Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    He already explained it to you. The skeletons and even textures were already made for those mounts and as someone who has done 3D modeling, it does not take that long. And if most of the work is already done? Even less time.

You also didn't address the point that Normal and Heroic already have unique models that you can't get anywhere else. There's something for everyone, so why are you complaining? Because you feel entitled.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because that's all the art team does, create mounts... no, they create all the other assets as well, which combined takes weeks and months.
    You should honestly stop feeding him. He's either trolling, or blatantly willfully ignorant.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Err I did on a private server using interjection software... While i was the only person who could see it that is half way there no?
    So you are not just a mount designer but also a pirate?

People never cease to amaze me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    You should honestly stop feeding him. He's either trolling, or blatantly willfully ignorant.
    No, i am just extremely amused by all those professional game designers. Really.

- - - Updated - - -

"Ha! Theres no effort in creating mounts! I could do it all in my loo break.. while being on the loo! With one hand holding, one hand painting!"

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    So you are not just a mount designer but also a pirate?

People never cease to amaze me.

- - - Updated - - -

No, i am just extremely amused by all those professional game designers. Really.
    I have many trades. Digital piracy and editing skins are just two of my many talents.

Deleted
    I have many trades. Digital piracy and editing skins are just two of my many talents.
    Surely skills you can build upon. Digital pirate could become modder and editing skins could become creating skins.

Were they? How do you know?

Are you working for blizzard?
    How would you know the opposite. We already know that they reuse things all the time because according to them it cuts back on time making new skeletons animations and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    How would you know the opposite. We already know that they reuse things all the time because according to them it cuts back on time making new skeletons animations and such.
    I only know that i know nothing. Just to get back to philosophy.

Want it? Go and get it. Or wait until you can solo for a low drop rate in later expansions. I've used this philosophy since I started, didn't get Invincible until WoD despite drooling for him in WOTLK.

Exclusivity is good, not everything has to be handed out on a plate to everyone that thinks "Oooh, shiny!!" and wants something instantly. Want better gear, better rewards? Then put in the time and effort to get those things.

I'm all for options and different levels of content, but I'm also 100% for exclusive rewards being behind the highest tiers of content even when it means I may never get them. There's more mounts for everyone to obtain through minimal effort than there are exclusive mounts.

Deleted
    Yes. The vast majority of gamers don't even complete the games they buy. Less than 20% of players from some sources like steam achievements (take that as you may) complete the actual game. Should we not develop an ending to games because not enough people see them?

Also, would you as a mythic raider want to have something taken away from you? How about we take away LFR? It does a lot of harm to the game and the player population so we should remove it...

What is the problem with these mythic mounts? The assets they take up are very small. More goes into a single boss alone on LFR with no abilities than any mount. It's literally not a problem. I would say its worth it because while a lot of players like myself don't really care about the mounts and care more for good boss design and scoring kills, a lot would continue to play months after content is cleared just to get those mounts. I've thought about resubbing to get the hellfire mount and many in my guild did stay subbed for that mount.

Eventually, as expansions progress, you can get it if you really want it. If you wanted the prestige that comes with it, go raid and get it yourself. A lot of guilds are bleeding players and have content on farm, pre-expansion is the perfect time to get one.

People want vanilla and TBC back yet they can't even deal with the modern exclusivity of WoD let alone what little the plebs had back then.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2016-05-20 at 10:13 PM.

You should ask for a job at blizzard then, if you create new mounts from the scratch in 2 or 3 days. Probably they will give you the "mount dev of the year"-award then..

Also its not me who thinks it takes months, its a quote from Mr. Feasels answer to a question how long it takes to create a new mount.
    Pretty sure making a mounts doesn't take months, what probably takes months is getting a model/design approved.

I took 12 units of BASIC 3D design as an elective in college, after 3 months of 6 hrs a week everyone in my class was able to create a fully rigged character from scratch within 2 weeks. Once you have a sketched model of your design imported, im telling you its not really hard with all the tools within the software we had back then to create it. Can't imagine how faster it would take a real professional to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only skeletons and rigging take a long amount of time
    Like i said before most Wow mounts are made from same skeletons but Rym seems to think every mount gets created with a new skeleton, meanwhile the real reason this thread was created was coz of classic rym, everyone should be able to get everything because they pay for it.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-05-20 at 10:12 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I've been riding the same mount of everyone (class mounts withstanding) since they made them account wide. Horseman's Mount forever.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I am just a hobby game designer. Well, but working as a programmer in the industry.
    Lord have mercy..

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    What kind of moronic statement is this? I think you need to learn what exaggeration is, and then quit doing so. That mount is owned by probably 1000 players at most
    Seeing as how 1602 guilds have killed him, some guilds as early as last July, you are quite severely underestimating how many people have the mount. My guild only killed him in January and at that time we were the 755th guild to down him. We have since farmed out 20 mounts. Take a second and actually think about that math.

I think all mounts and sets should be mythic only; I haven't done real raiding since Naxx.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Ok so I used to play in a few Darts tournaments. Every year we get new teams joining the leagues they don't all win trophies.

Since starting my team has won 3 trophies basically Lower league, Mid league and upper league now. We were also given at the end of the season a set of quite expensive darts. Winning L3 you get a tiny badge on a shield which is updated every year and hung in your home pub. Winning league 1 you get the same honor, plus every team member gets a personal engraved trophy and usually a bottle of wine or crate of beer. If you score certain things like most 180s, or greatest amount of 3 dart finishes you get extra prizes.

All this is paid out of the same fees all the league players pay each year to play in said leagues. Nobody in league 3 (lower league) moans that for winning league 1 (highest) you get a better trophy.

Deleted
    Honestly don't see an issue with it ; Being exclusive is a good thing, and if it bothers you, get good.

I wonder, why the devs actually want to limit mounts, which are very expensive assets, to some mythic raiders only, while there would be an easy way to give these mounts to the majority of players just by recoloring them.

Exclusivity for some few players is not really healthy, if a game lacks in content and in usefull extrinsic rewards in total. Actually, organized raiding already gives the best extrinsic rewards to a small minority only, so i really wonder whom should be adressed by shiny mounts, if most of the mythic players are progress-gamers, which see their main benefit in sheer progression?

At the end, the vanity items adress a complete different playerbase. Those that collect cosmetic items, and which are mount collectors. My impression is, that blizzard tries to act as if special mount designs would be needed to bring prestige into the endgame, while i believe that mythic raids are already prestigious enough due to the fact only a small minority play or even master them.

The prestige comes from participating, and not from vanity items.

I really wonder how the effort for special assets for a small minority as like mythic raiders is being justified, if mounts would adress the broad audience of players way more likely. As it's rarely about the best gear for those players. At the end, blizzard should think about rewarding every player for playing their game, and allow as many ways as possible to acquire vanity items and progression gear.

The best solution is to give players of the other raid difficulties (including LFR) a recolor of the mount the mythic raiders get. That also would remove the idea people would feel forced to hire organized raiders for gold to “play” the game. As like renting a raid spot in one of those meritocracy-based raiding guilds.

What do you think? Should there be a large effort to create expensive rewards for small minorites? Or would you be happy if players who play on a lower difficulty would get the same rewards as recolored or less detailed version?
    Oh Rym at it again No you should not get cool stuff for nothing.
    Like the Darksouls crowd say GIT GOOD and stop crying free stuff and yes LFR is free stuff.

OTOH it allowed you to level up to 60 and nearly everyone played dungeons. Which was more than most of the players even managed to complete in Classic. Which was more than everquest and other niche hardcore games ever managed to do for a notable audience.

Many players still were leveling in mid tbc.

Noone actually missed raids those days. Thats different today, where everyone wants to play endgame.
    So let me get this straight. Almost everyone did dungeons at max lvl and that was their end content, which is fine, but apparently most ppl didnt even hit max lvl even when tbc launched. Makes no sense. And the fact that after a year in tbc, ppl havent reached max lvl, which all it required was to do dungeons 10 times and the 6 big quest chains, when literally was taking max 2 months if u played 1 1/2 hours per day, makes me wonder if u actually played the game or u just logged once every week.

Then if any of the above cases is true then u dont deserve high end rewards.

Speaking as an on-and-off Heroic raider, I don't want every little thing handed to me. I want there to be incentive to raid at the highest level if I choose to do that. If those items and mounts and rewards aren't exclusive to the best players, you're also removing a lot of incentive to doing it in the first place.
    Should every NBA player get paid 20mil a year with NIKE endorsements because they show up to every game? Obviously not. The best players get all the best treatment, and it should always be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    if it bothers you, get good.
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2016-05-20 at 11:27 PM.

Mythic Archi mount is a Sky Golem, and there's another Sky Golem recolor coming for 300 toys in Legion. Blackhand mount is one of many clefthoofs released this xpac

Haven't seen anybody complain about "unique mythic mounts" until now but I think we'll see this thread pop up more commonly for the infernals in Legion