Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think at this point the devs come here just to read Rym's posts and do the opposite. Pretty smart business move tbh.

Exclusive rewards drive gamers - it's nothing new and nothing about it has changed in the past 30 years. If you want said rewards you should go out and earn them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    So if Mr. Feasle tells you to jump of a bridge you do it aswell?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    So if Mr. Feasle tells you to jump of a bridge you do it aswell?
    No, but i would play a gnome hunter if he implements it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, the basis of my argument currently is the fact that a new unique mount needs up to weeks or months. And is therefore an expensive asset. And i base my argument on a quote from the very great Mr. Feasle.
    It takes mythic raiders months to get, so why should it be available in slightly different colour (which often ends as better looking) for free first week? Anyone can get mythic raider mounts, even as solo player who never stepped in dungeon. Just whisper random raiding guild which is already finished with content, pay them and you ll have it.

WoD mastered "everything optional with no reason to play" gameplay. Almost everything which in the past required some effort and ppl to play the game were given for free and to everyone - "now you dont have to do anything, and anything you do ll have no impact on you, enjoy". So, very soon a lot of ppl managed to do, what in the past was achieved by very small fraction - completing all content.

If you want to compare it to the gym, the one who put in more effort would deserve gym tools any other customer wont deserve. While that doesnt happen. Everyone may use every single tool available in your gym. Based on his monthly payment.
    You just answered everyone's argument against you.

You have the tool to do mythic raiding yourself. Blizzard hasn't put an invisible wall in front of you to prevent you from that. The only person stopping you from doing so is yourself. You're not putting in the effort for that, for whatever reason. Maybe you work full time, maybe you have a family. Ok sure. Well guess what. Blizzard doesn't care about that. That is not their problem.

You pay for equal opportunity, and you get it.

On another note, get rid of mythic gear then. I'd much rather have semi-exclusive mounts than gear that's obsolete by next tier. Given that mythic gear are just reskins of lfr (was?)/normal/heroic, what makes you even think that mythic gear should be our only reward for mythic raiding? Let's get rid of mythic end boss titles too. Can I have bloodsail admiral while we're at it? I may have the opportunity to farm for it, but you know, with raiding and pet battles I just don't have enough time to get it.
    C'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient nímporte qui.

Basicly you want the same mount but in a different color while never stepping into the raid? Let mythic raiders have their trophy same way Gladiators have theirs.

Deleted
    I would like to remove nothing, if possible. There should be mounts in mythic as there should be gear in mythic. But noone is really severly hurt if the other difficulties drop a mount which is based on the same assets in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Runedeath1 View Post
    Source?

Also same could be argued for glad only mounts, which are for even fewer players. Some mounts are meant to be a little rare and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Exactly this. I don't know why people think they need access to literally everything that's ever been in the game. The BMAH was a huge slap in the face to veteran players who obtained gear when the current whining, entitled group weren't even playing. Somehow priests and mages can now walk around with my warlock T3 that should be unobtainable, riding around my Swift Razzashi Raptor that should also be unobtainable. If my glad mounts become obtainable somehow, that's really going to rub me the wrong way.

What's the purpose of having those things remain unobtainable? It's simply a thank you to those that have stuck around through the good and the bad. Blizzard does this in every other game when people pre-order, but 12 years of playing WoW isn't enough to have unique stuff? Pretty minor gripe I have with the game right now, but unobtainable gear on the BMAH is something I don't think should have happened. It's not something that makes me want to quit by any means, but I think it's kinda a slap in the face to the veterans of the game that helped make these expansions possible for the current community to play. I never complain when I miss out on a time-limited reward because if I'm enjoying the game, I don't need to have it.

So, yes, the mythic only mount is completely justified. I'll never get the mount but honestly... why the hell would I even care? Find another mount you like and stop being a loot hoarder. If you enjoy the game, you don't fucking need the mount or a reskin of the mount. I understand that even more resources were spent on mythic raiding shit, which is unfortunate, but let's not act like a single mount takes away a ton of resources. You're not getting your own unique mounts because they want you to purchase them from the store now. If you want to complain about getting mounts, complain about paying $15 a month on top of whatever else it costs to buy a mount from the in-game store.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Yes there should be, because the people that world the hardest in the raiding and PVP settings deserve individual rewards to show others they are near the best. The highest level of play deserves the highest level of rewards, if you want them then get better at the game.
    This is all there is to it. Why should people strive to be the best in PvE or PvP if they don't get rewarded appropriately for their efforts?

Some things in an MMO should be rare and hard to obtain. It gives other players something to look up to and strive towards. It makes the game more interesting.

Only in today's entitlement generation, that wants a trophy just for participating, would I see a complaint like the OP.

Because we're all winners just for being able to step into Mythic, right?

I would like to remove nothing, if possible. There should be mounts in mythic as there should be gear in mythic. But noone is really severly hurt if the other difficulties drop a mount which is based on the same assets in general.

that happened with Dragon Soul and everyone hated it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which still would be the case if the mount also was available in grey and not in white in lower difficulties. As this special mythic mount also rewards you the title "Great mythic boss slayer of <expac>"

No, my logic is, that every difficulty should have a unique version of the mount, with own colors and more special additions or features in higher difficulties.

But you see the difference between collecting 150 pets and completing mythic raids?

Dont compare apples to oranges.
    Oh wow, Mythic mount having unique features? That's such a great idea! Except they already do that. The Mythic Blackhand mount is a clefthoof with armor. You can get other Clefthoof mounts elsewhere. The Archimonde mount is a mech that you ride, just like the Sky Golem that you get from Engineering.

And no, normal and heroic should not get a different colored version of the Mythic mount because they already get mounts of their own or are you forgetting the Infernal Direwolf or the Grove Warden? Why would you want different colored mounts when you can have your own unique model? So you're advocating for less models added to the game? Blizz must love you. You're making their job awfully easy.

Also, the only reason it's apples and oranges is because you want it to be. Raiders can't have shit to themselves, but pet battlers, loremasters, and the like totally can... yeah that's a very unbiased opinion.

Blizz has already spoken. Questing and dungeons are the only activities that the majority participates in. Everything else is a minority activity, so if raiders can't have exclusive mounts or models, then no aspect of the game should except quests and dungeons. Seems like a wonderful idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defect View Post
    that happened with Dragon Soul and everyone hated it.
    Thats the problem with "everyone"-arguments. I just could answer with "How do you know what everyone does"..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Oh wow, Mythic mount having unique features? That's such a great idea! Except they already do that. The Mythic Blackhand mount is a clefthoof with armor. You can get other Clefthoof mounts elsewhere. The Archimonde mount is a mech that you ride, just like the Sky Golem that you get from Engineering.
    Yeah, and it seems that is going to change. If i may refer to Mr. Hazzikostas latest interview with Jesse Cox as host. Or Blizzard hosting Jesse Cox? Not sure.. Probably they should hire Jesse Cox as CM.. but that just on a side note..

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Raiders can't have shit to themselves, but pet battlers, loremasters, and the like totally can... yeah that's a very unbiased opinion.
    No, if i talk about reusing assets for more gamestyles, i actually think about all assets. No matter if they are limited to a few based on skill or preference.

Deleted
    Doing "nothing" should be rewarded while clearing mythic shouldnt be? *grabs popcorn*

Deleted
    Thats the problem with "everyone"-arguments. I just could answer with "How do you know what everyone does"..

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and it seems that is going to change. If i may refer to Mr. Hazzikostas latest interview with Jesse Cox as host. Or Blizzard hosting Jesse Cox? Not sure.. Probably they should hire Jesse Cox as CM.. but that just on a side note..

No, if i talk about reusing assets for more gamestyles, i actually think about all assets. No matter if they are limited to a few based on skill or preference.

And how doy ou know that everyone doesnt?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    And how doy ou know that everyone doesnt?
    https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/..._Non_Existence

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleks View Post
    Doing "nothing" should be rewarded while clearing mythic shouldnt be? *grabs popcorn*
    Eat some tiramisu on top of that. No, doing nothing still would not be rewarding. And mythic raids still would be rewarding.

First off the bosses will be killed by small groups next expansion, just like plenty of the current raid drop mounts. Pretty hardcore communist game design OP is calling for, essentially the removal of character progression which has pretty much happened already, hence more activity on these forums then in the game world. Pretty much a nonissue in absolutely every sense of the word. Also both mounts are pretty basic reskins of mounts already in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Pretty hardcore communist game design OP is calling for
    Sorry, please help me, where did i ask for the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money, and the state?

And please point me out to where i talk about dialectical materialism?

And is the political class in this case blizzard which let us work at the game assembly line? I hope not, because if, i am surely the first to create the "communist marxist worker party of ironforge" next time i should play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading through all this stuff, rym you know that most high end mounts were produced in pretty little time?

Lets have a look at the HFC Mythic Mount:

Skeleton -> Sky Golem
    Model/Textures -> Iron Reaver
    + Minor adjustment for the head to give a place were you can sit.

on the blackfuse mount they added a little bit stuff but not that much, garrosh mount ? skeleton was already there, model too, just some minor adjusments.

These Mounts are al unique, at least the skins in being a mount, but there are almost none that are absolutely exclusive because the models and skeletons did already exists before in form of npc and monster. im not sure but i think invicible form the lich king might be the only mount that has a absolutely unique texture. im not sure if the skeleton was there before but it got used a few times after invicble.

So saying that i takes huge amounts of time to create a Mythic only mount is just stupid.......

The Models were already there, the skeletons were already there.
    Resizing a mob an adding a place to sit is not that much work at all.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    Reading through all this stuff, rym you know that most high end mounts were produced in pretty little time?
    Were they? How do you know?

Are you working for blizzard?