Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Trumps wins NRA endorsement, blasts Clinton on gun stance at forum

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...l?intcmp=hpbt1

The National Rifle Association threw its weight Friday behind Donald Trump, as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee personally assured the group’s members he would protect Second Amendment rights if elected – and claimed that likely Democratic rival Hillary Clinton would erode them.

The billionaire businessman and leaders of the nation’s powerful gun lobby joined forces as they amplified warnings that the Supreme Court vacancy only raises the stakes for gun owners in this election. Trump, speaking to the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action) leadership forum in Louisville, Ky., even challenged Clinton on Friday to release a list of her potential Supreme Court nominees, after he did so earlier this week.

“Hillary Clinton wants to abolish the Second Amendment,” Trump alleged.

He addressed the NRA-ILA forum moments after Executive Director Chris Cox announced the group’s Trump endorsement.

In a written statement, Cox also said: "The stakes in this year's presidential election could not be higher for gun owners. If Hillary Clinton gets the opportunity to replace Antonin Scalia with an anti-gun Supreme Court justice, we will lose the individual right to keep a gun in the home for self-defense. … So the choice for gun owners in this election is clear. And that choice is Donald Trump.”

The NRA's endorsement comes significantly earlier in the election cycle than previous endorsements by the group. The group did not endorse 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney until October 2012.
    2016 Election Headquarters

The latest headlines on the 2016 elections from the biggest name in politics.
    See Latest Coverage →

However, officials told Fox News ahead of the announcement there is an excitement for Trump among their members that they did not see for Romney or 2008 nominee Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

Trump, who often notes that he has a concealed-carry permit, has called for making it easier for law-abiding citizens to carry guns for self-protection, saying they could help prevent terrorist attacks and mass shootings. He argues the existing background check system should be fixed, not expanded, and that assault-weapons bans do not work.

The latter view marks a change from 2000, when Trump wrote in a book that he supported the ban on assault weapons as well as a slightly longer waiting period for gun purchases.

The NRA has been painting Hillary Clinton as a significant threat to the Second Amendment. Both Cox and CEO Wayne LaPierre spent much of their speeches attacking Clinton and warning of dire consequences if she is allowed to appoint a Supreme Court justice to the vacant seat.

“Every total gun ban she dreams, every confiscation scheme that she craves will stand up in her court, and we’ll all be kissing our Second Amendment freedom goodbye," LaPierre said.

Clinton will appear Saturday in Florida with the mother of Trayvon Martin and other parents who have lost children to gun violence. She's become a forceful advocate for restrictions meant to reduce the nation's 33,000 annual gun deaths.

Fox News’ John Roberts and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Deleted
    TL;DR

What's the summary

10+ Year Old Account
    What? The NRA endorsed the GOP candidate? Shocking!

Equally shocking is Trump using over the top rhetoric like Hillary wanting to repeat the 2nd amendment.

Which of course begs the question -- what is there to discuss here?

I wrote this in Trump Megathread (I guess that thread is dead). In first 5 minutes Trump talked about; 1) His sons being long time members of NRA. He then goes on a riff about his sons own so many guns, it scares him sometimes. Classic. 2) He said Hillary is going to abolish the 2nd Amendment. I mean said; "fuck it" I might as well lie big.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

Equally shocking is Trump using over the top rhetoric like Hillary wanting to repeat the 2nd amendment.

ummm we discuss.......why some one bother to post this?!?! I guess..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    TL;DR

What's the summary
    Trump is a republican.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

How having the same policy as every GOP candidate, makes Trump anti-establishment?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So TLDR: "Gun-fanatics support republicans, know democrats want to take away their guns."

What else is new?

It's right here!
    A bit more honest.

Trump says whatever he thinks his supporters want to hear.

More at 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Oh right-wingers never change. Your completely lack of any ideological conviction make you guys you. While I don't think Trump would do anything to overturn the 2A, the same applies to Hillary. But she's not on "your team" and we get that.

And we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of politics.
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...54630047199232

Last edited by Jimmy Woods; 2016-05-20 at 08:15 PM.

It's pretty much a given the Republicans are going to get the National Rifle Association endorsement. I can't ever think of a time the Democrats got it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    Oh right-wingers never change. Your completely lack of any ideological conviction make you guys you. While I don't think Trump would do anything to overturn the 2A, the same applies to Hillary. But she's not on "your team" and we get that.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...54630047199232

LOL

They are probably just playing the overactive fear center of the average conservative brain, but remember that time Obama snuck in during the middle of the night and took all their guns away?

They need to stay vigilant lest it ever happen again! More toddlers with guns is the answer.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

What's so fucking special about your 2nd amendment anyway? Will the entire counry dissolve if it's gone?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What's so fucking special about your 2nd amendment anyway? Will the entire counry dissolve if it's gone?
    Oh noes, you've just opened a can of worms the long string of conspiration theories will bite you for pages.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2016-05-20 at 08:49 PM.

without the 2nd amendment the country would be destroyed

that's why every country on Earth with strict gun laws has fallen apart and no longer exists

Lemme see, from the videos ive seen from this very forum and a bunch seen from The Daily Show, apparently the very second the 2nd amendment is removed all criminals will start shooting up every hospital, school and other public place because there is no civilian with a gun to protect them... or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump is a republican.
    Trump is as much Republican as I am from the planet Melmak.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You cat-eating monster!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Planet Melmak is financing your presidential bid and will hold a convention announcing you as their presidential candidate?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Obama would start executing christians on the streets. Initiating the white genocide.

Infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-05-21 at 02:53 AM.