Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That cartoon seems to have gotten Michelle's finger lengths correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Having a sense of humor doesn't mean you laugh at everything. That drawing isn't really funny, it's just kind of dickish without having an actual joke behind it, and would be meaningless to anyone who wasn't plugged into the right-wing echo chamber.
    Yet in the "echo chamber" of the left its fine to draw Bush in the likeness of a monkey and Hitler?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Don't bother. The new conservative playbook is in. It says you are allowed to either feign ignorance or play the victim, anything else and you might have to start answering questions about your ignorant beliefs. It's a good toilet read.
    Wow...A liberal saying its in the conservative playbook to "play the victim", something the left has been doing for decades. Also funny you call someones beliefs as "ignorant" while also insinuating that they are bigots. Being a bigot means your "Intolerant" of their beliefs. You my friend by calling their beliefs "ignorant", show that in fact your the bigot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You said you were proud of American for defeating the Nazis. That's a silly thing to be proud of America for, because America didn't do that.

I'd ask again, what exactly do you actually get proud about your country for when you think of it? Not just lip service, but the actual emotion. I'll wager that most regular people don't actually get feelings of national pride very often, and they're certainly not a constant.
    So America had nothing to do with defeating the Nazis? You are talking about a war that wouldn't have been won without America, right? Funny the Europeans hate America, but we are the first you call when your ass is in a sling and you need help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighud44 View Post
    Also funny you call someones beliefs as "ignorant" while also insinuating that they are bigots. Being a bigot means your "Intolerant" of their beliefs. You my friend by calling their beliefs "ignorant", show that in fact your the bigot.
    Don't assume that just because I have a fully formed brain capable of processing human emotions and empathy I'm some sort of relativist. I'm not. There are some things that are just wrong. Poisoning your own constituents for profit, forcing young girls to carry the product of rape and incest to term, etc. Some beliefs deserve to be ridiculed for what they are, especially when they cause mass harm. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Yet in the "echo chamber" of the left its fine to draw Bush in the likeness of a monkey and Hitler?
    When Bush was in office, it wasn't just the liberals who thought he was a little dim, those cartoons may have been offensive but there was at least a joke there, and thus a point to them.

If people think Michelle Obama is ugly, fair enough, nothing wrong with that. But that's not really a joke in and of itself. And granted, it is pretty hard to make a funny joke about her because, like most First Ladies, she doesn't exactly do a whole hell of a lot so there's not much to work with.

10+ Year Old Account
    So America had nothing to do with defeating the Nazis? You are talking about a war that wouldn't have been won without America, right? Funny the Europeans hate America, but we are the first you call when your ass is in a sling and you need help.
    Typically American to assume WWII wouldn't have been won without America. It's funny cause I'm not European, but you obviously didn't pick up on that.Russia would like to casually point out that they'd have had WWII handled quite well even without the Americans.

I'll ask again though, since no one is actually answering it (probably because they don't want to admit they don't feel it), but do you ever actually feel emotionally proud of your country? Like do you think about WWII and get all swelled up thinking about how proud you are of your country? I'd wager that the vast majority of people don't, it's just far too removed from our regular lives.

Maybe a mother feels emotion and pride when she thinks of her son in a combat role, for sure. A father feels pride and emotion when he sees his daughter graduate. These are tangible things that we experience. But do you guys really actually feel the same swell of pride and emotion when you think about your country?

People say they feel proud of their countries all the time, and I call bullshit. We might be pleased with what our countries did, but we don't actually feel proud about it in the sense of that tangible surge of emotion. So like I said before, it's totally plausible that voting a black POTUS into office makes someone feel tangible pride for their country for the first time ever. That's completely realistic, it just takes accepting the fact that people don't go around feeling actual pride for their country on a regular basis.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-05-19 at 07:20 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    hey you can't say anything mean about a black person, it's racist.

- - - Updated - - -

I get it nothing bad happens to us that isn't the white devils fault.

keep hiding behind the word racist all you want,makes you look intelligent.
    See you're trying, to box me in the group that cries racist over everything. I'm simply stating what is and what isn't. When racists talk about black women, they usually say what alot of people here are saying. I mean keep playing dumb though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You ever hear of my dog, Milwaukee? No? Then clearly he doesn't exist.

Google this: black women being called manly

Look, your own personal worldview doesn't equate to the rest of the country or world. This is the problem with bigotry/racism/sexism/etc. One person's worldview is not indicative of the facts, just as the acts of one or two from a given group like muslims, blacks, women, LGBTs, etc. doesn't make all of that group guilty.
    Wouldn't this apply to you as well? You may have heard this, but that doesn't make it necessarily prevalent. And even if it were, that doesn't make this cartoon racist.

And FYI, I did google it, and the results weren't in your favor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Don't bother. The new conservative playbook is in. It says you are allowed to either feign ignorance or play the victim, anything else and you might have to start answering questions about your ignorant beliefs. It's a good toilet read.
    The fucking irony.

10+ Year Old Account

People say they feel proud of their countries all the time, and I call bullshit. We might be pleased with what our countries did, but we don't actually feel proud about it in the sense of that tangible surge of emotion. So like I said before, it's totally plausible that voting a black POTUS into office makes someone feel tangible pride for their country for the first time ever. That's completely realistic, it just takes accepting the fact that people don't go around feeling actual pride for their country on a regular basis.
    True patriotic Americans do feel pride. People who just want to exploit our generosity do not (illegal aliens, welfare leeches, etc) If I wasnt proud of my country I wouldnt wake up every morning and say the Pledge of Allegiance after raising my flag outside my home. I wouldnt chew people out who dont stand or remove their hats when the National Anthem is played at events (yes, including people in a restaurant who ignore it when a football game starts). And I am for from being in the minority.However, if Crooked Hillary somehow cheats Trump out of the Presidency this year, I will fly all my flags upside down (was real close to doing it when Obama got elected the second time)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    True patriotic Americans do feel pride. People who just want to exploit our generosity do not (illegal aliens, welfare leeches, etc) If I wasnt proud of my country I wouldnt wake up every morning and say the Pledge of Allegiance after raising my flag outside my home.
    Christ. People actually do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    See you're trying, to box me in the group that cries racist over everything. I'm simply stating what is and what isn't. When racists talk about black women, they usually say what alot of people here are saying. I mean keep playing dumb though.
    Michelle Obama looks like dogshit.

Pam Grier on the other hand is one of the hottest women to walk the earth. I'd still pick her in her current form, which is kind of lumpy and fat tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    True patriotic Americans do feel pride. People who just want to exploit our generosity do not (illegal aliens, welfare leeches, etc) If I wasnt proud of my country I wouldnt wake up every morning and say the Pledge of Allegiance after raising my flag outside my home. I wouldnt chew people out who dont stand or remove their hats when the National Anthem is played at events (yes, including people in a restaurant who ignore it when a football game starts). And I am for from being in the minority.However, if Crooked Hillary somehow cheats Trump out of the Presidency this year, I will fly all my flags upside down (was real close to doing it when Obama got elected the second time)
    See you just come across as being a completely ridiculous and far-from-normal person by doing those things. No person with a healthy mindset berates other people for not standing and removing their hats when a football game comes on TV. That's truly an insane thing to do.

I mean it's interesting that you're showing that some people really do feel pride in their country, but you're really not painting a good picture of those who do. In fact you're kind of making it seem like the people who truly feel that kind of national pride are a bunch of unhinged, incredibly arrogant cunts.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

i dont think any other first lady has recieved the amount of hate and general disrespect as she has. because she is black.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i dont think any other first lady has recieved the amount of hate and general disrespect as she has. because she is black.
    Yup, it is definitely because she is black. Racism is alive and well in the United States, that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yup, it is definitely because she is black. Racism is alive and well in the United States, that is for sure.
    It couldn't be because someone legitimately dislikes her? I don't think in our modern world, any of the first ladies have been treated well.

As has been stated that gets glossed over, supposedly they treat everyone from secret service to hotel staff like dog shit (her and her mother). Maybe when the camera isn't rolling they are giant douche bags. If it makes people feel any better, supposedly Hilary Clinton is the same way.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it is. But thinking someone is not that attractive does not mean they feel that way because she is black.

Right, has zero to do with her preachy soft controllish stuck up nature and on the record lack of pride or identity with the US, yeah zero to do with that. Totally because she's black, you nailed it pal. We already know she hates being First Lady and can't wait to be out of Washington and frankly we can't wait for her to be out of it either.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Typically American to assume WWII wouldn't have been won without America. It's funny cause I'm not European, but you obviously didn't pick up on that.Russia would like to casually point out that they'd have had WWII handled quite well even without the Americans.

I'll ask again though, since no one is actually answering it (probably because they don't want to admit they don't feel it), but do you ever actually feel emotionally proud of your country? Like do you think about WWII and get all swelled up thinking about how proud you are of your country? I'd wager that the vast majority of people don't, it's just far too removed from our regular lives.

Maybe a mother feels emotion and pride when she thinks of her son in a combat role, for sure. A father feels pride and emotion when he sees his daughter graduate. These are tangible things that we experience. But do you guys really actually feel the same swell of pride and emotion when you think about your country?

Oh bull. Here is a history lesson for you. Hitler made a huge tactical blunder to attack Russia while they were still at war with England. His generals were horrified he did. And then to make matters worse, in order to fulfill his stupid personal pride, he refused any of his armies to retreat because he had boasted he would be in Moscow before winter. :P I mean, I am glad he did. Had America not entered the war, England could not have mounted a effective campaign to invade France. And the Germans would have known that and could have put even more of their divisions on the eastern front instead down South in Africa and Italy.

People use to show more pride and patriotism for the US than they seem to do now. But there are still millions who still do. Just because you are not around many who do, does not mean there are few who are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ. People actually do this?
    Millions of people do

- - - Updated - - -

Or it could be because of her Im better than you attitude and fat shaming everyone who doesnt live her lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    It couldn't be because someone legitimately dislikes her? I don't think in our modern world, any of the first ladies have been treated well.
    Sure. But some of it is indeed because she is black.

- - - Updated - - -

Millions of people do
    Really? Because you are the first I've heard of who salutes the TV and recites the PoA outside of a school setting.