Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Maybe they won't be able to merge accounts this time....

but its wow so I'm sure they will

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    It's 18 months of not being able to login the chars on the license. Everything else is still available.
    No shit. It's only their wow services.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2016-05-19 at 11:35 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    I botted in hearthstone for 500 wins.

Got a 6 month ban. Never did it again.

So no, people should not be permanently banned for a first offense.
    You botted, you should be perma banned, you take the easy way and got busted, you should suffer the consequences.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

But then Overwatch bans are permanent, /shrug.

Sadly two popular pay-cheats, which I wont mention the names of obviously, don't appear to have been included in this ban.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    incorrect.
    Sorry, I meant that's what I wish the system would be.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I don't know where that information is coming from but I would bet that most come back when the ban is up or they just play on a different account, most people have multiple accounts (no idea if it's most people) for RAF anyway.
    What information? 6 month, 18 month, etc if you're caught botting. I've had 3 idiots in my guild banned for botting. Another just got sniped today because he ran honor buddy 2 months ago for a weekend. He's not coming back until his ban is removed. Most players don't have multiple accounts.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    when you're permabanned you have a like 10min window to go into the wow armory on your banned char and use all that gold to buy items on the wow auctionhouse

(you should obviously up some auctions there from another account)

this is possible because the wow armory is updated a little bit later

(i have to make this public, in order to get it fixed)

so sad how blizzard does not have the balls to perma ban cheaters

10+ Year Old Account
    I was banned today, here's my proof:

And in my personal opinion, from a botters P.O.V., botters should be given perma bans the first time around. We never learn our lesson and we will never stop. We will continue manipulating the AH by flooding it with goods, and we will forever look for the easy way out. Blizzard giving us a slap on the wrist is just their way of ensuring that one day we will come back and spend more money on WoW. And as you can see im a 6th repeat offender so I was ban for an extended period of time.

If anyone at Blizzard is reading this, do your customers a favor and dont lift our bans.

Couple ideas that would pretty much make it (almost) impossible to bot would be :

1) Add a captcha code randomly in the game. Like maybe right before a BG, or at the end of a dungeon. Be random Blizzard.

2) make authenticators MANDATORY and remove the option that only lets battle net ask us 1 time for a code. You need to make a new code mandatory for each login session.

3) Do physical integrity checks on players who are in a zone more than 4+ hours. For example; I was botting up herbs in Vash'ir for 6+ hours a day. At the 3rd or 4th hour, a 1 minute visit from a Blizzard GM to check up on me, could determine if said person is botting or not by viewing them, and whispering said player.

4) This one is tricky but: Try to eliminate or bring down the NEED for goods and points such as ; fur, skin, ore, Honor Points, Conquest etc. Give gear based on merit and not the ability to grind BG's or raids all day. I have no idea how this will be implemented but im throwing it out there for greater minds to pick apart.

I know you guys hate me, its fine. We deserve that and the bans we get but I just wanted to type this out in case it helps someone.

What I think is particularly funny is all those who just got a 6 month ban are basically going to miss the launch of Legion (if not basically the entire xpac)... I wonder how many of them pre-ordered...

lol "BOT NOT EVEN ON". You still have it installed, dumbass.

Another wave of "It wasn't me!111 Plz Blizz I only used cooking bot for a minute!11"

It would be nice if it were longer than 6 months, because no one is going to learn their lesson from botting anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    I was banned today, here's my proof:

And in my personal opinion, from a botters P.O.V., botters should be given perma bans the first time around. We never learn our lesson and we will never stop. We will continue manipulating the AH by flooding it with goods, and we will forever look for the easy way out. Blizzard giving us a slap on the wrist is just their way of ensuring that one day we will come back and spend more money on WoW. And as you can see im a 6th repeat offender so I was ban for an extended period of time.

If anyone at Blizzard is reading this, do your customers a favor and dont lift our bans.

Couple ideas that would pretty much make it (almost) impossible to bot would be :

1) Add a captcha code randomly in the game. Like maybe right before a BG, or at the end of a dungeon. Be random Blizzard.

2) make authenticators MANDATORY and remove the option that only lets battle net ask us 1 time for a code. You need to make a new code mandatory for each login session.

3) Do physical integrity checks on players who are in a zone more than 4+ hours. For example; I was botting up herbs in Vash'ir for 6+ hours a day. At the 3rd or 4th hour, a 1 minute visit from a Blizzard GM to check up on me, could determine if said person is botting or not by viewing them, and whispering said player.

4) This one is tricky but: Try to eliminate or bring down the NEED for goods and points such as ; fur, skin, ore, Honor Points, Conquest etc. Give gear based on merit and not the ability to grind BG's or raids all day. I have no idea how this will be implemented but im throwing it out there for greater minds to pick apart.

I know you guys hate me, its fine. We deserve that and the bans we get but I just wanted to type this out in case it helps someone.
    soooo wouldn't this be better placed on an official forum :P?

If any of these are second offense Blizzard should implement hardware banning.

Period.

The end.

Goodbye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    ^ Some good points.

Blizz could also wipe all titles, achieves, gold, and everything in their bank & bags on any toons associated with a banned acct. - and ban their credit cards. Let's see how many new CC numbers they can keep getting. And they should be doing it a helluva lot more than once a year.

It wouldn't stop them completely but it would make life more miserable to keep botting, scripting.

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    If any of these are second offense Blizzard should implement hardware banning.

Period.

The end.

Goodbye.
    Not hard to get around at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    It does but god damn do people actively enjoy fishing?
    No they dont and thats why if there were no bots i could make a good amount of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    What I think is particularly funny is all those who just got a 6 month ban are basically going to miss the launch of Legion (if not basically the entire xpac)... I wonder how many of them pre-ordered...
    They're going to miss PvP titles too although I'm guessing that most players who care about those are already opening a new account.

Blizzard should do bot banwaves every 6 months like prevention. If you are serious botter, it will be like permaban to you but you can still get access to your account - if you will stop using bots after that ban.

They should be also stripped from all characters and achievements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    soooo wouldn't this be better placed on an official forum :P?
    Can't really post on forums when you're banned, but I guess you already knew that and I'm just failing to pick up on sarcasm?