Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    So i was looking over the amount of people complaining about the new spider mount and how it costs 2 million

then i noticed the infernal mounts.. .all 100% unique models, no where else in the game... (atleast so far) and they are from gladiator ONLY
    and this is a first, most of the gladiator mounts ussauly have lesser versions of themselves ingame... but this time its not these are no where else

but here is a kicker...

so people are complaining about a 2 mil gold spider... well dont buy it now, can buy it 2 expacs from now

but these new infernal mounts (and all special armor sets from pvp no longer obtainable...)

why? i know people will say "but then pvp gets something unique" well please blizzard... stop making items that are only for a massive minority (0.5% of people in pvp...) with brand new unique models... im fine with titles... but this is 5 infernal mounts, no where else in the game! nothing even close! and only those top 0.5% can have them...

i was fine with the upgraded mounts, like the nether drake, the frostwyrm, the twilight drake.... the cloud... serpent... and... gron...ling...

yeah this is the first gladiator mount that is not a upgraded version of another mount, this is a 100% unique mount set that will only be obtainable by super high end pvpers...

as a destro/demo warlock i cried in joy when i saw these (vindictive i want so bad) but im not much of a pvper... now heres the thing

yes pvpers should get pvp things, and pve'ers special pve things...

but when a raid goes out, pvp/pve'rs can still go back and farm that content for mog/mounts...

but with pvp once a season ends, goodbye to that awesome mog you wanted, goodbye to those mounts you wanted, as they are gone, no way to get them...

and now this would be fine if it had a lower requirement like AotC like PVE does (defeat heroic final boss) most groups will give you that for free

but the unique pvp stuff is top 0.5%... and idk, i am fine with there being "special only at the time stuff"

but that stuff needs to have a alternative... something less flashy but means that those that want it can still atleast have a general of that....

idk it may just be me, feel free to debate/discuss/share your opinion as i have mine, but i just hate this idea of 100% limited time super hard to get items... as it means players who either 1. dident play then, or 2 may not have been able to, can never get that...

if not guess i will be putting out 500$ to get a gladiator carry so i can get the mount...

(again im not hating on pvpers, i just dont like the idea of having 100% unique limited time items that are super hard to get, and if they did it would be nice if they could atleast add one to PVE since PVE doesent have one)
    So you're bitching and moaning and presenting the solution to yourself all in one go? Hmmmmm. Seems rather pointless and whiney! I probably won't be skilled enough to get glad but instead i'll see those who do earn it as pretty awesome for earning theirs, why does everyone have to have access to everything with such ease? Get over your entitled self and earn it or keep on walking babes

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry i skimmed a lot of the posts but all i read was but, but, but, my, my, my

I get what OP means, and as someone who actually really likes exclusive stuff and devotes most of their time to earning I completely agree with them.

It's one thing to have PvP mounts. Yeah they're exclusive, but they're absurdly badass and often recolors of other mounts with a very big difference. They don't need to do anything but be visually interesting because the fact that you have them is a good enough message. When I see a netherdrake, or the armored cloud serpents, or the shitty frostwyrms (okay that one was a bad example, I can never tell the difference), I know what I'm looking at and I know what it takes to get those mounts. All they need to do is stand out.

But putting an entire model on an extremely difficult-to-obtain, niche aspect of the game is just bad use of resources. Would it be a particularly big deal if an un-harnessed, simple version of the infernal model was available as a raid boss drop or a rare spawn? I don't personally think so, and while I honestly don't like the mount (seriously infernals don't run like gorillas) I think it would be silly to make an entire mount model exclusive for possibly the tiniest portion of the playerbase in the game, and worse yet one that's rapidly declining and will likely be pretty desolate by the release of Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    I get what OP means, and as someone who actually really likes exclusive stuff and devotes most of their time to earning I completely agree with them.

It's one thing to have PvP mounts. Yeah they're exclusive, but they're absurdly badass and often recolors of other mounts with a very big difference. They don't need to do anything but be visually interesting because the fact that you have them is a good enough message. When I see a netherdrake, or the armored cloud serpents, or the shitty frostwyrms (okay that one was a bad example, I can never tell the difference), I know what I'm looking at and I know what it takes to get those mounts. All they need to do is stand out.

But putting an entire model on an extremely difficult-to-obtain, niche aspect of the game is just bad use of resources. Would it be a particularly big deal if an un-harnessed, simple version of the infernal model was available as a raid boss drop or a rare spawn? I don't personally think so, and while I honestly don't like the mount (seriously infernals don't run like gorillas) I think it would be silly to make an entire mount model exclusive for possibly the tiniest portion of the playerbase in the game, and worse yet one that's rapidly declining and will likely be pretty desolate by the release of Legion.
    btw the models were updated ,they dont run like gorillas anymore

but other then that this is EXACTLY what i was trying to get across

having cool mounts for pvpers only is really good

but making no alternative for others to get is not so good...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the part were people suggested someone should earn something in a video game that decides who wins based on RNG.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    All 5 are glad, and supposedly there are 6 seasons (there were 6 glad coursers originally), so they will actually need an extra color.

That's just because they missed updating it, if you mouse over the wowhead link you will see it, too, is a gladiator mount.
    Which is totally fine and why I said they can always add more variations in later.

- - - Updated - - -

having cool mounts for pvpers only is really good*

Totally get where you're coming from. Historically there's always been alternatives for non PVPers. At this point though, outside of asking the devs if they have plans for one, we're more at the stage of wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

having cool mounts for pvpers only is really good

Oh thank god.

I still don't really like the model but I just looked at it on wowhead and yeah, they run way better now. That old run almost looked inexplicably creepy, infernals aren't animals, they're legion fel constructs. It was bizarre to see their animations looking so...alive I guess.

It would be almost effortless for them to make a basic infernal model without the harness so I don't really understand the whole "git gud" mentality of a lot of the posting in this thread. I think it just kinda makes sense from a practical standpoint to utilize a model that people are obviously going to like a lot in multiple areas instead of just one.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    just in the same way a lot of guilds aren't good enough to get a full mythic clear, a lot of players arent good enough to get 0.5th percentile in pvp
    Yet there is no cut off in Mythic. The mounts in mythic don't only drop for the top 0.5% of raiders and then cease to be available to anyone else. You can pay to get boosted in Mythic to get the mount without it affecting other people, in PvP you can still be in the top 1% and not get the Mount. You have people that are in the top 0.5% on Multiple characters which itself pushes people out of the top rankings.

That is the entire point. Telling people to "git gud" is silly when there is only a tiny fraction of people that can get the mount regardless of how much effort you put in. You can easily "git gud" and bash your head against Mythic Archimonde for a year and eventually get your mount. With Arena you have to bash your head against a wall for an entire season right up to the last minute and still be knocked out of the 0.5% at the last hour and miss out on your chance for a mount.

People that have time to do that generally aren't people that have jobs.

I think a Better thing would have most of the Infernals as Gladiators and have maybe 1 locked behind an achievement of 2.4-2.5k rating.
    Since you still have to be good at PvP to get 2.4-2.5k rating and you would be able to earn something through Arena that didn't require you to get to the end of a Season just to miss out by 0.1%
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2016-05-22 at 12:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i still dont see why everyone is complaining so much
    Op u complain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    People read you. They just disagree or find your arguments shallow. Or at least premature. You might still get your infernal alternative somewhere down the road.
    Hilariously hypocritical when half of the replies in here are "Get gud. Farm the mount if u want it. lolz."

There 100% should be an alternative to get one of these mounts. If we had years and years to farm them like we do raid mounts in future expansions, it would be a different story. NO PVE raid mount models have ever been taken out of the game without some sort of alternate coloration available elsewhere. Even when ZG and ZA were taken out as raids and made into 5-mans, Blizzard discontinued the raid mounts but recoloured those models and made them available as new mounts from the dungeons.

But there PVP mounts are just dumb. Keeping an entire mount model to a PVP-system which will no longer be available after Legion is a waste of resources. What exactly is so PVP-esque about the infernal model that makes you all think it should be the ONLY way to obtain a coloration of one?

Deleted
    I thought they removed the mythic only mounts when the tier or xpac ended.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzCymru View Post
    I thought they removed the mythic only mounts when the tier or xpac ended.
    nope, just made it 1% drop rate
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

People just need to stop whining tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    nope, just made it 1% drop rate
    Ah ok my mistake then! :P

I wouldn't worry too much over the design of the mounts you see from mythic/gladiator etc... they usually aren't even in the top 50 of best looking mounts. Out of all the mounts I have, the ones I use most are some of the easiest to get because they look/feel better.

Deleted
    Good. More exclusive content behind difficult content, I hope they don't buckle.

And no, I don't PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    I maybe see a glad mount once a month and have never seen a glad Gronn from this expansion so Ill probably never see an Infernal in game soooo Im just gunna pretend they don't exist.
    I see one anytime i play my Hunter .

Either way, we'd much rather get armored Storm Drakes too OP but Blizzard decided to give us reskinned Gronnlings. /Shrug.

If you want one that bad work for it.

Frost wyrms for non-gladiators were only introduced in the last patch of wrath so wait and see ?, if not, be good and earn it.

The amount of whine these days is unbelievable, no wonder the community spirit have been going down for 7 years now.

P.S : anyway they are fucking ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    Frost wyrms for non-gladiators were only introduced in the last patch of wrath so wait and see ?, if not, be good and earn it.

The amount of whine these days is unbelievable, no wonder the community spirit have been going down for 7 years now.

P.S : anyway they are fucking ugly.
    Oh, the rich irony in this post...

- Decries the loss of the community spirit, but shows contempt towards players because they want something cool.
    - Complains about whining, when the only reason PvP-ers got infernals instead of courser for gladiator mounts was offensive whining on Twitter.
    - Whines himself about the mounts being ugly, to spit both on Blizzard artists and the players who like them.

I LOVE that there are unique rewards for special accomplishments. I hope Blizz does more of this. Giving everybody everything even if they haven't earned it just cheapens the whole game.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"