Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool New poll shows that Canadian PM Justin Trudeau's popularity has risen

A telephone survey of more than 1,500 Canadian voters has concluded that we would do it again — and then some.

Vote Liberal, that is. A random sampling of 1,517 Canadians over the age 18 by Forum Research found that 52 per cent would vote Liberal if an election were held today, enough to create a Liberal “supermajority” in the House of Commons, stealing almost all of the NDP seats and a few from the Tories.

“The Liberals started with a honeymoon. At this point, not only is the honeymoon still on, but the Liberals are still gaining,” said Forum Research president Lorne Bozinoff.

If the poll results were projected to the House of Commons, the Liberals would take three-quarters of the seats — 261, compared to the 184 they won in the federal election last October
    — while the Conservatives would have 69 seats compared to the 98 they currently hold. The NDP would hold just seven seats, according to the survey. They won 44 last fall. The Green party would retain Leader Elizabeth May’s seat.

The Liberals won 40 per cent of the vote in October, but Forum Research’s polls in November showed that support shot up to 55 per cent. That’s not unusual for a winning party after an election, said Bozinoff. After that, support dropped to the 40s. But in March, support for the Liberals nudged up to 51 per cent and rose to 52 per cent in the most recent survey, conducted on April 10 and 11.

Of those who voted NDP in the October election, 40 per cent would vote Liberal today, while 14 per cent of those who voted Conservative would cast a ballot for the Liberals.

“The Liberals have out-NDPed the NDP on deficit spending and infrastructure spending. Mulcair has been missing in action in terms of leadership,” said Bozinoff. “The Liberals have done what they said they would do. They delivered the NDP’s agenda.”

The poll found that the Liberals lead or are tied everywhere but Alberta, where the Conservatives lead by 52 per cent compared to 42 per cent for the Liberals.

Meanwhile, Justin Trudeau’s vote share and his approvals remain “improbably high”.

The poll found that Trudeau has the approval of 57 per cent of voters and his “net favorability rating” — approvals minus disapprovals — is a very positive +24. Trudeau draws the approval of almost half of NDP supporters and 12 per cent of Conservatives. Among Liberals, his approval is 91 per cent.

NDP Leader Tom Mulcair, who said last week that he expects to be replaced as NDP leader within a year, has seen his approval increase from 32 per cent last month to 36 per cent, and his net score increased from -4 to +5.

More than a third of Liberals and almost a quarter of Conservatives approve of him. Mulcair outperforms his party right now, which is a worrisome signal for the NDP, said Bozinoff.

Interim Conservative Leader Rona Ambrose has the approval of 31 per cent of voters, and her net score is a relatively neutral +5 — but that’s because 42 per cent of those polled said they don’t know enough about her to have an opinion. She has the approval of 57 per cent of Conservative supporters.

“We have two parties without permanent leaders. On that situation, it’s hard for a party to get traction,” said Bozinoff. “The Liberals seem to be delivering on a lot of their promises. As long as the Liberals are seen to be doing things, they’ll keep their forward momentum.”

The telephone poll was conducted using interactive voice response, known as “robocalls.” Results based on the total sample are considered accurate plus or minus three percentage points, 19 times out of 20.
    http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politi...rity-says-poll

Gotta admit. Love him or hate him, this guy is really popular eh?
    Most politicians find their honeymoon phase only lasts a short while.

Deleted
    Another case of the Trumps, where a politician does some disgusting shit like personal attacks on his competitors but is actually rising in popularity instead of dropping.

I tell you, I don't know why more politicians don't do this. I guess it's a new current, but soon political debate s shall turn into wrestling banter.

After the elbowgate incident he is ahead of the other parties for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Another case of the Trumps, where a politician does some disgusting shit like personal attacks on his competitors but is actually rising in popularity instead of dropping.

I tell you, I don't know why more politicians don't do this. I guess it's a new current, but soon political debate s shall turn into wrestling banter.
    I think its the opposite, there were numerous personal attacks against him all election and then after last week they were pushing the craziness.

I say this as a fan of Justin: After a decade of Harper (arguably the worst PM we've had), the bar isn't set very high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trudeau hasn't been in office long enough to do anything other than be young and Liberal.

When he has an actual crisis to face, call me back.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    After the elbowgate incident he is ahead of the other parties for me.
    As an NDP supporter, the whole overblown elbow business is absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    If you're doing your job right, crises don't happen very much.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

New poll shows that Tennisace doesn't know how polling works.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    New poll shows that Tennisace doesn't know how polling works.
    Please post constructively. Mr Trudeau and the Liberals are as popular as ever

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Give us something worthy first. Not another installment of "Tennisace Fumbles Through Life."

[Infracted]

That was fast. Not even 2 minutes lol. I wish I got that kind of expedient response. Didn't even show who did it, brilliant.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2016-05-23 at 06:30 AM. Reason: fucking lol
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    yeah cause 1,500 is a large enough sample size to represent the 36 million residents of Canada.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Give us something worthy first. Not another installment of "Tennisace Fumbles Through Life."
    Just another day on the MMO Champion forums. Stupid people spreading stupidity.

According to a small poll. Polls also suggested Trump had no chance of winning the nomination in the beginning and we've seen how that went.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trudeau hasn't been in office long enough to do anything other than be young and Liberal.

I'm pretty sure half of Alberta is burned/still burning from wildfires. It's spread to Saskatchewan as well. That and the political shitshow that was Elbowgate which was actually nothing at all. It's been a weird first year for him. It's almost like people are waiting for him to do something slightly wrong before getting the pitchforks out.

Get the pitchforks we're assembling a mob!... Hold on... False alarm everyone, go back to your homes.
    But I've already got my torch lit...

^ this.

And who will he elbow next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    As an NDP supporter, the whole overblown elbow business is absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're doing your job right, crises don't happen very much.
    Has Canada ever had a crisis?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Has Canada ever had a crisis?
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...eist-1.1212517

tough times were had by all

7+ Year Old Account
    I have to wonder what idiots they used for the poll, I'd guess eastern canadians very few in the west (maybe hippie drug island) would say yes to him.

There was a giant forest fire, he failed already.

God help my country... the most notable thing he has done so far is refuse aid fighting a massive fire they have now given up containing and expect to burn till December and elbowing that women...

Just god damn am I embarrassed to be Canadian sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trudeau has shown himself to be utterly devoid of any class and clearly has absolutely no respect for Parliament, so if he is becoming more popular in Canada then it is a damning indictment of the Canadian people.

Shame on you Canada. No wonder Australia is our favourite child.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    God help my country... the most notable thing he has done so far is refuse aid fighting a massive fire they have now given up containing and expect to burn till December and elbowing that women...

Just god damn am I embarrassed to be Canadian sometimes.
    He refused Foriegn aid. He still promised aid last I chekced.

And Fort McMurray turns out to be more intact that first feared so shit didn't hit the fan quite so hard.