Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not including Vanilla, since its the base game and really shouldn't count, but from worst to best in my opinion:

Cata, WoD, Mists, TBC, Wrath.

I really didn't like Cata, but WoD is very close in my opinion in crappiness level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    When you want to turn the game into a single player game, yeah your opinion is useless, I have said it time and time again..........if they remove raiding this game would die, the only thing Blizzard does better than anyone is raiding and people would just find other games to take up their time because other games do everything better.
    Which is nice but it's just your opinion and in truth is not backed by any data or metric I can think of. Raid participation has always been small. A fraction of a fraction of the player base. To suggest that the game lives or dies by raiding is at the very least unfounded. It is not a realistic assertion. In the end your opinion is worth just as much as mine which is apparanelty moldy pizza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Which is nice but it's just your opinion and in truth is not backed by any data or metric I can think of. Raid participation has always been small. A fraction of a fraction of the player base. To suggest that the game lives or dies by raiding is at the very least unfounded. It is not a realistic assertion. In the end your opinion is worth just as much as mine which is apparanelty moldy pizza.
    Look at the sub numbers man, back in the day people had a reason to keep playing they had the carrot, now everything is handed to people on a silver platter and easy as hell, nobody has that carrot anymore.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Possibly the worst, but still better than anything else out there in my eyes and and still pretty darn good, just wish there was another raid tier and it would have been great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the sub numbers man, back in the day people had a reason to keep playing they had the carrot, now everything is handed to people on a silver platter and easy as hell, nobody has that carrot anymore.
    I agree. When casuals can clear the game in 1 week it's ridiculous.

100 > 700 pvp > gg.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Its the worst expansion to date by far. Some good points; The map design was awesome, graphics got a nice overhaul, and I was a fan of the pvp system. The bad, EVERYTHING ELSE. Their is a reason 5 million subs disappeared.

The sub numbers dropped after they added the ingame store. That surely means that the shop is the only thing holding WoW back to getting back to stable 10+ million players, right ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Possibly the worst, but still better than anything else out there in my eyes and and still pretty darn good, just wish there was another raid tier and it would have been great.
    Well said, exactly my thoughts !

Quote Originally Posted by Senftw View Post
    Warlords was worse than Cataclysm, which is quite an achievement!
    It really wasn't. This proves how short a memory people have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    The sub numbers dropped after they added the ingame store. That surely means that the shop is the only thing holding WoW back to getting back to stable 10+ million players, right ?
    Not giving someone a reason to keep playing is a viable reason smart ass.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of sub numbers, certainly.

I probably had more fun with this expansion than the two preceding it. But how you perceive a WoW expansion personally is very much in the hands of the people you end up playing with.

Mind you it was extremely popular calling WoTLK as failure when it was current. People seem to love it now when looking back. I really don't think the same will happen with WoD of course. But it'll probably feel on par with Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Wries; 2016-05-22 at 12:09 PM.

I don't use the word "objective" much, but I'd say in terms of max-level content variety, Warlords was about as close as I'd comfortably get to calling it objectively the worse.

Not quite saying it objectively was, but I think it's a lot harder to defend WoD as a non-raider than most other expansions. Still, since pet battles and the Garrisons were a thing, it technically had more max-level content than TBC did at release that wasn't part of an instance. But neither of those are hugely popular to the majority.

the prob with a topic like this is that its a personal option. everyone has a xpac they see as the worst in their eyes. its not like someone is gonan say "Xpac ____ was the worst bc of A, B +C" and someone is going to be "HOLY SHIT your right! i thought xpac Z was the worst but after reading what you said, xpac Y was totally the worst!"

with that being said...i hated this xpac 2 weeks in. i always keep a open mind with any xpac, even if i dont like the info i get from the betas and patch notes. i always give it the benefit of the doubt.

that being said, i HATE WoD and cant wait for it to be over. i have my reservations and hope for legion. /crosses fingers

"If you watch Godzilla in reverse, it's about a giant lizard repairing Tokyo and then Moonwalking into the ocean."

The sub numbers and swiftness in the decline following WoD's release prove it was the worst expansion. There is no "eye of the beholder" angle here it was content deficient to the nth degree and even the devs have admitted that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasblossom View Post
    The sub numbers and swiftness in the decline following WoD's release prove it was the worst expansion. There is no "eye of the beholder" angle here it was content deficient to the nth degree and even the devs have admitted that.

So you can prove the exact reason people left?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    So you can prove the exact reason people left?
    Apparently we can "prove" they stay cause they "have somethig6to strive for" but we can't prove the reason why they left...

- - - Updated - - -

See above as evidence for the double think. Apparently "back in thr day" people "had a reason to keep playing they had a carrot" but now "everything g is handed on a silver platter" so we not only by implication know why they left but also why they stayed and no proof is offered for either.

This argument is well and good but it ignores context. What's "handed out on a silver platter today" is garbage. What was offered in the past was rhe actual same loot you'd get in a raid and it wasn't subject to ridiculous ilvl inflation cause we gotta have mythic and heroic and normal and lfr. Cause we gotta have raiding!

Yes. It was the first expansion since I started playing in 2008 that I unsubbed, and I have enough gold to play for free through tokens. I just could not face another day of garrisons anymore. You can bribe people for a while to do things they don't like to do by adding more rewards, but in the end it is a losing game.
    I am sure somewhere in the Bliizzard cauldron their are 'dashboards' for 'metric driven development' with 'participation KPI's' that have to be 'met or exceeded'. As they say, 'you get what you measure'. Dev sub-teams will have gamed the system trying to get as high a reward as possible (ilvl, gold) attached to the feature they were developing, knowing full well you can 'buy' the player. KPI's were met, and players, they hate what the game becomes. Chores for loot instead of fun, and leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It really wasn't. This proves how short a memory people have.
    Catacylsm had fun t11 and t12. T13 was all down hill but WoD was downhill really fast. We are talking 8 months train wreck.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    but wait the sub numbers also droped when arthas died...

World of warcraft: Arthas's day out
    World of Warcraft: Arthas, Lich king of prom
    World of warcraft: Lich king's Taxes

millions and billions of dollars!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Catacylsm had fun t11 and t12. T13 was all down hill but WoD was downhill really fast. We are talking 8 months train wreck.
    Cata had one good raid, 2 bad daily hubs, and we spent the rest of the time farming 5 mans.