re out of luck flat out."

The key point of what's wrong with their attitude about it. I honestly don't understand why but BLIZ has a long, tried and true history of clinging to the most absurdly archaic beliefs and then FIGHTING us tooth and nail about it to the bitter end, and eventually, they go .. but they go being dragged BY US .. kicking and screaming the WHOLE WAY ..

It's absolutely outrageous. These people NEED someone like me to tell them on a daily basis what morons they are, so they can stop fucking shit up like this. There's absolutely no reason for any of these restrictions, it makes no fucking sense.
    I love how everytime you post you feel the need to exaggerate to the nth degree
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, another 'issue'. I bet someone like Heelsvsbabyface will make 10 minutes long rant on his channel. It's not like we have bigger problems in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Thats your interpretation because thats what you wish to happen. At the same time we pretty quickly learned that only items for our armor class would unlock, so assuming that quests would somehow be exempt from that rule is just naive.

On any quests newer than ~BC or so, we don't even *see* the rewards for other armor types anymore (and probably in revamped vanilla areas either), would you assume those get unlocked without even knowing what they are?

Its pretty normal for humans to interpret statements in a way that goes with their wishes and believes. But that doesn't mean its the only way to interpet it, or how its going to end up being in the end.

I don't see dat big of a issue the transmog changes ... yes you have to work a little for those transmogs, nothing wrong with that, I am more interested in what they will do with the CM armor sets from Pandaria

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to refute this premise: "FUN DETECTED - FUN NERFED"

Please explain how not having to do anything is classified as "fun".

Sure, Blizzard have added a lot of work to the process of getting all your transmog gear, and sure, a lot of people won't find it fun doing all that work. But let's be honest, if that's the case, they can't really argue that it was more fun before the extra work added, just less unfun.

So basically the OP argument is actually that grinding for transmog is a chore, and it has just become even more of a chore. Which is fine to have as a viewpoint. Except that some people do derive fun from doing grinds that others regard simply as a chore.

My suggestion to the OP: Don't bother with transmog. Clearly it's not something you find fun. In fact, be thankful that Blizzard have made the grind even more odious for you because it's helped you realise that it really isn't something you want to do, and saved you the hassle of doing something you wouldn't have found fun anyway. Let the people who actually like going about filling out grindy collections have their fun, and you can go do something you actually find fun.