Thread: Stellaris

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO their main problem is them being fucking slow. And sometimes AI (both ingame AI and "combat roles" AI) holds them at max range instead of getting right into the fray, even when you have aggressive AI selected and all your guns are 15 range). Sure, i can split my fleet into 10x20k and throw them at everything, instead of having one huge blob of destruction slowly running for enemy fleets (or usually i just let my vassals have fun with them while i conquer planets with my armies of mutants).
    Well, also, if, for some reason, your battleships die it takes really long time to build new ones, so... if this ever happens to me i'll spam corvettes like crazy from all my active spaceports
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-05-20 at 03:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    If your wanting to run Battleship only fleets, read this post on r/Stellaris, explains a solid strategy to run fleets like that and a few things that I didn't know about combat mechanics.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/c..._making_ships/

Looks like The Emperor approves of Stellaris.

30k would be better, The Great Crusade fits perfectly into 4X strategy imo.

A question.

So I understand that when you play ironman mode, there is only one save so that you can't go back, if something went wrong, ect.

Let's say I wish to start with another race in another galaxy. Does it overwrite that previous ironman save or does it make a new 1 save for each different ironman mode game?

Also... despite playing with it, I'm not getting achievements...

Deleted
    achievements -> are you using mods? (You said you used the "no invader" stuff, most, but not all, mods will disable achievements)

Savegame -> each empire (game) has it's own savegame.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-20 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    A question.

So I understand that when you play ironman mode, there is only one save so that you can't go back, if something went wrong, ect.

Let's say I wish to start with another race in another galaxy. Does it overwrite that previous ironman save or does it make a new 1 save for each different ironman mode game?

Also... despite playing with it, I'm not getting achievements...
    No mods of any kind are allowed for achievements.

And every time you make a game it is its own self contained savegame regardless of Ironman or not, even if its the same race.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I thought ironman just disables all mods when you play it. I suppose I need to turn off everything and see if it works.

This means then I can start a new ironman save with another race and get back to the previous one, if I get interested again. Time to make a fanatic xenophile who conquers every species they meet so that they can be made part of the glorious empire. Everyone has same rights and all. Not exactly intending to make blorg, but something similar.

Deleted
    How long does it take for a 39 AI match on insane difficulty and 1000 star galaxy to end? These fucks have been going at it for 75 years and the galaxy is still a quilt blanket.
    Also this game is too hard for me, normal difficulty and I get assraped into being some frogpeople's vassals in 40years.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2016-05-22 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    How long does it take for a 39 AI match on insane difficulty and 1000 star galaxy to end? These fucks have been going at it for 75 years and the galaxy is still a quilt blanket.
    Considering the AI seriously lacks aggression?
    Probably until one of the end game crisis trigger and wipe out the galaxy.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Considering the AI seriously lacks aggression?
    Probably until one of the end game crisis trigger and wipe out the galaxy.
    I wish someone told them that before they came for me with 3k military force when I had 900 with full navy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also this game is too hard for me, normal difficulty and I get assraped into being some frogpeople's vassals in 40years.
    Probably 300-400 years, until an end game disaster swallows the galaxy. The AI is bugged and do not respond properly to such threats.

Also, if you're watching the AI play on insane to learn the game, be warned that the AI gets research and production bonuses the player don't on anything above normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Probably 300-400 years, until an end game disaster swallows the galaxy. The AI is bugged and do not respond properly to such threats.

Also, if you're watching the AI play on insane to learn the game, be warned that the AI gets research and production bonuses the player don't on anything above normal.
    I'm not even watching.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me normal difficulty is way too easy now, I think I gotta step it up a notch. You are clearly doing something wrong or completely missing something if you get your ass handed to you so easily on normal difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    For me normal difficulty is way too easy now, I think I gotta step it up a notch. You are clearly doing something wrong or completely missing something if you get your ass handed to you so easily on normal difficulty.
    Yeah, I suck, that's what. Should I just start surveying everything I can and building research/mining facilities everywhere? Because that's what I've been doing, while maintaining a full fleet of ships and doing research. What about expanding borders? I've been building those whatchamacallits whenever I find a star that I can't build stuff around. Should I first saturate what I can without expanding?

Yeah, I suck, that's what. Should I just start surveying everything I can and building research/mining facilities everywhere? Because that's what I've been doing, while maintaining a full fleet of ships and doing research. What about expanding borders? I've been building those whatchamacallits whenever I find a star that I can't build stuff around. Should I first saturate what I can without expanding?
    First. Don't forget to beef up your planets. I didn't the first game and was too slow compared to the AI. I did in the second and it was wonderful!.

Also if you run into one of the fallen empires. Try to figure out what they don't like. Some its they want a buffer of unused systems, others its a tech(AI). If you piss them off early then its game over.

And yes survey survey and survey everything and every where you can.

I found and if you can afford it "influence" wise if you find an AI that is a federation builder. Having an alliance helps to stave off the military I'm gonna beat up everyone.

Also having one big fleet is better than having a few small ones. And yes keep it as large as your fleet limit allows.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I suck, that's what. Should I just start surveying everything I can and building research/mining facilities everywhere? Because that's what I've been doing, while maintaining a full fleet of ships and doing research. How about expanding borders?
    Well... this is the way I do it:

- Scout with your combat fleet all close proximity star systems to your home system at the start (so you know which systems have habitable planets).

- Survey priority: 1. your currently owned area 2. systems with habitable planets of your preference 3. the rest in your immediate surroundings.

- Research priority 1. colonization ships 2. orbital hydrowhatever +food thingy 3. solar panels 4. spaceport upgrade 1 & 2 5. planetary administration & capital thingies

- Build a full (aka your fleet cap) fleet and sweep clear your immediate surrounding area of those pirates, amoebas etc. so the area is safe.

- Colonize 5 (or more, depends on your government choice) planets as soon as possible. Priority: 1. planets that increase your owned area 2. big planets.

- Production (aka mineral usage) priority: 1. mining stations 2. research stations 3. clear crap on planets 4. orbital hydrothingy 5. solar panels 6. build something for unemployed people.

- When you have 5 planets up and running and things seem to start running fine, build a big fleet and army. Vassalize your first enemy at this point. Vassalize couple more if you are strong enough. Start integrating the first vassal. I enslave most aliens I integrate. I play with fanatic spiritualist + collectivist, transcendental empire as government form. I can enslave and resettle however I please with no drawbacks.

- Start colonizing more planets (remember you can and should colonize with other species as well, use the best habitability species for each planet) and start creating sectors. Manage resources. Build stuff.

This is pretty much the 101 of how I play.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    I prefer playing against 100% advanced start AI on normal than against insane AI.
    The diplomacy on normal is actually quite fun, but you can't do anything with the AI on insane difficulty, it sucks.

They get -100 for being "insane" and since they are so advanced you won't be able to trade anything to make them accept something.

Is there a mod that disables that stupid modifier? It's annoying as fuck.

edit: uh, there is one and it removes the tech bonus as well (which is completely unnecessary if they have enough ressources). Yay.
    game just got like 50% better, not kidding.. it's so much more fun if you are able to peacefully vassalize weaker faction/liberated factions, protectorates work too and most importantly, joining an alliance. (on insane)

They need to make the swarm, unbidden etc. a real faction though... otherwise, the AI won't interact with them it seems. A proper declaration of war might trigger the AI, but since they appear as hostile from the get go, they won't do much against them.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-22 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah I guess my biggest fail was not colonizing fast enough(at all)

The game really needs a lot of fixing up of its UI, though that is hardly new for paradox games.

There are many examples that justify this need, but most recently I've been annoyed by how there seems to be no quick way to see how large a colonizable planet is. I have to eyeball my explored areas, click the relevant systems, find the relevant planet, then probably fucking zoom in on it because its UI element will be blocked by some other planet or a mining station or something, then I click the planet, then FINALLY I get to know whether it's worth sending a colonist to it not. Then I have to zoom back out, probably eyeball the map again because all the zooming and clicking and the massive, sprawling galaxy can sometimes demand reorientation, and do the whole thing all over again until I've gone through all the possibilities. Not as tedious as having to click every single building for every single upgrade (especially awesome when you just got new power plants and need to upgrade like 40 of them), but still pretty fucking annoying.

Either that, or I'm just too stupid to find the quick and easy way to do this.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."