Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    According to the walkthrough I read, it is impossible to do so right now. And I'm really getting sick of gong back and forth on that water route with a surprisingly high encounter rate for water, and Tentacool that are sometimes higher level than most of my team. I will check east of ecruteak though, when I play again.

Also, now i know why everyone complained about it. Whitney's Miltank is BS. I think I ended up with a random crit to kill it. It wouldn't have been so bad if Attract didn't last forever. Infatuation has too high a chance to work.
    im not sure what you're doing wrong but ive never had these problems in soul silver.

in fact almost everytime i play soul silver my team ends up overleveled
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im not sure what you're doing wrong but ive never had these problems in soul silver.

in fact almost everytime i play soul silver my team ends up overleveled
    Apparently everything east of Eucrteak town is optional or something. Because I never got any kind of instruction to go anywhere there. So I'm at least doing more stuff before going back to those two gyms.

Also, I'm guessing there's no way to get another Flash TM. I replaced it on a pokemon, because, you know, it sucks. But I've still never been to Dark Cave, and I assume I'll need to at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    Oki, put Zigzagoon lvl 2 named MMO-CHAMP on GTS asking for Darkrai :P
    HA ill go look for it now this weeks been too busy the one day we were slow at work i didnt bring my ds every other day slammed

*edit*
    Gts was a good idea minus it won't let me do it because it's a special Pokemon

Arrrrrghhh
    Last edited by Valefire; 2016-05-19 at 05:13 AM.
    Pokemon X/Y & ORAS Friend Code: 0791-3189-0475
    BNET: Valefire#11460 - Twitter: @Valefire7

15+ Year Old Account
    First look at the next gen Pokemon

Apparently everything east of Eucrteak town is optional or something. Because I never got any kind of instruction to go anywhere there. So I'm at least doing more stuff before going back to those two gyms.

Also, I'm guessing there's no way to get another Flash TM. I replaced it on a pokemon, because, you know, it sucks. But I've still never been to Dark Cave, and I assume I'll need to at some point.
    Everything east of Ecruteak is completely optional until you can surf and solve the red Gyarados problem. I actually think Jasmine is supposed to be done AFTER the Mahogany gym since her Steelix is higher level than Pryce and his Mamoswine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the reason why shes so high level is to conpensate for there being no trainers in her gym?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Have I ever told you that I used to be a Pokemon hater 20 years back? I had a wrong kind of thinking that it was for little Children. The Warcraft Pet Battles literally changed my mind. Since I played the Pet Battles I thought that Hey I played the Copy and it was fun I should also play the Original. I then started with Black and White 2 due to it's graphics and then got a 3DS and currently playing Pokemon X. I immediately got hooked and I also sit and watch the anime series in order to understand the story of each game because each game follows the series.
    If you got any question, or need any help, post here or directly pm me!

When talking about underlevel, there is a lot to take into consideration :

-Do you defeat every trainer ?
    -Do you run away from random encounter ? And if not, do you stay in a zone until you have all pokemon in it (thus earning a lot of xp) ?
    -How many pokemon do you use ? And when did you got them ? Between a team of "6 'mon of 15-" and a team of "2 'mon of 15- and 4 'mon of 20+" there is a lot of free xp for the second.
    -Are you using every Rare Candy you got ?
    -Are they from exchange (bonus xp) ?

And I can tell you that my answers are :
    - Yes
    - Yes (so No for the second)
    - 6, most of the time it's 6 'mon under 15, I rarely capture a 'mon above 20 for my team.
    - No
    - No
    And I was underleveled (as in 4-5+ level) in every pokemon game after badge 6 except XY when EXP. share is active, and ORAS when I handcrafted my team in XY.

I really don't know how people end up not underleveled to be honest (if they play like me that is)

Edit : I also forgot that some pokemon need a lot more xp than others
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-05-19 at 07:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And massively outleveled by the dragon gym again. Fucking hell.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-05-19 at 10:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing a SS nuzlocke right now. I had problems with 2nd gym Scyther (lost Tuna, my first Spearow) and 3rd gym Miltank (lost Nina, the Nidorina). Other gyms were mostly cakewalk. Also, the Croconaw from my rival could kinda beat my whole team before I had the red Gyarados, but I got lucky with an ember burn from my Quilava. My team right after the 7th gym:
    Milo, Quilava lvl 34
    Curtis, Nidoking lvl 35
    Kali, Fearow lvl 35
    Robin, Gyarados lvl 32
    Megg, Exeggcute lvl 34
    Bill, Togepi lvl 1 (it just sits there, doing nothing)

Deaths so far:
    Fred (Bellsprout, lvl 16, died to Scyther as death fodder)
    Tuna (Spearow, lvl 16, died to Scyther quick attack crit)
    Diana (Drowzee, lvl 13, died to bite crit)
    Nina (Nidorina, lvl 19, died to stomp flinch hax and not enough super potions)
    Dirk (Magnemite, lvl 17, died to horn attack crit from wild Tauros)

At the route right before the Safari Zone it's quite decent training between Chuck and Jasmine. If you've defeated Chuck, you get Fly which stomps on everything that does not resist it. Also, if you want to have Flash again, you can buy it in the Goldenrod Warehouse.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, and this was a problem in ORAS too, I'm not digging evolution stones being super rare. Can't evolve Togetic, who has a shit-tastic learnset, until I get to kanto. Can't evolve Weepinbell until I get a random shot at a girl calling me and finding a stone...

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, and this was a problem in ORAS too, I'm not digging evolution stones being super rare. Can't evolve Togetic, who has a shit-tastic learnset, until I get to kanto. Can't evolve Weepinbell until I get a random shot at a girl calling me and finding a stone...
    I agree with that, my Megg (exeggcute) is still rather pathetic. While if she'd evolve she is going to be a great asset to the team as a tank.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Yeah, I don't get the mania with the stones in the game either. It's just stupid.

Gotta catch dem Bugs for dem Stones. But only on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays.

People have lives in Jotho you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually I prefer a certain level of randomization on my Nuzlockes. I like the unpredictability of it. I have yet to beat a Platinum or Soul Silver Nuzlocke using randomization. In fairness, I also randomize moves, so sometimes I'm wrecked out of nowhere (RIP my Regirock in Platinum before even the first badge), but I feel like a vanilla Nuzlocke doesn't get nearly as dangerous. There's also that in-between level that Shady and Nappy do for their Soul Links, but I usually do the whole move thing.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2016-05-19 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Usually I prefer a certain level of randomization on my Nuzlockes. I like the unpredictability of it. I have yet to beat a Platinum or Soul Silver Nuzlocke using randomization. In fairness, I also randomize moves, so sometimes I'm wrecked out of nowhere (RIP my Regirock in Platinum before even the first badge), but I feel like a vanilla Nuzlocke doesn't get nearly as dangerous. There's also that in-between level that Shady and Nappy do for their Soul Links, but I usually do the whole move thing.
    Sadly, I've never been able to randomise something without it crushing constantly. I had randomised heartgold and on the 1st route immediately after the starting town, I had: Mew, Darkrai, Zapdos and other craziness I don't remember currently. But yeah, I wasn't able to play the game. It was crushing constantly.

You know you can buy the stones from the Pokeathalon right?

https://twitter.com/TheHeavySquad/st...53190875648000

It was incredibly obvious, but Amazon's synopsis for Sun and Moon mentions islands, as in multiple.

Ok, I can now confirm there are codes in EU for shiny Xerneas and Yvetal and not just in Norway, Finland and Sweden Won a code for each from one local nintendo website and bacon bird is finally mine! \o/

Oh fuck I need to go get that one...