Poll: Which would you prefer

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Why in fuck didn't survival get dual-weild?

Seriously, every hunter we've seen has either had a bow or a pair of axes. In the intro for Warlords of Draenor, the day of hte announcement, I was totally convinced that we were getting a Rexxar spec, with those two hunters battleing it out with axes. But nope. Now hunters are *actually* getting a melee spec, like what the actual fuck I'm excited, but no I have to weild a two-hander.

WHY.

Is there anyone who actually prefers two-handed weapons on a hunter over one-handed?
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2016-05-24 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Two≠Who

15+ Year Old Account
    The original Hunter melee weapon, Lok'delar, Stave of the Ancient Keepers was a two-hander.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I like both options so I can't choose.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    The original Hunter melee weapon, Lok'delar, Stave of the Ancient Keepers was a two-hander.
    did OP just got #lore'd?

7+ Year Old Account
    I think while leveling, you can dual-wield. So make a hunter from scratch, pick SV and RP your Rexxar dreams all the way to 100 until you need to use that spear.

They still can equip 2 weapons to my knowledge. My guess is both will be viable post-legion. Until then you can always DW while leveling I guess. Also if you haven't seen 2h hunter npcs around then you have selective vision and only see what you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    They still can equip 2 weapons to my knowledge. My guess is both will be viable post-legion. Until then you can always DW while leveling I guess. Also if you haven't seen 2h hunter npcs around then you have selective vision and only see what you want to.
    Psshh. Name one.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    did OP just got #lore'd?
    Be nice. We're talking to a guy in #TeamBelowAverageIQ here.

Actually your abilities even restrict the use of dual wield in Legion so you can't dual wield effectively - maybe only for vanity purposes currently.

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=186270/raptor-strike

This and other survival abilities REQUIRE two-handers currently.
    I would also like to see this changed to requires "melee weapon".
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-05-24 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Be nice. We're talking to a guy in #TeamBelowAverageIQ here.
    That's not very nice mister #teamnotme

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    Actually your abilities even restrict the use of dual wield in Legion so you can't dual wield effectively - maybe only for vanity purposes currently.

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=186270/raptor-strike

This and other survival abilities REQUIRE two-handers currently.
    I would also like to see this changed to requires "melee weapon".
    That freaking SUCKS. WHY.

I like both options so I can't choose.
    Same here, why not both? We could then also have "Rexxars" and troll spears.
    (though I'd also like the one handed spears for troll characters, to use with those tribal shields as warriors)

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    That's not very nice mister #teamnotme
    Best comeback I've seen since.. Well, yesterday I guess, when I got another "no u" comeback.

In Vanilla it was both. The epic quest gave us a 2 hand staff:

And this epic sword was the bis stat stick:

On the other hand, the best two blue items where the dual Bone Slicing Hatchets (both with +15agi enchant) from Strathholm.

Blizzard should just allow to use both and add a dual wield cosmetic option.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    (though I'd also like the one handed spears for troll characters, to use with those tribal shields as warriors)
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=140773/eagletalon-spear

See the classification on this polearm? Look closely - it's one-handed currently - I don't know if it will stay like this at launch though.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-05-27 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    Why survival didn't get to dual wield pets. Like a cat in left and a boar in right hand ?

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    Take a look at all of Blizzard's games - choice is something they want to narrow down as much as possible. Variation is not healthy for kids playing their games, clearly. They might get overwhelmed by the information.

See: Windwalker Monks losing 2h, Frost DKs losing 2h, Fury Warriors losing 1h, and then there's the whole D3 thing.

I'm OK with it, because dps is quite dual-wield-centric at the moment. As of now, there's only Arms and Retribution who are rocking the 2H style. From that perspective, I'm looking forward to playing a spec that's breaking out them big guns.

Options would be cool, but I'm not a fan of purely aesthetic options. Feels lame. I'd like to see actual gameplay/mechanics changes depending on what type of weapon you use - like, Enhancement playing and feeling differently with a 2H build, as opposed to a DW spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    Why survival didn't get to dual wield pets. Like a cat in left and a boar in right hand ?
    That, of course, would be ideal.

Let's add Worgen in the "Running Wild" stance as companion pets.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-05-24 at 12:06 PM.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=140773/eagletalon-spear

See the classification on this spear? Look closely - it's one-handed currently - I don't know if it will stay like this at launch though.
    No chance in hell it'll be one-handed on release. Just like the comments say, it's for Survival to level up to 100 with. It'll be 2h, 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Bone slicing hatchet dual wield was the original.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

it should have been dual wield. rexxar is the most well known melee hunter, so he should have been the template imo.

and it should have been beastmaster that went melee.