10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And Laine is arguably the best player Finland has produced to date in terms of potential and hype.
    And just like Selanne, he's going to the Peg. What's different from that is the team will be here long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    And just like Selanne, he's going to the Peg. What's different from that is the team will be here long term.
    Yeah fuck, that's exactly what the Jets needed too...yet another...huge fuckin winger who can hammer that puck.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yeah fuck, that's exactly what the Jets needed too...yet another...huge fuckin winger who can hammer that puck.
    Add in whatever else we are getting. Team on paper should tear up the league. Yet they are in the Death Division, there is a lot of teams to kill in order to make the playoffs. Why couldn't it be the easy one like the Pacific.

Add in whatever else we are getting. Team on paper should tear up the league. Yet they are in the Death Division, there is a lot of teams to kill in order to make the playoffs. Why couldn't it be the easy one like the Pacific.
    lol Pacific was only really weak this year though Edmonton, Van and us have been shitting it up pretty solidly for a few years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Big Laine fan here indeed. I would love to have seen Puljujarvi at the WC, but I guess he's injured?
    Nope, not injured. Just not good enough for the WC team yet. Puljujärvi is in the same category with the potential as Matthews and Laine, but if you look at the player skill level right now, far from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol Pacific was only really weak this year though Edmonton, Van and us have been shitting it up pretty solidly for a few years.
    It'll be a few years before Edmonton gets their shit together. Calgary just needs a goalie and they're good. Oh Vancouver, after enjoying the fruits of playoff hockey for so long. I hope you enjoy your time at the bottom for many many years to come.

All will be well in the West in a few years. With at least 3 Canadian teams making the playoffs. The east is an entirely different story.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you started quite the shit show in Gen OT. Have to do something now that you're stuck with the NDP in Alberta eh Tradewind?

It'll be a few years before Edmonton gets their shit together. Calgary just needs a goalie and they're good. Oh Vancouver, after enjoying the fruits of playoff hockey for so long. I hope you enjoy your time at the bottom for many many years to come.

All will be well in the West in a few years. With at least 3 Canadian teams making the playoffs. The east is an entirely different story.

Also, you started quite the shit show in Gen OT. Have to do something now that you're stuck with the NDP in Alberta eh Tradewind?
    A goalie and a new coach heh. Need someone who can take these young guys to the next level. Hartley did an ok job teaching them systems and work ethic etc, but now they need someone who can teach them how to win.

I am just being a good samaritan and sharing my love for science.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Winnipeg has the hard division, but honestly, Dallas should be easymode to climb over, it's a matter of destroying teams in the Pacific like Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary that would really help Winnipeg make the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    A goalie and a new coach heh. Need someone who can take these young guys to the next level. Hartley did an ok job teaching them systems and work ethic etc, but now they need someone who can teach them how to win.

I am just being a good samaritan and sharing my love for science.
    Get the Walrus in there. If only because I want to see the dudes who dress up like Statler and Waldorf at Jets games. I believe the Jets organization also keeps the cut-out of Torts yelling on hand too.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Big Laine fan here indeed. I would love to have seen Puljujarvi at the WC, but I guess he's injured?

Wrong attitude for in here This is to talk and celebrate hockey, the best game in the world, not getting mad at people you think are clueless as fuck
    I think Laine and Puljujarvi are the biggest European prospects in terms of hype and skill ceiling since the days when guys like Forsberg and Sundin were getting drafted, but maybe it has more to do with exposure as well. If you don't count guys like Malkin and Ovechkin when they got drafted since they are Russian, I can't think of many guys coming out of Europe the last decade or more that has had as much hype. Sure, us Leafs fans are hyped to see why Nylander can do, but his father was an NHLer and he spent most of his youth playing hockey in North America. I still think all 3 players in this years draft are going to be franchise players, even if people don't think Auston Matthews is as good as McDavid or even Jack Eichel, he will be a big impact player. I honestly wonder if the Leafs are leaning more towards Laine just because he has been a beast in this tournament and plays with more of an edge.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2016-05-20 at 12:58 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Better hope the "horrible roster" of the US doesn't beat Canada on Saturday then. Might be embarrassing.
    Not gonna be embarrassing at all, I don't give a fuck if Canada wins or loses this tournament lol. I'm stating facts, the US team is not good what so ever, their best player hasn't played a single game in the NHL.

- - - Updated - - -

Jets don't make the playoffs in the Pacific either ????? Defense isn't good enough and the goaltending isn't there either imo. I love the Jets and all but I don't see the defensive zone work matching up well enough to be a terror of a team yet. Laine will help but he is horrendous in the defensive zone. I feel like every Jets game I've ever watched was a blowout either way or an offensive showdown. I'm also not convinced they don't pick Puljujarvi over Laine. Everyone is so hyped up on recency bias that they are overlooking Pulju. He is a better skater, he's better defensively while not being too far behind as far as scoring goes. Laine's shot blows him out of the water but I feel like Puljujarvi is a player you win with.

Biggest thing the Jets are missing is a top line center. Little is a great player and all, same with Mark Scheifele but I don't seem them as dominant #1 centers. Moreso 1a 1b guys. That can work (ie St Louis) but every team who wins the cup has to have that elite centerman and that's the end goal.

(I realize I sound like a douche trying to just shit on the Jets but I consider myself a realistic hockey fan)

- - - Updated - - -

I think Laine and Puljujarvi are the biggest European prospects in terms of hype and skill ceiling since the days when guys like Forsberg and Sundin were getting drafted, but maybe it has more to do with exposure as well. If you don't count guys like Malkin and Ovechkin when they got drafted since they are Russian, I can't think of many guys coming out of Europe the last decade or more that has had as much hype. Sure, us Leafs fans are hyped to see why Nylander can do, but his father was an NHLer and he spent most of his youth playing hockey in North America. I still think all 3 players in this years draft are going to be franchise players, even if people don't think Auston Matthews is as good as McDavid or even Jack Eichel, he will be a big impact player. I honestly wonder if the Leafs are leaning more towards Laine just because he has been a beast in this tournament and plays with more of an edge.
    Matthews doesn't deserve to be in the same thought as McDavid
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2016-05-20 at 01:35 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Not gonna be embarrassing at all, I don't give a fuck if Canada wins or loses this tournament lol. I'm stating facts, the US team is not good what so ever, their best player hasn't played a single game in the NHL.

- - - Updated - - -

Jets don't make the playoffs in the Pacific either ????? Defense isn't good enough and the goaltending isn't there either imo. I love the Jets and all but I don't see the defensive zone work matching up well enough to be a terror of a team yet. Laine will help but he is horrendous in the defensive zone. I feel like every Jets game I've ever watched was a blowout either way or an offensive showdown. I'm also not convinced they don't pick Puljujarvi over Laine. Everyone is so hyped up on recency bias that they are overlooking Pulju. He is a better skater, he's better defensively while not being too far behind as far as scoring goes. Laine's shot blows him out of the water but I feel like Puljujarvi is a player you win with.

Biggest thing the Jets are missing is a top line center. Little is a great player and all, same with Mark Scheifele but I don't seem them as dominant #1 centers. Moreso 1a 1b guys. That can work (ie St Louis) but every team who wins the cup has to have that elite centerman and that's the end goal.

(I realize I sound like a douche trying to just shit on the Jets but I consider myself a realistic hockey fan)

- - - Updated - - -

Matthews doesn't deserve to be in the same thought as McDavid
    All that matters is who wins a Cup first, and right now I'd be willing to think that the Leafs have a better future right now than the Oilers do.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    All that matters is who wins a Cup first, and right now I'd be willing to think that the Leafs have a better future right now than the Oilers do.
    I'll take neither wins a cup before the Flames!

10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well enjoy being friends now. We won't be when they are competitive.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well enjoy being friends now. We won't be when they are competitive.
    I know right, so many Canadian franchises are on the up and up. 2-3 years from now I expect Flames, Jets, Leafs, (lol) Oilers to all be semi competitive at least for making the playoffs. Canucks could be good but I don't trust Benning, Canadiens will be as good as Price lets them do, and the Sens will be as good as the East lets them be.

St. Louis has gotten stuck playing San Jose's game and if they don't figure out how to slow them down they are done.

10+ Year Old Account
    As good a coach as Hitchcock is, he seldom seems able to right the ship once the series turns the wrong way, as evidenced by the number of 4 game losing streaks he has in recent postseasons. That trend in mind, I'd be surprised if they make it past game 5 at this rate.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    San Jose looks damn good right now. They're so damn deep too, Pavelski, Thorton, Couture, Burns, Marleau, Joel Ward, Vlasic. Solid group right there from top to bottom. Both series look like one team is in definite control but we're only 3 games in. St Louis is gonna be a hard team to close out and the same can be said for Tampa Bay but I expect the Blues to tie their series up whereas I'm not sure the Lightning will. I like the sounds of a Sharks - Penguins final, good matchups on both sides. Guess we'll know more after the weekend ends!

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be awesome if it's finally the Sharks year to win. After years of running into juggernaut teams in the playoffs. This year pretty much everyone finally wrote them off and things all of a sudden come together for them.

The only reason I think Pittsburgh could give them fits is because they play a more up tempo game, probably more so than Nashville did and we took them to 7. Pittsburgh has better scorers than we did too.