Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

ISIS executes 25 Iraqi "spies" by lowering them into a vat of nitric acid.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-execut...ssolve-1561009

The Islamic State (Isis) has executed 25 alleged spies by lowering them into a huge tub of nitric acid, until their 'organs dissolved', Iocal news source Iraqi News has claimed. The report could not be independently verified.

The alleged spies were captured in the IS (Daesh) stronghold of Mosul, in northern Iraq, accused of working for the Iraqi government's security forces.

Mosul is the largest city in Iraq still under IS control, but is facing increasing pressure from the north, south and east by the Iraqi army, Kurdish Peshmerga forces and US-led Western air strikes. A number of shocking and brutal killings have taken place at the hands of IS as they try to assert their domination over the the city, which Barack Obama had predicted would fall be the end of this year.

According to witnesses of the killings, the 25 alleged 'spies' were tied together with a huge rope and lowered in a basin containing the highly corrosive acid. Nitric acid is generally used for manufacturing ammonium nitrate that can be used to make fertiliser and explosives but it can also be used for photoengraving, etching steel, and reprocessing spent nuclear fuel.

"ISIS terrorist members executed 25 persons in Mosul on charges of spying and collaborating with Iraqi security forces,' a source told Iraqi News in a statement. "ISIS members tied each person with a rope and lowered him in the tub, which contains nitric acid, till the victims organs dissolve."

On Wednesday (18 May), IBTimes UK reported the burning alive of a Christian child who asked her mum to forgive the Isis militants who torched her home. The courageous child, believed to be around 12-years-old, was burned in Mosul after her family were raided by the jihadists for 'Jaziya' — a religious tax.

Earlier this week, the US Defence Department estimated that Isis fighters lost control of about 40% of the territory they once had in Iraq and roughly 10% of the land they held in Syria. Army Gen. Joseph Votel, commander of U.S. Central Command, told reporters this week: "They are looking for ways to start to regain their momentum or regain the initiative".
    Apparently ISIS is looking to reach cartoon supervillain status with their new and more inventive ways of killing people.

I can't even imagine, it would be like being burned over your entire body.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Your cells are literally being torn apart on an atomic level. It’s like cellular evisceration.
    Last edited by Zethras; 2016-05-21 at 02:26 AM.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Your cells are literally being torn apart on an atomic level. It’s like cellular evisceration.
    Yeah.

I actually felt physically ill after reading this article. :/

Just like a carnival act, ISIS understands people get bored with the same executions again and again. They have to mix it up to keep people watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Shock would set in almost immediately in all likelihood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah.

I actually felt physically ill after reading this article. :/
    I don’t believe the word “barbaric” even begins to describe the act. It’s like if barbaric, diabolical, sadistic, and cold-blooded had a baby, but died in childbirth, so they tried for another baby, but it had a heart defect, so they used stem cells from the first fetus to repair it.

That is the level of evil I see here.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Shock would set in almost immediately in all likelihood.
    Small consolation but hopefully.

...not like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista
    pparently ISIS is looking to reach cartoon supervillain status with their new and more inventive ways of killing people.
    Well you stole my point before I made. If it wasn't so horrific it would be funny...but it is so it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, there are things way worse than that happening or that could happen. There is no limit. If we get wiser as centuries pass, nature will take care if this problem automatically.

Your cells are literally being torn apart on an atomic level. It’s like cellular evisceration, while simultaneously having every nerve in your body stimulated to the point of you should fall unconscious from the agony, but it keeps you aware.

Are you sure? I'm fairly confident you'd pass out from shock.

also, inb4 "this isn't real islam" and "islam is the religion of peace!"

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Maybe we should wait for other sources to verify this "cartoon" story before we get horrified.
    The story is trending on facebook currently, not sure if it was verified by other news outlets or not.

Maybe we should wait for other sources to verify this "cartoon" story before we get horrified.
    Potentially. Would be preferable to it actually having happened, and yes before an Edge Lord turns up, much worse has happened and will continue to happen but shitty is shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Are you sure? I'm fairly confident you'd pass out from shock.

also, inb4 "this isn't real islam" and "islam is the religion of peace!"
    I mean, I can’t speak from experience, obviously, but my understanding of how acid works in a chemical sense tells me that you’d be aware of the pain for as long as your nerves remained intact.

I could be completely wrong, but I think that’s how it would work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nuke them. Yeah, I said it.

Your cells are literally being torn apart on an atomic level. It’s like cellular evisceration, while simultaneously having every nerve in your body stimulated to the point of you should fall unconscious from the agony, but it keeps you aware.
    Nitric acid causes denaturation of dermal proteins and it burns, but I think that after 5-10 seconds they would probably got shock and pass out.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2016-05-20 at 10:49 PM.

The acid would force the water out of the cells yes, but that would happen almost instantly. Burning happens slowly spreading fast throughtout the fat tissue and then invading the muscle and so on, whereas acid just goes right throung you in mere moments. Estimating just a few seconds of agony until falling unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Nitric acid causes denaturation of dermal proteins and it burns, but I think that after 5-10 seconds they would probably got shock and pass out.
    The most important quality of the acid is the ability to dehydrate, it's popping cells like a kid going on a baloon rampage.

Well in the uk its the Daily Mail and the Daily Star that are carrying the story, neither having a reputation for credible journalism.
    There was an article that came out about it from an Iraqi website two days ago, but considering how ISIS likes to broadcast everything and that there is no video footage of this then yeah, it's possible that this story isn't legitimate.

Honestly I'd prefer to believe it was made up but at the same time I don't think ISIS has proven that they're above this, I've seen video footage of ISIS lighting a man on fire via a detonating cord.