Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    BM, because ironically enough it's the one getting Tinker lore. I've decided to quit raiding, so dps and full rotations have ceased to concern me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    BM, because ironically enough it's the one getting Tinker lore. I've decided to quit raiding, so dps and full rotations have ceased to concern me.
    This. Seems Blizzard got a bit confused concerning the spell/skill thematics between BM and survival.

Deleted
    Ive seen this complaning and worries in every expansion.
    And it have always work out well.
    Mana pool change to focus
    Simpel talent tree .
    Have been in the past a lot of totaly changes
    And fuck ups.
    But at max level and good gear
    It always worked out well.

Unfortunately after many many years I wont be maining my hunter anymore in Legion. I've been through all the major changes since ive started playing. But this expansion's changes are just not appealing to me. I just cannot get my head over the talent choices, the gameplay. Tried all 3 specs so far leveling them to 110. The one 'most appealing' was MM. But its just not enough to keep me to the class. I do not understand why they had to change survival to a clunky melee spec at all. I feel alot of people who main hunter atm are not a fan of the changes to our class, but alot of people who don't main hunter find them very appealing. Every expansion classes change, but I feel this expansion is really taking it on another boat with most classes. Maybe I'll reroll warlock, had fun with that class so far on the beta

Quote Originally Posted by Aldare View Post
    So out of 16 replies thus far only 1 is actually looking forward to playing Hunter in Legion. Says a lot about the state of the class really, too bad Blizzard don't seem to agree.
    or it says alot about the state of the wow players in general. I remember at the end of WOTLK all the hunters were jumping ship because focus broke the hunters to a point of no return. 4 years later, still the most played class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acardis View Post
    Unfortunately after many many years I wont be maining my hunter anymore in Legion. I've been through all the major changes since ive started playing. But this expansion's changes are just not appealing to me. I just cannot get my head over the talent choices, the gameplay. Tried all 3 specs so far leveling them to 110. The one 'most appealing' was MM. But its just not enough to keep me to the class. I do not understand why they had to change survival to a clunky melee spec at all. I feel alot of people who main hunter atm are not a fan of the changes to our class, but alot of people who don't main hunter find them very appealing. Every expansion classes change, but I feel this expansion is really taking it on another boat with most classes. Maybe I'll reroll warlock, had fun with that class so far on the beta
    Its definitely just a massive change to the entire game.

We've seen it on smaller scales, for example warlocks from cata to mop, and then mop to WoD

Mages from mop to Wod and now to legion.

I've simply resigned myself to finding a class I actually enjoy playing as they ruined warlock for me, and now theyre ruining mage for me. I actually enjoy PLAYING the new hunter, so we'll see how it goes. Fire mage is just fireball + pyro spam, arcane is AB/Missiles spam, its insane how dumbed down some classes have gotten, yet somehow people find a way to enjoy them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aldare View Post
    So out of 16 replies thus far only 1 is actually looking forward to playing Hunter in Legion. Says a lot about the state of the class really, too bad Blizzard don't seem to agree.
    a lot of other classes and specs feel the same way. I'm starting to think it has less to do with the changes, and more to do with people not trying other classes/specs that may be more suited to their playstyle after SO many changes to every class.

Like I said, mage is "ruined" for me, but others enjoy it.... Sometimes change just means its time to try something new, and find some new experiences to enjoy.

Beast Mastery, MM as offspec.

I signed up to play hunter for the pets, and BM has access to them all so I'll stick with the spec through thick and thin. Can't wait to see what the spec will be like with a fully optimized artifact weapon!

Deleted
    I think survival is actually looking pretty good
    The problem is that most hunters are hunters because they like ranged over melee, and melee players wont swap to another class for a spec that isnt mindblowingly good or even pretty bad in some eyes

If I dont like the changes in the prepatch im probably going warlock or shadowpriest
    I like the idea of switching between ranged and melee depending on the boss fight tho
    But that will only be possible if the stats priority of the best ranged spec is the same as survival and if the artifact catchup mechanic makes it so u can keep 2 artifacts on a similar Ilvl without much grinding or needing extra loot

Deleted
    Dunno, I'm mostly playing for myself and RP reasons at the moment, so I'll be playing what feels best. Might give the new Survival a spin, prepatch is going to decide it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played BM and Survival most on the beta and I'm enjoying both of them quite a bit so I will probably focus on those. Marksman is fun as well, I just don't like it as much as the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post

We've seen it on smaller scales, for example warlocks from cata to mop, and then mop to WoD

I've simply resigned myself to finding a class I actually enjoy playing as they ruined warlock for me, and now theyre ruining mage for me. I actually enjoy PLAYING the new hunter, so we'll see how it goes. Fire mage is just fireball + pyro spam, arcane is AB/Missiles spam, its insane how dumbed down some classes have gotten, yet somehow people find a way to enjoy them.

- - - Updated - - -

a lot of other classes and specs feel the same way. I'm starting to think it has less to do with the changes, and more to do with people not trying other classes/specs that may be more suited to their playstyle after SO many changes to every class.

Like I said, mage is "ruined" for me, but others enjoy it.... Sometimes change just means its time to try something new, and find some new experiences to enjoy.
    Except that with BM wrecked, there is nothing that fits my playstyle anymore. There is no ranged, mobile, GCD capped spec. Ironically, my guild's enh shaman is feeling very unsure of enh changes, and when he described them, it sounds like enh basically got focus in their maelstrom stacks. But they're not ranged. So as melee, he doesn't want to be GCD capped because he doesn't want to be penalized during movement, and I can't be happy with it either because it's not ranged. So what exactly are we supposed to do when Blizzard is literally removing our preferred playstyle?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My goto spec in Legion will be whichever one I enjoy the most during the leveling process.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

As my hunter is my alt definitely survival. I always wanted to play melee with animal companions. Having tier 14 LFR on my human hunter with nice 2 hander axe and playing with pet is amazing. Looks like some viking warrior fighting with his animal companions. How awesome is that?

Really sad with the specs, the best "feeling" spec is survival for me. But I think the pet kind of kills it.

Deleted
    havent played beta, but for me MM looks like fine. prob gonna use SV as offspec.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This is pretty much my thoughts as a mage/lock main for 5 years. Time for a change and MM hunters feel fresh and fun to play in beta. Plus the 2pc and legendary boots are a sick combo.

Having been in the Beta for a couple of weeks now it looks like I'll be going MM. Until they fix them, DO NOT use a Legion pet, (I grabbed a bear from Elwyn Forest), because they have around 30% less health! Hopefully they will revert the talent change restrictions (or maybe put in a new flavour of dual spec for them) because it really buggers up being able to continue questing whilst in a dungeon queue. I solo using True aim, Black Arrow, Posthaste, Patient Sniper, Camouflage, Barrage, and Head Shot so need to swap True Aim for Lone Wolf and Black Arrow for Trick Shot if grouped.

Initially thought SV was all right but in the end it turned out to be a clunky mess.

BM ... really not feeling it but will give it another go.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    Having been in the Beta for a couple of weeks now it looks like I'll be going MM. Until they fix them, DO NOT use a Legion pet, (I grabbed a bear from Elwyn Forest), because they have around 30% less health! Hopefully they will revert the talent change restrictions (or maybe put in a new flavour of dual spec for them) because it really buggers up being able to continue questing whilst in a dungeon queue. I solo using True aim, Black Arrow, Posthaste, Patient Sniper, Camouflage, Barrage, and Head Shot so need to swap True Aim for Lone Wolf and Black Arrow for Trick Shot if grouped.

Initially thought SV was all right but in the end it turned out to be a clunky mess.

BM ... really not feeling it but will give it another go.
    I have the same feeling right now, while doing world quests Black Arrow is mandatory and then you have to go in a dungeon with the same talents and gimping your dps

Survival, I am loving the dot stacking between our talents and laceration. Mongoose is a fun system in dungeons and Fury of the Eagle is such a climatic ability where I spray damage from my spear of love all over my enemies and watch them melt. Plus I know my pet is there because I'm constantly praying for him to give me more Mongoose Bites.

Dragonsfire Grenade + Steel Trap all the way.

BM likely, at least it seems to be the most sound of the 3 to date

Unlike MM, nothing in its tool kit requires you to stand and cast or makes you dependant on procs to go to work.
    On demand AoE Beast Cleave activated with Multi Shot, and is not proc dependant.
    Good in combat heal based on Kill Shot, an ability that's core to the spec. MM doesn't have anything like it and SV's version is tied to Raptor Strike, which is weak (conversely) not to mention strange rotation wise.

Camouflage is notoriously buggy in combat and looks to maintain it's legacy from feedback given. In it's place, a second ranged interrupt is offered with Intimidation. In place of the heal (not tied to talents), it comes with the choice of exotic pets; spirit beasts that still provide an added heal or any other unique exotic feature in its stead.

In terms of solo capability, BM has always faired better when it comes to taking on multiple mobs and outdoor elites. I verily believe that it will continue, especially as gear scales.

Last but not least, BM doesn't suffer from LoS issues or kiting issues.

Its versatile and has an answer to most situations