Thread: [TV] The Flash!

With the latest episode of Legends of Tomorrow and the mention of Justice Society of America, am I the only one who thinks that:

-The man in the iron mask is the "real" Jay Garrick
    -And he'll join Legends of Tomorrow?

(Maybe it's a long shot but still it would be nice)
    Last edited by Deno; 2016-05-22 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deno View Post
    With the latest episode of Legends of Tomorrow and the mention of Justice Society of America, am I the only one who thinks that:

-The man in the iron mask is the "real" Jay Garrick
    -And he'll join Legends of Tomorrow?

(Maybe it's a long shot but still it would be nice)
    I think by now everyone thinks point #1 is true. As for point #2... Jesse Quick was also in at least one incarnation of the JSA, and she was married to Hourman (though that was Rick Tyler, not Rex, but still, if they can pull from multiple Flash's storylines for Barry they could do the same for Hourman).

10+ Year Old Account
    So, apparently Supergirl got switched to the CW, so that's what the whole cross-over in December will be about, officially merging the 2 universes

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching the latest episode of Flash and the scene where Barry comforts Caitlin in particular made me realize just how much more chemistry those two have over Barry and Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Watching the latest episode of Flash and the scene where Barry comforts Caitlin in particular made me realize just how much more chemistry those two have over Barry and Iris.
    He was great with Patty too, really. Maybe it was only because they knew she wouldn't be the "real" girlfriend, since every "girlfriend" seems to lose her personality.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Grant Gustin simply has great chemistry with everybody.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    A lot of actors sing. Not that weird of a correlation artists are good at other arts. There are a lot of people on the show who can sing though. Joe got me by surprise in the earth 2 episode.
    Honestly it does not take that much to sing somewhat well. You honestly just need a little training to be able to be manageable. Hell, they can even make you sound good even if your bad. Even my singing is not too bad.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Honestly it does not take that much to sing somewhat well. You honestly just need a little training to be able to be manageable. Hell, they can even make you sound good even if your bad. Even my singing is not too bad.
    Um, no. Singing like anything else requires practice if you want to do it well. In my experience many people who feel they sing well actually don't. There has been many a singing competition audition gone awry to exemplify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    So, apparently Supergirl got switched to the CW, so that's what the whole cross-over in December will be about, officially merging the 2 universes
    Do you have a source for that last bit? The only thing I saw from the official announcement was that they were going to have a four-episode crossover in December; I didn't see anything detailing what would happen during that cross-over, especially not universes merging.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-05-23 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Theres singing, then theres singing. Pretty easy to sing a note, but to make someones spine tingle takes talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Do you have a source for that last bit? The only thing I saw from the official announcement was that they were going to have a four-episode crossover in December; I didn't see anything detailing what would happen during that cross-over, especially not universes merging.
    Well if Supergirl comes over to the CW, leaving CBS, it seems only logical that they would do something to tie the 2 universes together officially, since right now Supergirl is it's own separate universe.

As for Supergirl leaving CBS and joining the CW you can just google it.

I can't think of anything else that would warrant a 4 night crossover really.

Well if Supergirl comes over to the CW, leaving CBS, it seems only logical that they would do something to tie the 2 universes together officially, since right now Supergirl is it's own separate universe.
    Having the Supergirl universe and the Arrowverse become one and the same raises a lot of issues, though. It would mean aliens officially exist in the same world as Arrow. It means Superman is around somewhere. It would complicate the types of stories they could tell. Having them film in the same city makes crossover type events much easier, but keeping them in separate universes allows them to minimize the whole "Why don't they just call Supergirl for help." It's already bad enough that they have to justify why Flash can't help deal with Arrow's problems.

As for Supergirl leaving CBS and joining the CW you can just google it.
    I only asked for a source about the universe merger; we've known about Supergirl moving to the CW since the 12th.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    I can't think of anything else that would warrant a 4 night crossover really.
    So what will they do for their 2017 4-night crossover? Or their 2018 one? I can't see them *not* doing this every year, now that they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's easier to do crossovers if everyone is in the same universe. Punching interdimensional holes to make these crossovers possible seems like it would get tiring after a while(not to mention damaging). After that they can have big crossovers because their world is threatened, and they need all hands on deck, and not because someone else's world is threatened.

I hope we see Kid Flash in action at least a little bit tomorrow!
    The thing is, I don't see the Flash dropping the whole "Barry can travel through the multiverse" concept anytime soon. They have a multiverse in the comics; why not keep one going in the TV shows? That way they can have their cake and eat it too - crossovers are possible, but are "hard" enough to pull off that Kara isn't showing up every episode to flirt with Barry or compare Big Belly Burgers between Star city and Central City.

Then again, this week's Flash episode might give us some hints on where Flash is going in regards to the multiverse. And I'm not personally opposed to merging the universes; I just think that from a writing standpoint, it causes more problems than it solves. Even in the comics, they had the big Crisis event to merge all the universes and clean everything up... and then they had to re-merge everything with Zero Hour because of all the plot holes the Crisis left. And then they undid it and recreated the multiverse in Infinite Crisis because they'd creatively written themselves into a hole by saying every story had to take place in this one DC Comics universe. And now they've done the big Convergence event, which apparently ended with the original Crisis being retroactively undone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think there will be any universe merging. At most something big will happen to lead in to the third season.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't really think there will be any universe merging. At most something big will happen to lead in to the third season.
    God! Could you imagine if they New 52 the shows? Merge some Earth's, erase others, and retcon some characters.

Having the Supergirl universe and the Arrowverse become one and the same raises a lot of issues, though. It would mean aliens officially exist in the same world as Arrow. It means Superman is around somewhere. It would complicate the types of stories they could tell. Having them film in the same city makes crossover type events much easier, but keeping them in separate universes allows them to minimize the whole "Why don't they just call Supergirl for help." It's already bad enough that they have to justify why Flash can't help deal with Arrow's problems.

I only asked for a source about the universe merger; we've known about Supergirl moving to the CW since the 12th.

- - - Updated - - -

So what will they do for their 2017 4-night crossover? Or their 2018 one? I can't see them *not* doing this every year, now that they can.
    well, we know aliens definitely do exist though due to legends. so its entirely possible there are already aliens on earth 1 they just dont know about yet.

i think they'll merge her somehow but even if they dont as long as ciscos alive (or if the waverider can cross realities as well as space time) they dont have to.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, I don't see the Flash dropping the whole "Barry can travel through the multiverse" concept anytime soon. They have a multiverse in the comics; why not keep one going in the TV shows? That way they can have their cake and eat it too - crossovers are possible, but are "hard" enough to pull off that Kara isn't showing up every episode to flirt with Barry or compare Big Belly Burgers between Star city and Central City.

Then again, this week's Flash episode might give us some hints on where Flash is going in regards to the multiverse. And I'm not personally opposed to merging the universes; I just think that from a writing standpoint, it causes more problems than it solves. Even in the comics, they had the big Crisis event to merge all the universes and clean everything up... and then they had to re-merge everything with Zero Hour because of all the plot holes the Crisis left. And then they undid it and recreated the multiverse in Infinite Crisis because they'd creatively written themselves into a hole by saying every story had to take place in this one DC Comics universe. And now they've done the big Convergence event, which apparently ended with the original Crisis being retroactively undone.
    just because supergirls earth gets merged doesnt mean all the earths get merged. we did see multiple earths when flash travelled to earth 2 not just 2 and supergirl

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    God! Could you imagine if they New 52 the shows? Merge some Earth's, erase others, and retcon some characters.
    they kind of already did that with pied piper.

tbh ever since that episode they could bring someone in who died before that episode and just say "butterfly affect yo"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    well, we know aliens definitely do exist though due to legends. so its entirely possible there are already aliens on earth 1 they just dont know about yet.
    Good point! I'd forgotten that they officially pulled that trigger in the Arrowverse. Though so far only Rip (and maybe Kendra) knows they exist... hmm.

Good point! I'd forgotten that they officially pulled that trigger in the Arrowverse. Though so far only Rip (and maybe Kendra) knows they exist... hmm.
    its possible the time masters/rip know of other aliens. but the only time the aliens "won" was when the thanagarians invaded so that was the only time they intervened to change the timeline.

the waverider is a space ship afterall.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the waverider is a space ship afterall.
    True, but while it got to the sun pretty quickly, we don't know if it has any kind of FTL ability which would make interstellar travel possible. It might be confined to the solar system. But who knows?