Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Didn't he do what he did because he felt that mortal mages were going to bring about disaster or something? Trying to remember.
    Well, we killed Malygos, and nobody else did anything about our "reckless" use of magic... And nothing happened. So whatever he felt, he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It wouldn't mean our extinction, though. He pretty much just did what Malfurion did to the NE after the Sundering, to a lesser extent but on a greater scale.

He decided that since mortals don't seem to be able to use magic properly - justified by all the disasters our reckless magic users caused - he'd just take away magic from mortals and limited it to the more trustworthy ones (in his opinions) to use.
    Great, but he should have done so in a more subtle manner. Not immediately declare war upon all mortal magic users, attack them, and invade Dalaran. If you listen to him in Eye of Eternity he honestly sounds like a madman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Do you ever get tired of making moaning threads? My god.
    No, but I get so tired of retards like you spamming my threads with whiny QQ. By all means, if you don't like it, fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Well, we killed Malygos, and nobody else did anything about our "reckless" use of magic... And nothing happened. So whatever he felt, he was wrong.

Great, but he should have done so in a more subtle manner. Not immediately declare war upon all mortal magic users, attack them, and invade Dalaran. If you listen to him in Eye of Eternity he honestly sounds like a madman.

No, but I get so tired of retards like you spamming my threads with whiny QQ. By all means, if you don't like it, fuck off.
    True. Though wrong and insane aren't the same thing.

Deleted
    That's just Blizzard's lazy and half-assed way to make raid bosses. Nothing new.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So I just read that Ysera gets corrupted and turned into a nightmare dragon in Legion, and then dies...

This is fucking ridiculous lol. What is even the fucking point of the Aspects? Every single one of them except Alexstrasza have been corrupted. Deathwing, corrupted by Old Gods. Malygos, went insane. Nozdormu, corrupted by Old Gods. Ysera, corrupted by Xavius.

For a second I was asking myself "Who will the new green Aspect be", but at this point, who cares. Kalecgos has pretty much resigned already, so we should just kill off Alexstrasza and be done with it.

The Aspects have got to be the most pathetic, failed creations of the Titans.
    Malygos went insane yes, but his insanity was cured post-TBC, the Malygos we killed was perfectly sane (which only makes it that more tragic). And Kalec didn't resign; he stopped being an Aspect when they defeated Deathwing,- as did Alex, Ys and Noz - the Aspects are no more; their sole job was to stop the Hour of Twilight.

Also, Nozdormu becoming the Infinite Leader is only one possible future, he was never corrupted by the Old Gods. And as for Ysera dying, wasn't that changed in the beta?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    1) they arent that powerful
    2) there is no point of the aspects since the they lost their power in cata
    3) they are empowered by the titans, not titan creations.
    4) touch alex and im gonna turn you into ash!
    They are/were empowered by Titan Watchers. Chronicle Vol. 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then he went insane again. "I DO WHAT I MUST! AND IF IT MEANS YOUR EXTINCTION THEN SO BE IT!" sounds pretty insane to me.
    Insane from the selfish point of view of the player. Malygos would retort: "Is it insane to sever the infected limb to save the body?" Azeroth is more than us

- - - Updated - - -

The Legion came to Azeroth because mortals used magic. Soon, they will again.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Insane from the selfish point of view of the player. Malygos would retort: "Is it insane to sever the infected limb to save the body?" Azeroth is more than us

- - - Updated - - -

The Legion came to Azeroth because mortals used magic. Soon, they will again.
    No, the Legion is coming to Azeroth because somehow we let Gul'dan live and he opened a portal. Not because of reckless use of magic. That ship sailed ever since the War of the Ancients. No matter how much we abuse magic, there aren't going to be more dangerous foes we can attract than the Burning Legion, and they're already dead set on destroying Azeroth, no matter what we do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Malygos went insane yes, but his insanity was cured post-TBC, the Malygos we killed was perfectly sane (which only makes it that more tragic). And Kalec didn't resign; he stopped being an Aspect when they defeated Deathwing,- as did Alex, Ys and Noz - the Aspects are no more; their sole job was to stop the Hour of Twilight.

Also, Nozdormu becoming the Infinite Leader is only one possible future, he was never corrupted by the Old Gods. And as for Ysera dying, wasn't that changed in the beta?
    Nozdormu himself says after killing Murozond that he will one day become Murozond, and we will have to kill him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    whatever.
    point is, they are not titan creations but were empowered by titanic beings.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, the Legion is coming to Azeroth because somehow we let Gul'dan live and he opened a portal. Not because of reckless use of magic. That ship sailed ever since the War of the Ancients. No matter how much we abuse magic, there aren't going to be more dangerous foes we can attract than the Burning Legion, and they're already dead set on destroying Azeroth, no matter what we do.

- - - Updated - - -

Nozdormu himself says after killing Murozond that he will one day become Murozond, and we will have to kill him.
    "One day" means very little from a dragon who sees every timeline there is at the same time, whilst also seeing every possible past and every possible future.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the Legion is coming to Azeroth because somehow we let Gul'dan live and he opened a portal. Not because of reckless use of magic.
    Gul'dan is a mortal, and Warlocks are defined by their reckless use of magic
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    Firstly, the dragon aspects lost their purpose in Cata and have since then been irrelevant.
    It's actually nice that they're offing old characters, it gives room for new ones which could contribute better to the lore.
    Pfft! HAHAHAHAhahahahahaaa... uhh... err, wait.. you're serious? No. Oh god no. Not with Blizzard writing.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I just read that Ysera gets corrupted and turned into a nightmare dragon in Legion, and then dies...

This is fucking ridiculous lol. What is even the fucking point of the Aspects? Every single one of them except Alexstrasza have been corrupted. Deathwing, corrupted by Old Gods. Malygos, went insane. Nozdormu, corrupted by Old Gods. Ysera, corrupted by Xavius.

For a second I was asking myself "Who will the new green Aspect be", but at this point, who cares. Kalecgos has pretty much resigned already, so we should just kill off Alexstrasza and be done with it.

The Aspects have got to be the most pathetic, failed creations of the Titans.
    god fucking damn it why do blizzard keep killing off all my favorite female npcs now i dont have anyone to be obsessed with
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Gul'dan is a mortal, and Warlocks are defined by their reckless use of magic
    Sure... But if Malygos had killed all magic users during WotLK, Gul'dan still would've come and opened the portal... And if he didn't, the Legion would have found some other way to invade. So really, it's a pointless endeavor.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    god fucking damn it why do blizzard keep killing off all my favorite female npcs now i dont have anyone to be obsessed with
    In that case it's for the best
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    They were empowered by the Titans. The Keepers only acted as conduit to channel the Pantheon power from wherever they were into the Aspects. The Aspects' powers came from the Titans instead of the Keepers.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-05-23 at 07:29 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Their demi god status has been retconned, furthermore what power they did receive was spent at the end of cata, furthermore a big reviel about the dragons is part of the wretched/blue flight quest line.

7+ Year Old Account
    WTF man i liked ysera why kill her off oh well at least i still have alexs she can always be mine.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sure... But if Malygos had killed all magic users during WotLK, Gul'dan still would've come and opened the portal... And if he didn't, the Legion would have found some other way to invade. So really, it's a pointless endeavor.
    If Malygos had killed all magic users, he would've won the Nexus War, which would've most likely meant that there'd been a ton of other issues in Northrend, meaning, most likely, that the Argent Crusade and their Tournament would've been unable to form and pick their champions to fight Arthas, it also means that adventurers and the Kirin Tor would've been unable to stop Yogg'saron in Ulduar, which would've been catastrophic as well... All in all, the Northrend campaign would've been a loss, meaning that Garrosh would die there, thus he'd never be appointed Warchief, he would never have escaped to Alternate Draenor, never formed the Iron Horde, thus alternate Draenor would never have been linked with Main Azeroth, so no, Alternate Gul'dan wouldn't have been able to create a portal in Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Their demi god status has been retconned, furthermore what power they did receive was spent at the end of cata, furthermore a big reviel about the dragons is part of the wretched/blue flight quest line.
    Their demo-god status was never retconned, as a titan-powered creature, you are somewhat of a demi-god. They did however return those powers, thus revoking their status as Aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    If Malygos had killed all magic users, he would've won the Nexus War, which would've most likely meant that there'd been a ton of other issues in Northrend, meaning, most likely, that the Argent Crusade and their Tournament would've been unable to form and pick their champions to fight Arthas, it also means that adventurers and the Kirin Tor would've been unable to stop Yogg'saron in Ulduar, which would've been catastrophic as well... All in all, the Northrend campaign would've been a loss, meaning that Garrosh would die there, thus he'd never be appointed Warchief, he would never have escaped to Alternate Draenor, never formed the Iron Horde, thus alternate Draenor would never have been linked with Main Azeroth, so no, Alternate Gul'dan wouldn't have been able to create a portal in Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Their demo-god status was never retconned, as a titan-powered creature, you are somewhat of a demi-god. They did however return those powers, thus revoking their status as Aspects.
    chronicles very bluntly down plays their empowerment to what it was in the past. Powerful, yes: just not god level empowerment.

10+ Year Old Account
    He would have came through nothing had Medivh never opened the Dark Portal in the first place, Malygos may have prevented future catastrophe. However, the events that lead to the alteration of Gul'dan's timeline and changed his destiny were not solely the fault of mortals. A bronze dragon was involved. I'm only disagreeing with you that Malygos was insane; because he was certainly arrogant and narrow-minde in his viewpoint that magic in the hands of all mortals is inherently dangerous, and that his kind are above scrutiny. He never stopped to consider that while mortals could well doom Azeroth, they might also save it.
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2016-05-23 at 07:44 PM.