Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Yeah, 'worth it' is subjective, thats kinda the point, time/money. Nobody is forced to buy the boxes, some people like the availability though.

I will buy boxes...I like having shiny things sooner rather than later, and I am a sucker. I also enjoy opening boxes...it's gambling really.
    I am the same in Hearthstone :P Spend well over 300 bucks on that so far but I will get everything from OW in time as I am planning on spending all of my foreseeable gaming time in it :P so leveling up will be easy peasy :P

To each their own .

I don't understand all this hate though.
    Its like gamers nowadays just live to shit over others people's fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I don't understand all this hate though.
    Its like gamers nowadays just live to shit over others people's fun.
    Pretty much this, people forget that in the end that this is all over a game and that people enjoy different things, and that shitting on people who dont conform to their viewpoint or ideas isnt really acceptable.

Human mentality I suppose /shrug

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

Deleted
    Made me so happy my first box for getting lvl 2 was the pirate legendary skin for mr dworf :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    exactly, so I can buy specific things I want. I'd rather cut out the middleman rng bs.
    Tricky one, if I could do that I'd buy all the Widowmaker, Pharah and Mercy stuff tomorrow and be 'done'. :3

Now, when are they making action figure sized action figures?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-05-24 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Do you play WoW and think about this every time you log in?
    I don't play WoW anymore and this is one of the reasons.

people falling back on the arguement that its the "principle" of the thing then?

Screw that. Save that for old mel gibson movies

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I don't support developers that take little slices off games that used to be free and sell them to us later, especially when the game costs as much as it does. 40 € game (50 € price for a normal game) without a campaign and with microtransactions that would make the cost of the entire package (yes, with all the skins) to be several thousand euros. Apparently it takes average of 15 hours to get a random legendary skin and in my experience (from beta) it takes like 70+ hours to grind gold for a specific legendary skin. The pricing is especially obnoxious since it's only available in battle.net so it cannot be found with a decent discount anywhere, which makes the price exactly comparable to normal video game prices. There goes the argument with the cheaper game = microtransactions are acceptable (which is bullshit anyway)

So in this case, the cash shop has severely hindered how this loot system works.
    I feel compelled to point out something here: Games like Overwatch are not The Sims. The point of the game is essentially not to deck your characters out in pink dresses with flowers in the hair. That is a bonus, an additional feature, something that's nice but ultimately adds nothing to the gameplay. You seem to want to play Barbie's Dollhouse. I suggest you do that, you can dress up your figures up as much as you like, heck, you can even make their hairdos. But they won't shoot stuff and the house won't randomly explode in a barrage of rockets. But from your post, I get the feeling that wouldn't bother you one bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King of Gaming View Post
    Wow.
    They sell you a game for a normal price and then they sell you items in addition to that extra. And people accept this.
    Gaming is dead.
    You can get everything for free once you invested into the game itself. 40 bucks and all skins are open to you (except the CE skins, of course).
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Gaming View Post
    Wow.
    They sell you a game for a normal price and then they sell you items in addition to that extra. And people accept this.
    Gaming is dead.
    Or you could play the game and earn the boxes for free.

The contents of the boxes you buy and the ones you earn while levelling are the same - random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Also please point me to a recent shooter that doesn't have microtransactions. Even the most recent CS game has them.
    Doom doesn't have any.

I've read your post. I really need full explanation on microtransactions. I played beta and none of that was there, it was great. So what's different now?
    But yeah, I dislike knowing that someone threw money to get those things without having to play, because I want to compare myself with others, but this way I can't.
    Last edited by mmoc09d949bcd0; 2016-05-24 at 11:00 AM.

Are all champs playable? Have they changed that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Doom doesn't have any.

I've read your post. I really need full explanation on microtransactions. I played beta and none of that was there, it was great. So what's different now?
    They said there was going to be micro transactions for like nearly all of the games development cycle (early on it was a consideration). Plus they are purely optional since it's piss easy to earn them by leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    All champs playable and future heroes/maps are free.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-24 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    All champs playable and future heroes/maps are free.
    That's good. I might actually buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    What's a champ? If you mean the heroes then yes, they are free and playable by anyone with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieranda View Post
    Ha epic fail you buy fucking game and you put in cash shop at release wtf.

If was free to play I get this but paid game and at start cash shop. Sorry that just greed at the top.
    Yeah because there aren't buy to play games with cash shops or microtransactions...
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-24 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    What a load of crap.

Seriously

The difference is basicly this:
    The updates that wow get requires FAR more man power and resources. If wow did not have a sub model blizzard wouldnt be a profit company.
    What updates are you talking about?!

12 months without any content update? Happening every expansion? You must be joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah because there aren't buy to play games with cash shops or microtransactions...
    WoW is B2P with subscription and has an itemshop with exclusive items.... and they complain about this :=)

However, I was a bit suprised when I saw the shop but meh, I know how fast I get those boxes thanks to the beta.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i respect blizzard for not chopping the game and its content then selling it as DLC

take a look at ubi soft or sega

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I don't support developers that take little slices off games that used to be free and sell them to us later, especially when the game costs as much as it does. 40 € game (50 € price for a normal game) without a campaign and with microtransactions that would make the cost of the entire package (yes, with all the skins) to be several thousand euros. Apparently it takes average of 15 hours to get a random legendary skin and in my experience (from beta) it takes like 70+ hours to grind gold for a specific legendary skin. The pricing is especially obnoxious since it's only available in battle.net so it cannot be found with a decent discount anywhere, which makes the price exactly comparable to normal video game prices. There goes the argument with the cheaper game = microtransactions are acceptable (which is bullshit anyway)

So in this case, the cash shop has severely hindered how this loot system works.
    Well OW has no content beside these unlocks. Since you can get them all without paying (apart from preorder bonuses I believe) I think this system is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    i respect blizzard for not chopping the game and its content then selling it as DLC

take a look at ubi soft or sega
    Well, Rainbow Six: Siege has a pretty fair system imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    WoW is B2P with subscription and has an itemshop with exclusive items.... and they complain about this :=)

However, I was a bit suprised when I saw the shop but meh, I know how fast I get those boxes thanks to the beta.
    I meant just B2P games that don't have a sub. CSGO, Magic pc games, Guild Wars 2 (it is f2p but b2p gives access to the micro transactions) just to name a few. CSGO has loot boxes basically, Magic has minor DLC and the option to unlock decks through purchase or the game and Guild Wars 2 is f2p like I said but you cannot access the micro transactions on a f2p account so it is still technically B2P with micro transactions.