Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    but then I'm just hung up on how enjoyable mop frost was in pve, and how fun frost mage pvp was in tbc/wotlk with haste stacking
    That's fair, but then you have to keep in mind how Frost really struggled to keep up during late game for the entirety of MoP. Prior to that, it wasn't even a raid-viable spec.

Personally, I think "rapid-machine-gun Frost" doesn't really fit with the theme of a Mage. Mages are about big, grand, flashy spells that take time to form but most of it is wasted on overkill. That doesn't mesh well with "throw pellets, nails and shards until the target falls over".

Fire makes it a point to emphasize "hot, burns and spreads", Frost hasn't really done anything to emphasize "rock solid and sharp". All we've had so far is "blue and slows". We should be summoning big icy constructs such as walls and giants, and I think Glacial Spike is a good step towards that direction. Would be even better if we added flashy explosions that look like dry ice bombs (Youtube it!). Something that looks like Ko'ragh's Expel Magic: Frost would be a nice start.

Deleted
    To be fair it's probably high time frost took a back seat in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    This might sound counterintuitive, but longer casts actually benefit Frost. With the attunement switching back to Haste and Frost Armor also returning as a Haste buff, Frost desperately needs longer casts so as to scale properly with haste beyond the 50% GCD cap. Spells like Ray of Frost are going in the right direction, when it comes to both scaling and making it so that increased haste feels powerful. Unfortunately, this also means much lower PVP viability. I'm not sure how they're going to deal with that.
    Yeah the long cast times have their reasons to exist otherwise we have haste issues.

But one could argue, why do frost have their Attunement, Frost Armor, Icy Veins and whatever I am forgetting, all haste based?

I mean blizzard is the one who create such incovenient situations, it's not like we asked for all those permanent/temporary haste boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    Icy Veins
    no idea why they chose to buff Icy Veins to 30% haste / 45% multistrike with a 3 min cooldown instead of leaving it as 20% haste / 30% multistrike but buffing the cooldown to 2 mins in WoD, still no idea why they choose to continue in that direction in Legion

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    To be fair it's probably high time frost took a back seat in pvp.
    Legion pvp is going to be WoD pvp 2.0 with or without frost mages existing, its a non-issue
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-05-19 at 11:22 PM.

This might sound counterintuitive, but longer casts actually benefit Frost. With the attunement switching back to Haste and Frost Armor also returning as a Haste buff, Frost desperately needs longer casts so as to scale properly with haste beyond the 50% GCD cap. Spells like Ray of Frost are going in the right direction, when it comes to both scaling and making it so that increased haste feels powerful. Unfortunately, this also means much lower PVP viability. I'm not sure how they're going to deal with that.
    I like the way the applied haste to Ray of Frost. On the other hand Ebonbolt and Glacial spike at 3 secs base each, I can see why people who have actively played frost in MoP and WoD would feel very different.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

/popcorn
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2016-05-20 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post

/popcorn
    I'd say 9/10

Deleted
    Just me that's having issues today with Frozen Orb? Sometimes it appears to do no damage and not grant a FoF proc including the guaranteed initial one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzCymru View Post
    Just me that's having issues today with Frozen Orb? Sometimes it appears to do no damage and not grant a FoF proc including the guaranteed initial one.
    Nah they broke Orb this build. New legendary effects, broke Orb, messed with Chain Reaction, didn't fix any of the prior bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Nah they broke Orb this build. New legendary effects, broke Orb, messed with Chain Reaction, didn't fix any of the prior bugs.
    + Frost Artifact questline is still broken.
    Srsly, I try to test frost for 3 months now but I just can't because every fucking quest from the questline is bugged for me. The new build today fixed the first quest where I have to talk to Meryl in the class hall, hurray! But literally the next quest where I have to pick up ritual items is now bugged too. Makes me angry somehow even though I know it's beta ...
    Last edited by Neoxx; 2016-05-20 at 01:25 PM.

LMAO at the /popcorn

How long did it take you to get 10 Frost Bolt crits? Did you only cast Frost Bolt to do so?

Were you ditched out of Ray of Frost?

Would not casting EbonBolt, Ray of Frost or Glacial Spike effectively reset your stack (looks like a 5 second buff from screenshot).

Actually wouldn't casting anything other than Frost Bolt greatly increase the chance that when you do cast a Frost Bolt, it doesn't crit and therefore doesn't re-activate stack?

That's fair, but then you have to keep in mind how Frost really struggled to keep up during late game for the entirety of MoP. Prior to that, it wasn't even a raid-viable spec.

Personally, I think "rapid-machine-gun Frost" doesn't really fit with the theme of a Mage. Mages are about big, grand, flashy spells that take time to form but most of it is wasted on overkill. That doesn't mesh well with "throw pellets, nails and shards until the target falls over".

Fire makes it a point to emphasize "hot, burns and spreads", Frost hasn't really done anything to emphasize "rock solid and sharp". All we've had so far is "blue and slows". We should be summoning big icy constructs such as walls and giants, and I think Glacial Spike is a good step towards that direction. Would be even better if we added flashy explosions that look like dry ice bombs (Youtube it!). Something that looks like Ko'ragh's Expel Magic: Frost would be a nice start.
    I think rapid machine gun fits very well with the idea of hailstorm - battering enemies with constant onslaught of piercing projectiles. WoD Frost delivers on that fantasy: between multistrike, icicles, haste bonuses and spilitting ice (and mirror images sometimes), I truly feel that aesthetic.

I can appreciate rock solid stuff too, though. It would work best with MoP Frost Bomb, which was extremely powerful, delayed and methodical.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    How long did it take you to get 10 Frost Bolt crits? Did you only cast Frost Bolt to do so?
    I abused Shatter on 3 targets with Ice Ward. This is very much not something you will ever likely see in practice. I think the highest I got from straight Frostbolt spam was 6. I don't think this will be an issue in practice, it's just those rare points where you can abuse it, then it looks really stupid.

Ray of Frost got a nice effect around the hands of the caster (at least I think it did, before that it was a simple glow akin to portal cast)
    click for better quality

15+ Year Old Account
    Bit late on that, but yeah. It's really nice, I'm hoping they move Frost spells to that casting and Arcane to the purple particle effect instead of what they are now.

Haven't been in here lately; someone please tell me Frostbolt and Ebonbolt don't look like ass anymore?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Haven't been in here lately; someone please tell me Frostbolt and Ebonbolt don't look like ass anymore?
    frostbolt still looks exactly the same, and ebonbolt still looks like ass, sorry

sad they couldn't just make frostfire bolt the artifact ability once they decided the baseline spell did not fit the mage class fantasy (lolol)
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-05-21 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    if thy would just fix that brainfreez would give us free Ebonbolt and not frozen orb one of many things to change,frost spec with no instant singel target dps is strange
    Last edited by mmoc858eb321b1; 2016-05-21 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Frostbolt still the same, Ebonbolt now has the right graphic and it's quite nice. Perfect, even.

It's here, in this post

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post40337011

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Ebonbolt now has the right graphic and it's quite nice. Perfect, even
    it has exactly the same animation as it did when he last saw it