Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mekkatorque Suit = Potential Gnome Equivalent to Sky Golem?

Hello friends! As I'm sure you've all seen on the main page by now, it would seem that our dear friend Gelbin will be utilizing a pretty cool armored suit for the Broken Shore scenario. If you haven't seen it yet, I'll post it below. My question is; do you think Blizz might add it (or a recolor) as an engineering mount down the road? Would you like to have it as a mount or no?

Coming from the Tinker thread to seeing Gelbin in a big war suit makes me die a little inside.

But yes, I can see that as Sky Golem 2.0. Why the Blood Elf crest on the chest though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Coming from the Tinker thread to seeing Gelbin in a big war suit makes me die a little inside.

But yes, I can see that as Sky Golem 2.0. Why the Blood Elf crest on the chest though?
    I'm a little confused by the emblem as well. I thought a gear or something would be more fitting.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look, it's a very cool mecha. But it's Mekkatorque's mecha. IMO it's awesomeness also lives in the fact that it's only used by Mekkatorque - it's unique. Getting it as a mount, while very awesome, would diminish the value - same thing with a... "Deathwing" mount, for example.

And for the emblem, it isn't the Silvermoon bird, it's more related to the gnome/dwarf siege machine, which have some eagle-like emblematics and thematics. AND it's on the top of the Gnome symbol for WoW:

The gear would also be a good symbol, but it's already represented in the model by... it's own gears and machinations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    Look, it's a very cool mecha. But it's Mekkatorque's mecha. IMO it's awesomeness also lives in the fact that it's only used by Mekkatorque - it's unique. Getting it as a mount, while very awesome, would diminish the value - same thing with a... "Deathwing" mount, for example.

And for the emblem, it isn't the Silvermoon bird, it's more related to the gnome/dwarf siege machine, which have some eagle-like emblematics and thematics. AND it's on the top of the Gnome symbol for WoW:

The gear would also be a good symbol, but it's already represented in the model by... it's own gears and machinations.
    Ahhh that makes more sense. My eye has always been drawn to those nifty wrenches. And I see what you mean. I wouldn't be devastated at all if they kept it unique to Mekkatorque. HE deserves something cool! The cynic in me though believes Blizzard wouldn't make a unique model for something like this unless they intended to get a lot of use out of it...

However, because it specifically has a part of the Icon of Technology on it, maybe it will stay unique!
    Last edited by Kelthos; 2016-05-20 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    A recolour of this should be the 350 mounts reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Hello friends! As I'm sure you've all seen on the main page by now, it would seem that our dear friend Gelbin will be utilizing a pretty cool armored suit for the Broken Shore scenario. If you haven't seen it yet, I'll post it below. My question is; do you think Blizz might add it (or a recolor) as an engineering mount down the road? Would you like to have it as a mount or no?

if i had to guess, the name is probably an obvious giveaway for our dear high tinker's sweg suit of battle, here's hoping he smites many demons with electric justice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    if i had to guess, the name is probably an obvious giveaway for our dear high tinker's sweg suit of battle, here's hoping he smites many demons with electric justice!
    Hopefully he has more luck than poor Electrocutioner 6000 did.

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems like it has a unique rig, so I can only imagine that it'll be repurposed for a mount available to players at some point, probably with a different model or skin.

Deleted
    The symbol is odd...

Does remind me of some sort of ultramarine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The symbol is odd...

Actually, since it's an eagle, it should remind you more of the Emperor's children. The only legion given the honour of wearing it
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Actually, since it's an eagle, it should remind you more of the Emperor's children. The only legion given the honour of wearing it
    My Warhammer knowledge is very limited

My Warhammer knowledge is very limited
    Well, most chapters wear it now, since after the Emperor was put on his throne, the ultramarines did eveyrthing they could to take control
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The symbol is odd...

Mekkatorque will go full Astartes on those demonic butts.

He's the precursor of the Terran technology now.

inb4 heroic gnomeregan in 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post

Wow never noticed that! But a golden bird... Doesn't make sense for Gnomes. I always thought that was the jaws to a wrench.

They wouldn't just add this in as a mount. It's a racial leader. They want him to look unique.

However, this helps me believe in the future of Tinkers.

it is just a bird emblem on the suit

- - - Updated - - -

gnomes are a fraction of the size most of the legion demons. nice to see they are doing something so they can at least compete sizewise. otherwise, squish. gnomehoofjam. gnomes can't get punted with that suit. they should mass produce them.
    Last edited by Chipskunk; 2016-05-20 at 01:31 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow never noticed that! But a golden bird... Doesn't make sense for Gnomes. I always thought that was the jaws to a wrench.
    Again, I think the golden bird is referencing the Siege Engine:

The High Tinker made the prototype of those engines (since the third war I belive). I don't know why there's a eagle, probably a reference to the Wildhammer, or maybe it has some other meaning in Gnome culture - intelect give you wings? Or maybe it's a symbol related to the land where they settled? Who knows

But yeah, Gnomes/Dwarves + Eagles have some weird connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, it would make a cool mount, and it does look like a cool gnomish counterpart to the sky golem's more goblin design, but I can't be sure it would actually be made into a mount anytime soon.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2016-05-20 at 06:15 PM.