Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Then I am sorry, there is little to be helped here. Personally, I dislike those who call me an asshole, for what should be an obvious reason. While gay people don't do anything as a collective to directly insult me. You are pretty much saying that an act of insulting you, is the same as being gay.

To answer your question, no... I have no clue why you would believe I do... I'd ban people at any property I own that are antagonizing my patrons... but, I don't think that's a required characteristic of an asshole...
    If you ask stupid questions that have nothing to do with what's being discussed, I'm going to give you some stupid answer.

Direpenguin said:
    This private business with its own rules nonsense is just a convenient way for people to defend discrimination against something they are against anyhow.
    He/she is right.
    I'm glad she got banned and I will gladly use the "private business can do whatever it wants", but for different reasons.

If you honestly think that private business can do that, would you also protest if some gay pride channel got banned?
    That's all that's being discussed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    Maybe she just got fed up with everything and snapped? Possible? Don't act for a second like you don't know what I'm talking about.
    Yeah, I sometimes get so pissed off at the teletubies and their brainwashing communism... I just snap... Murloc sound...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    All do this thing all the time on different platforms, don't like it cri moer, it's trolling and it's not illegal and no one will find out who I am so eh. And I'm not racist your all just too sensitive for anyone to talk about anything you don't agree with.
    Last edited by Begrudge; 2016-05-24 at 01:14 AM.
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    If you ask stupid questions that have nothing to do with what's being discussed, I'm going to give you some stupid answer.
    Yeah, the question is stupid. Sure... It's very difficult to answer stupid questions... I understand...

I can easily answer it. There is a huge difference between being gay and vocalizing an opinion that your patrons are assholes. Once you figure that out, answering my stupid question will be quicker than your actual reply.

Direpenguin said:

He/she is right.
    I'm glad she got banned and I will gladly use the "private business can do whatever it wants", but for different reasons.

If you honestly think that private business can do that, would you also protest if some gay pride channel got banned?
    That's all that's being discussed.
    That's fantastic. I am trying to explain why the same people being up in arms over gay banning, is different than bans due to beligerent behavior. I am responding directly to what I quoted... To your reply, regarding how the two reaction would be different...

I don't see him mentioning free speech anywhere in his post, but you seem to pretend like he did.
    He's right. If some gay pride channel got banned, you would see exactly the same people now saying "it's YT, they can do whatever they want" then say "that's discrimination and YT should burn".
    I am one of those people telling you they are different. Which is why I asked if you think those two are different. The stupid question was giving you a way to have a smart explanation for equating the two.
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-05-24 at 01:15 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted

Way to answer the question... and tell me what the point was...
    The argument that a company can do whatever they want with their property is somehow not going to be as popular if they had banned a Gay channel - Even though the argument works just as well for them as it does for the racist.

Another post where 90% have no clue just what "freedom of speech" means in modern context.

Deleted
    Yeah, the question is stupid. Sure... It's very difficult to answer stupid questions... I understand...

I can easily answer it. There is a huge difference between being gay and vocalizing an opinion that your patrons are assholes. Once you figure that out, answering my stupid question will be quicker than your actual reply.

That's fantastic. I am trying to explain why the same people being up in arms over gay banning, is different than bans due to beligerent behavior. I am responding directly to what I quoted... To your reply, regarding how the two reaction would be different...

I am one of those people telling you they are different. Which is why I asked if you think those two are different. The stupid question was giving you a way to have a smart explanation for equating the two.
    I don't think you understand the discussion.
    I don't care what's right and what's wrong. I don't care if being gay is right. I don't care if being racist is wrong.

Private business can do WHATEVER it wants. Correct or not?
    Do you think they could ban her because it was against their rules? Alright. What if rules were different and all gay pride channels were banned? Would you still agree?

There are rules. Not feels.

You shouldn't be tolerant of people who think you are an asshole. Tolerance and complacency are not synonyms.
    I'm pretty sure both sides of the political spectrum view the other as assholes, that doesn't mean either side should be shut down by the other. Especially in this case, where from what I saw of her videos she was using facts. Even in her more controversial videos like "how to identify a jew" she was using actual physical traits as a basis for her reasoning. Now I am in no way saying that she was right to do this, but it does beg the question if someone made a video titled "How to identify a Brit" or "How to Identify a German" would it get as much attention? I tend to believe the answer is no, and therefore there is a double standard when it comes to free speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

I don't care what's right and what's wrong. I don't care if being gay is right. I don't care if being racist is wrong.

Do you think they could ban her because it was against their rules? Alright. What if rules were different and all gay pride channels were banned? Would you still agree?

There's a difference between being gay and being racist.

Deleted
    I just cant believe someone like that exist in the western world. A young girl with such twisted fantasies. its completely insane. Where the fuck are her parents?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    The argument that a company can do whatever they want with their property is somehow not going to be as popular if they had banned a Gay channel - Even though the argument works just as well for them as it does for the racist.
    The argument only works if you think both are equal. Which means you are arguing semantics, which would still hinge on them being different... or that you think both are the same...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    There's a difference between being gay and being racist.
    No shit.

Is that the answer you wanted to hear?

No shit.

Is that the answer you wanted to hear?
    Not servicing assholes is different from discriminating against groups of people.

Deleted
    The argument only works if you think both are equal. Which means you are arguing semantics, which would still hinge on them being different... or that you think both are the same...
    Youtube would have no trouble banning either.
    The argument is either good, or not.
    You cant say its good when you use it against racists, and bad if you use it against gay people.
    Well, you can, but that's called hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Not servicing assholes is different from discriminating against groups of people.
    No its not.
    Unless you have an objective standard for 'asshole' you are just arbitrarily refusing to serve some people because 'feels'

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No its not.
    Unless you have an objective standard for 'asshole' you are just arbitrarily refusing to serve some people because 'feels'
    Yes, it is, because being gay and being an asshole are not the same thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I can't believe there are people defending her and even worse, a petition to reinstate her channel! What is the world coming to?!
    The question is, why did youtube take this long to ban her channel?

The person in question...

I can't believe someone would describe her as "angel faced"!

Yes, it is, because being gay and being an asshole are not the same thing.
    The mental gymnastics you guys are using to try and avoid being bald-faced hypocrites is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Where the fuck are her parents?
    Who are her parents!

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    The mental gymnastics you guys are using to try and avoid being bald-faced hypocrites is hilarious.
    You people are trying to comparing being gay to being an asshole. I don't have to do any mental gymnastics to know that's idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has nothing to do with what I said. The more you try to figure out what I even mean by that question, the less stupid it seems. Regardless of good or right. One is an action, the other is a sexual orientation. It's the differance between 'how are you?' and a table.

No, that's pretty silly. You cannot have a business that shoots people. If you are asking about banning, then the differance I am asking for comes into play. You can ban people on just about any action. You cannot ban everyone based on who the happen to be.

No, I completley support banning antagonistic patrons. I don't happen to see how a gay pride channel is antagonistic... You'd have to make up a scenario of what they actually did first.

You are talking feels... Not me...