Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Exclamation blizzard force PVErs into PVP, AGAIN

Blizzard struggle 24/7 with PVE items in PVP but it's obvious that WOW is PVE game and PVP is just small activity like pet battles etc which means nothing. And it's ok when PVE items is involved in PVP. This attracts more players to this activity. But it's absolutly another story with PVP items in PVE. It's not ok when activity like PVP or pet battles give advantage in PVE. According to bluepost you can faceroll 2-3 heroicraid-quality items every week in PVP and even mythic-quality if you take this activity seriously...

Deleted
    Sources and examples of items. This post is pretty useless without actual sources.

Deleted
    I don´t think that´s what they are trying to do. I can be wrong but I think PvE gear will most likely be far stronger and disabled in instanced pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrNeverLucky View Post
    Sources and examples of items. This post is pretty useless without actual sources.
    I think he read the blue post on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I don´t think that´s what they are trying to do. I can be wrong but I think PvE gear will most likely be far stronger and disabled in instanced pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he read the blue post on the front page.
    Ummm no the only thing disabled in pvp is trinkets and legendaries. Your ilvl is your ilvl in pvp regardless of where you got your gear.

Honestly it's pretty balanced in that the well rounded player will succeed in both whereas those who stick to one or the other can succeed, but will have less chances for gear.

I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and never once have I found myself "forced into PvP" as a PvE player.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Oh no... you can get gear with PvP. This has never before been a thing in the history of the game. Truly this is the end of the World (of Warcraft) as we know it. /s

Deleted
    Pretty sure Mythic quality gear will be equal to at least 2k rating pvp gear. Atm they even claim gladiator will be equal to mythic but that would be silly. PvE max gear won't be higher than max gear in pvp anymore. So you either have 1750 rating pvp gear or heroic gear. 1500 rating equal to normal gear is my guess.

Well, if you take it seriously, you should be awarded with high end gear in case of accomplishing the goal, right?
    I do agree that I wouldn't enjoy doing BGs/ Arenas to prepare for a raiding tier, but that's my choice If I decide to do so. If I choose to be a raider, I chose to engage in any activity that may prepare my toon for raid nights. I don't see why others should suffer for my choice, it being legendary world drops, PvP gear, LFR or challenge mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and never once have I found myself "forced into PvP" as a PvE player.
    Really? MoP Legendary cloack quest line wasn't "forced into PVP"?
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Deleted
    You would probably not even pull off 1,7k rating if you tried let alone the rated required for obtaining Mythic PVP gear.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    it's ok when PVE items is involved in PVP. This attracts more players to this activity. But it's absolutly another story with PVP items in PVE. It's not ok when activity like PVP or pet battles give advantage in PVE.
    Why? it worked that way in Vanilla, TBC and to an extent WotLK and was good for the game. More geared players available for recruitment is good for guild/realm health.

Mists legendary cape?

7+ Year Old Account
    The actual physical stupidity of this post hurts.
    You aren't going to be forced to PvP for PvE gear, nor are you forced to PvE for PvP gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Ummm no the only thing disabled in pvp is trinkets and legendaries. Your ilvl is your ilvl in pvp regardless of where you got your gear.

Honestly it's pretty balanced in that the well rounded player will succeed in both whereas those who stick to one or the other can succeed, but will have less chances for gear.
    Oh, that is interesting. I´ve tried to avoid pictures of new models/zones and stuff but didn't think I would miss something like this.

Should probably look into it before making an opinion.

Deleted
    So you skipped MoP and legendary cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    Mists legendary cape?
    Who said you "had" to do it? Besides: stumbling around and being useless on someone else's time for roughly 15 minutes in a total of 2 (!!!) random BGs can hardly be called "PvP".

Interesting sidenote: I did the 2 BGs, and obviously, I lived to tell about it. I still ended up never getting the stupid cloak. While getting those 2 BGs done was no problem, I couldn't make myself endure the shitton of braindead LFR that was required after that. Luckily, no one "forced" me to do that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    So you skipped MoP and legendary cloak?
    Yep. Guess other should have, too. Bohoo, I wanna be legendary, but I can't sit through 2 measly BGs.

Deleted
    Same, the only time I used PVP gear in PvE was TBC with alts and it was not necessary, I have done it only because I was never dropping the god-damn shield from Grull with my warrior.

Vanilla - Never (played till Naxxramas40, I have done only Anub & Raz because I was not in the best guild of the server)
    TBC - Only with some alts (I have done till Brutallus)
    WOTLK - Never(cleared all, not LK HC 10&25)
    Cata - Never(cleared all, DW hc included)
    MoP - Never (cleared all normals, half ToT hc and some Siege, not mythic/heroic)
    WoD - Never (cleared all raids till HFC in heroic mode)

I had a long history in raiding and I have almost never use PvP gear and I have never feel the necessity to use PvP gear in PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    Mists legendary cape?
    OH MY GOD! Do not remind me dat crap. Hi guys do you want progress raid? You know what - I guess you like some random battlegrounds then!

Who said you "had" to do it? Besides: stumbling around and being useless on someone else's time for roughly 15 minutes in a total of 2 (!!!) random BGs can hardly be called "PvP".

Interesting sidenote: I did the 2 BGs, and obviously, I lived to tell about it. I still ended up never getting the stupid cloak. While getting those 2 BGs done was no problem, I couldn't make myself endure the shitton of braindead LFR that was required after that. Luckily, no one "forced" me to do that either.
    So you don't like PvP, you don't like PvE. What have you been doing since Vanilla? Dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    So adding incentive to do other things in the game is a bad thing?
    yes adding mythic-quality items which affects pve-race to activity like pet battles or pvp is very BAD thing...