Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Straight up, ignoring is the worst thing a girl can do.

Nothing like knowing somebody saw your message and is deliberately ignoring you.

Like, it personally angers me and causes me to send more until they reply.
    Sounds like you're that clingy guy friend you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is about how to handle people who are constantly calling/testing you.
    doesn't happen if you don't have too many boyfrans.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    doesn't happen if you don't have too many boyfrans.
    Happened to me, and I've never had a single boyfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I feel this response works to this thread.

"Cool story, Bro."

Later, start a thread about how you can't decide what to eat. Then after that maybe start one about how traffic jams are annoying. Maybe follow it up with moms call at the most inappropriate times. This thread is a non-story and just as boring as the 1 million texts you get a day. There is about 100k click bait articles at the bottom of every website social media site talking about this topic. It isn't rocket science.

Nothing better than a I like the attention, but I'd like the attention to be the exact level of attention I want and only when I want it. I'd terminate the relationship, but I like it when it is perfectly the level of desire I have for the situation. This isn't being someones friend btw, it is using them. You seem nice and not totally self centered.

I'm sure you respond to every one of Jaylock's threads too. You are literally feeding the trolls in real life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    Sounds like you're that clingy guy friend you mentioned.
    Naw. He makes me look tame.

Plus at that point I do it more to piss them off than anything else.

Personally, I don't like pointless texting for the same reason as I don't like pointless small talk: it has very little function. There is always something fun to discuss, or some joke to tell, or some roleplaying to do, or to get to know each other better... I don't quite understand why some people instead come up with the most boring and stereotypical lines. It is as if they feel they need to talk about something for the sake of talking, but, since they are out of ideas, they choose the worst subject to fill the void.

I had a friend like this. During the short period of about 1 year when I actually messaged anyone at all with my phone, my university buddy would send me like 20 messages a day with the most mundane things: "Hi.", "How is it going?", "What are you doing?", "Are you watching the show?", "Have you done the homework?", etc. Every darn day. After a week or so of such craziness, I told him that I wasn't into phone messaging and didn't want to continue these pointless talks. Luckily, he got the hint.
    Saaaame in regards to small talk.

And yes, those are basically the messages I'm getting.

- - - Updated - - -

It is about how to handle people who are constantly calling/testing you.
    Indeed.

Amazingly some people managed to get offended over that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Naw. He makes me look tame.

Plus at that point I do it more to piss them off than anything else.
    That certainly sounds like the basis of a mature friendship. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    Turn your phone off if you're at work.
    I work for a smallish organization, personal phone = so the office can get a hold of me when I'm out of the office. Should probably convince them I need a business phone for that purpose or just get a second phone, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I work for a smallish organization, personal phone = so the office can get a hold of me when I'm out of the office. Should probably convince them I need a business phone for that purpose or just get a second phone, though.
    Now you're thinking! I have two phones, one for work and one for personal stuff. It makes life much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Now you're thinking! I have two phones, one for work and one for personal stuff. It makes life much easier.
    Yeah :/ I mean, this is stuff I thought about before making the thread, was just hoping for a slightly more direct/amicable solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah :/ I mean, this is stuff I thought about before making the thread, was just hoping for a slightly more direct/amicable solution.
    Men aren't good at taking hints, so you gotta be straight and firm.

Guys are typically dense and don't take hints. Be more direct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Block them when you do not want to be bothered.
    Or just let them wait when you are busy until they get the point. If you are at work/school, you have no obligation to read/reply to every nonsense message. Not even when you are doing your own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    It comes with the territory, I think.

MMO games, particularly World of Warcraft, attract a wide variety of personalities - including the stereotypical "30 year old virgin" types. A lot of these people are bitter that they can't get/maintain a relationship, and so they feel the need to lash out at others who don't. That's why there's typically such aggression towards women on this forum - there are a lot of miserable young men who feel they have been "friendzoned", and hate the idea of guys they think as beneath them having success with women; in particular, women who share an interest with them (and thus, in their minds, should belong to them.)
    Isn't that amazing and the ugliest truth? Society's betas resent alphas because they can't log out long enough to hold a conversation with a girl and yet they think they are superior as well as more deserving. They can't even muster attention from the most unattractive girls but get livid when alphas say "Who cares if you have Excalibur? I've got Jessica!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Guys are typically dense and don't take hints. Be more direct.
    If she's texting back a couple dozen times a day, I don't think the issue is their density.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Just like my boy Kevin Gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If she's texting back a couple dozen times a day, I don't think the issue is their density.
    Well, after posting this thread I decided to be rude and just not pick up/immediately text them back when they texted today, so I could get some things done (admittedly I ended up wasting some time in OT instead, but I was still more productive than usual).

Was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You could just let them know that you don't like texting and would rather just talk in person. As a guy, I understand the feeling that you need to text a girl a lot in order to keep her interest. Personally I find texting to be annoying as hell and I suck at it. That's why whenever I set up a meeting, whether it be friends or girls I'm interested in, I just call them.

I'm sure if you just let them know that you don't like texting and reassure them that you're still into them then it'll be fine. Hell they might even be relieved.
    I want to see how they would have faired before the age of cell phones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    It really doesn't unfortunately, you just get somebody to compare to.
    That's for sure. Things get worse when the new gf interrogates you about your previous relationship for 3 hours and asks leading questions like "Is she prettier than me?" or "Would you get back with her if she knocked on your door right now?"

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    That's for sure. Things get worse when the new gf interrogates you about your previous relationship for 3 hours and asks leading questions like "Is she prettier than me?" or "Would you get back with her if she knocked on your door right now?"
    That's why I date below my league, that way I always know that I'm the prettiest.

Unless they're your boss, tell them to fuck off. Or just don't respond.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

That's why I date below my league, that way I always know that I'm the prettiest.
    A lot of pretty schlubby guys have banged at least one smokin' hot chick in their lives, so don't be too sure!

dont talk to 3 guys at once

How the hell is this thread still going

Literally a torrent of hate back and forth for a dozen pages. Jesus fuck.