Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    In addition, all the other glyphs of all the other classes which change the appearance of the spells, doesn't change their schools, so it would feel arbitrary.
    All the more reason to simply have it be a cosmetic glyph. The spell remains Ice Barrier, it remains frost school, but you could color it differently. Blizzards argument rings hollow to many because they are already doing it on other classes - so to say it'd be too confusing to do it on mage abilities is just BS, and honestly insulting to the intelligence of pvper's (omg that bubble on the mage is red instead of blue...what could it be? Let me stand here and ponder this mystery)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    All the more reason to simply have it be a cosmetic glyph. The spell remains Ice Barrier, it remains frost school, but you could color it differently. Blizzards argument rings hollow to many because they are already doing it on other classes - so to say it'd be too confusing to do it on mage abilities is just BS, and honestly insulting to the intelligence of pvper's (omg that bubble on the mage is red instead of blue...what could it be? Let me stand here and ponder this mystery)
    This summarizes what I think, but there are still some of us who find it logical for mages to not have them, strangely. It seems simple to me, but maybe it is just my simple mind the issue here. I mean it insults our intelligence for real lol. It could not be more obvious.

I mean, I don't even care about it that much. It just messes with the left coherent structures of my mind to think that it is logical.

(omg that bubble on the mage is red instead of blue...what could it be? Let me stand here and ponder this mystery)
    Stories of Jake, a Fury Warrior, pretending to talk to Carl (in reality, he is speaking with his alter ego).

8.00 AM. Illogical case 1: OMG Carl that mage has a fire bubble *dies by heart attack*.

8.05 AM. Illogical case 2 (it seems he survived the heart attack): That DK has a frost bubble, Carl. That beach thinks to fool me? I know their AMS can be glyphed to have blood or unholy appearance. I also know that their pet can be a Ghoul or a Skeleton or a Geist. Obviously I also know that their Army of the Dead can be composed of Ghouls or by everything else, basicallly. Do I have to add that their Path of Frost can assume many forms? Oh, sorry, I forgot to tell you that I have a PHD in DKology, Carl. Every WoW player have a PHD in DKology Carl, and a PHD in Pallology, Warology, Hunterology, Shamanology, Druidology, Rogueology, Monkology, Lockology and Priestology. I am studying to take a PHD in DHology, Carl. What about a mageology, Jake? *dies by heart attack and didn't survive, confirmed*.
    Last edited by Seneca; 2016-05-19 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I'm repetitive, but all those problems related with spec identity can be solved easily by providing to each spec a completely different spell, not only graphically, but also functionally. This way the spec identity would be reinforced greatly, as for example:

• Frost Mages -> The current [Ice Barrier]
    • Arcane Mages -> [Rewind Time] (basically the [Alter Time] we have on live but without the "save position" part)
    • Fire Mages -> [Cauterize] (a sort of heal ability as I already explained here)

Or even, we can maintain [Ice Barrier] as a baseline spell for the three specs, but thanks to a certain artifact trait (instead of by using cosmetic glyphs) [Ice Barrier] could be improved and graphically modified, as for example as I said here (in fact the arcane artifact already has a "Mana Shield" trait to improve [Ice Barrier]).

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I interrupt today's meaningless arguments for exciting news: legendary effects changed.

Same item/spell pairings, just new/added effects:

Increases Dragon's Breath's damage by 100% and range by 25 yards.

Scorch deals 250% increased damage against enemies below 25% health.

Frozen Orb increases the damage of your next Blizzard by 20%, stacking up to 5 times.

After consuming Hot Streak, there is a 20% chance that your next non-instant Pyroblast cast within 15 sec deals 200% additional damage.

Your Time Warp does not cause Temporal Displacement on yourself and is not affected by Temporal Displacement or similar effects on yourself.

So we see Blizzard in ST, even outside of Arctic Gale; Scorch execute play; Dragon's Breath definitely used rotationally; hardcast Pyro worthwhile; and Time Warp is a personal cooldown rather than a raid cooldown. Hope you have Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    It seems the calls of people here that dragon's breath damage was too high on single target were heard. Kek. How does it play really, is it part of the regular rotation now?

Fire gets execute! That sounds like an extremely critical change. Will it make it very potent at the end of the fight, and the spec that is best on long fights now?

I start getting a mild suspicion that fire will be very popular, above arcane.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope you have Shaman.
    Oh is that how it works? I thought at first it might not give a debuff on regular bloodlust, but that would be silly I guess and too OP. Uhm, can't the hunters bloodlust now without penalties?

I interrupt today's meaningless arguments for exciting news: legendary effects changed.

Getting hyped up.

Nice, Dragon Breath is worth using again !

YES. THAT is what this item was supposed to be, as I said when I tested it, Scorch did not need crit but damage. Also changes the rotation and gameplay, which I'm 100% for.

Frozen Orb increases the damage of your next Blizzard by 20%, stacking up to 5 times.
    Alright, I don't have a grasp on the stacking mechanic yet, but it seems interesting. Blizzard might become a rotational spell even in ST.

After consuming Hot Streak, there is a 20% chance that your next non-instant Pyroblast cast within 15 sec deals 200% additional damage.
    OMG YES. YES YES YES. I was SO disappointed with this item, this one is MUCH better. We get a PVE version of Greater Pyroblast (kinda), more time to use the proc, gameplay change, THANK YOU. 20% _might_ be a bit low but overall it should be a nice DPS boost.

Your Time Warp does not cause Temporal Displacement on yourself and is not affected by Temporal Displacement or similar effects on yourself.
    This buff is great and wasn't even needed. Basically we can get two BL in one fight, assuming we have two classes capable of casting it.

So we see Blizzard in ST, even outside of Arctic Gale; Scorch execute play; Dragon's Breath definitely used rotationally; hardcast Pyro worthwhile; and Time Warp is a personal cooldown rather than a raid cooldown. Hope you have Shaman.
    TW does not become a personal cooldown : its effect still affects the entire raid, but when you cast it, it ignores the Exhaustion effect on yourself.

So we could do this :

At pull, someone else other than you casts BL
    You get 10 min debuff.
    Whenever you want, cast TW for a second BL
    Unaffected by debuff, second BL whoohoo.

It even works if you have only 2 mages :

Mage 1 casts TW, 10 min debuff on everyone except himself
    Mage 2 casts TW whenever, both gets BL because Mage 1 does not have debuff and Mage 2 debuff is ignored.

HELL YEAH ! Looking forward to test everything !

I'm...
    I'm not sure what it is...

But something with playing Casters (Specifically Mages in this context) feels... Off... Arcane, Fire, Frost... Been playing on the Beta for a little bit, and Mage just seems really weak to me, and slow.

The damage per spell doesn't feel very satisfying or "Meaty" as some people have began to start saying. And the casting seems... Sluggish?... Somewhat hard to explain.

Not Latency; But Casting just doesn't seem right to me, with how it feels on Live. :S

Might be that I've just been use to playing as a Melee character recently on the Beta?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Incredible changes. Execute for fire mages!

Pyro legendary still meh. Instead of hardcasting pyro - I can fit 3 firebals or 2 firebals + instant pyro.
    My solution:
    After consuming Hot Streak, there is a 33% chance that your next instant Pyroblast cast within 15 sec deals Triple the normal ignite damage. (insert tuning here, maybe quadruple or higher chance)

And I still want to see legendary for our pet (frost spec obviously)
    Last edited by EliteNightKnight; 2016-05-20 at 09:02 AM.

Deleted
    I wouldn't be surprised if the history of mages video of Preach lately is what made them think of Time Warp. "You want me to stop DPSing to help you DPS?". "Screw you!".

If the reason is actually close to that, letting a mage dps personally, I don't know what to think about it. It doesn't sound like a strong reason, but it might be there.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-05-20 at 09:07 AM.

Unless I'm missing something here the TW one will be closer to 20 % dps boost? Seems a bit brokenly OP...

I really don't like the time warp and dragon's breath legendary changes. I still think it's a bad idea for a CC spell to ever deal enough damage to enter a single target rotation, and that time warp one just sounds like an incredibly bad idea to allow.

It sounds like you'd have to have someone else in the raid control bloodlust or whatever so that you can properly take advantage of the effect, so if you're the only one in your group that can cast it, you're kind of screwed. But won't that also encourage a hell of a lot more mage stacking in raids? If you take a step back from the "yippee damage boost" aspect of it, is taking a raid buff and also adding a selfish component to it really a good idea?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna say that I think the wording of the Time Warp legendary is weird and confusing. I'm not sure I completely understand the "and is not affected by Temporal Displacement or similar effects on yourself."

So our own Time Warp doesn't debuff us, ok. Does that mean we are or aren't affected by other Mages' Temporal Displacements or Shamans' Sated?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarm View Post
    I really don't like the time warp and dragon's breath legendary changes. I still think it's a bad idea for a CC spell to ever deal enough damage to enter a single target rotation, and that time warp one just sounds like an incredibly bad idea to allow.

It sounds like you'd have to have someone else in the raid control bloodlust or whatever so that you can properly take advantage of the effect, so if you're the only one in your group that can cast it, you're kind of screwed. But won't that also encourage a hell of a lot more mage stacking in raids? If you take a step back from the "yippee damage boost" aspect of it, is taking a raid buff and also adding a selfish component to it really a good idea?
    Oh only after reading your post I realized 20 man mythic raid = 2 random tanks 3-4 shaman healers and rest only mages. Perma bloodlust/hero for whole fight.
    Expect this legendary to be changed again.

The way I read it, it wouldn't be a permanent bloodlust effect. You'd get the main one from a shaman if available, then one of your own, then another one of yours if the fight lasts another 5 minutes. You won't get additional Time Warps from other mages because you'll have the debuff, and only your own use of the spell would ignore that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarm View Post
    The way I read it, it wouldn't be a permanent bloodlust effect. You'd get the main one from a shaman if available, then one of your own, then another one of yours if the fight lasts another 5 minutes. You won't get additional Time Warps from other mages because you'll have the debuff, and only your own use of the spell would ignore that.
    Basically mage with this legendary cannot be debuffed with hero/lust. What that means is you can stack whole raid with mages only and chain hero/lust and maintain 30% haste bonus for whole fight, for mages only obviously.

I guess blizzard missed this "clever use of game mechanics" (again). Good news it's only beta

Quote Originally Posted by EliteNightKnight View Post
    Basically mage with this legendary cannot be debuffed with hero/lust. What that means is you can stack whole raid with mages only and chain hero/lust and maintain 30% haste bonus for whole fight, for mages only obviously.

I guess blizzard missed this "clever use of game mechanics" (again). Good news it's only beta
    not really what it means at all, since its only your own personal Time Warp spell that does not give you a debuff - receiving the haste buff from any type of spell that is cast by another player (including another mage) will continue to give you the usual debuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    not really what it means at all, since its only your own personal Time Warp spell that does not give you a debuff - receiving the haste buff from any type of spell that is cast by another player (including another mage) will continue to give you the usual debuff

Quote Originally Posted by EliteNightKnight View Post
    you bolded the wrong part

your own personal Time Warp does not give you the sated debuff
    your own personal Time Warp also ignores your own sated debuff if you gained the debuff from another player
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-05-20 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    you bolded the wrong part
    Explain this please for me than "not affected by Temporal Displacement or similar effects on yourself."

Deleted
    Hehe. OK I think we're exaggerating a bit about this subject because of a basic factor. That effect is only from a legendary, and that legendary will probably not be that useful a lot of the time if others can replace it.