Thread: Stellaris

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So my latest play through, i'm near a fallen empire who are friendly to me +90, they are just patronizing. Which is fine, rather that than angry as they are on my borders and surrounded by my empire.

I made a federation with 4 other nations. All 3 have fairly large empires. So I have 5 or 6 battle ships in a fleet of 70 + ships (majority corvs, with destroys and 10+ cruisers). Fleet strength now at 20k (its a new play through as the first one I got rofl stomped by a fallen empire).

Going well, a war got declared with a rival faction who have at best a 7k fleet. They declared war on one of our members then their fleet went to my systems? big mistake. So mopping up their units and planets. When on the other side of the galaxy oh its the unbidden hear to eat us all apparently. But I don't know where they are as there is a small fog of war spot that I cannot see into (like maybe the size of a fallen empire at best). Now I made this a challenge and put it on warp drives only. So I will have to slug my way through and seriously beef up my fleets to deal with this.

Don't think this will go well!

Deleted
    Speaking of wars,

they really need to fix the AI during war.

Allies will always stack up with your ships, no matter what, even if THEY declare war on someone. *I* have to win the war for them, which is really really annoying.
    Today I found out that sensors will increase weapon accuracy (by alot).... would've been cool if the tooltip would mention something so important, my ship designs always used lvl 1 sensors.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main issue with sensors is if you don't research them right away. They don't show up until you start clearing out the deck of technology. I always end up with Lances before I have the best shields or energy supply. I'd rather have lances because it means my ships will wreck everything though.

I never research battleships until I've finished lances or kinetic batteries. There simply isn't a use to have anything other than a large fleet of corvettes or destroyers. So at the turn of the century I start researching cruisers and battleships. Because I know I'll need them when the Unbidden show up early or the scourge show up later.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Allies will always stack up with your ships, no matter what, even if THEY declare war on someone. *I* have to win the war for them, which is really really annoying.
    !#@$ allies. Vassals or solo, imo.

Deleted
    But Vassals will be just as useless. I had vassals that could defeat 20k stacks on their own if they wished to do so but they will never do it if my main fleet isn't with them. It's just stupid, I'd prefer a autonomous AI over that "follow my every move" piece of junk. I always hated that kind of stuff in games.

I want him to colonize worlds, to grow bigger and to rebel against me eventually.

Vassals in Shogun 2 were so much more useful and stronger, especially after Realm Divide.
    They'd go and conquer stuff (because you are at war with everyone) you'd get extra revenue from trade routes with them, their armies worked on their own but didn't hesitate to help you if they were close by and so on.
    Sure thing, they were backstabbing bitches, but in Stellaris that won't happen if they don't get support from another empire (which is cool) or have a very large fleet compared to yours.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-24 at 04:39 AM.

Habitability icons/tooltips now show you more detailed information, including which worlds in a system you can currently colonize.
    Nice.

Other changes are cool too, I guess.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Looks great. My one remaining issue with sectors is the ownership-issues (observation posts and strategic resources not being shared comes to mind).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Looks great. My one remaining issue with sectors is the ownership-issues (observation posts and strategic resources not being shared comes to mind).
    Strategic Resources are shared, its just that the AI will try to use them first. The Observation post stuff is a bug, Wiz said he'd fixed it in one of the pre release streams, but apparently the fix didn't make it to the live build.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Strategic Resources are shared, its just that the AI will try to use them first.
    No, they are not. For example, if a planet in a sector has a beryllium(sp?) power plant it can't use it until I move a star system with beryllium inside that sector.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No, they are not. For example, if a planet in a sector has a beryllium(sp?) power plant it can't use it until I move a star system with beryllium inside that sector.
    Ah sharing like that. Pretty sure that isn't a bug though.

Perhaps if you had the ability to grant them a resource like you can give them energy and minerals would be better.

Paradox pulls "discriminatory" Stellaris mod that made all humans white
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...l-humans-white

Yet they still keep the space nazis and women only mods up. Gotta love that consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by slayer1919 View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...l-humans-white

Yet they still keep the space nazis and women only mods up. Gotta love that consistency.
    Yes, I saw that. But it seems the mod had some questionable stuff in it's description though, so no conspiracy here I'm afraid. There are still plenty of mods in the workshop that achieve the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox Representative
    We saw the mod, thought it wasn't in very good taste, but let it remain. Then the creator of the mod decided to update the description of the mod to promote an "agenda" not related to computer games at all, and this was being clearly displayed on our product page. We decided it was a step too far and removed it. Eurogamer did not do a good job describing what exactly it was we removed.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Ah sharing like that. Pretty sure that isn't a bug though.

Perhaps if you had the ability to grant them a resource like you can give them energy and minerals would be better.
    Considering you are forced into dividing up your empire (unless you make it all 1 big sector, which is sadly the best choice) and then get into problems with resources and their consuming building being in different sectors of the same space empire it is just plain dumb.

The whole sector mechanic needs a lot of work. Aside from the broken AI it really needs more depth. I should want to use sectors for their utilities/bonuses/whatever. Not be forced into them because the game won't let me control more then a handful.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Planet war goal value scaling with the size of the target is probably the best thing about this upcoming patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Considering you are forced into dividing up your empire (unless you make it all 1 big sector, which is sadly the best choice) and then get into problems with resources and their consuming building being in different sectors of the same space empire it is just plain dumb.

The whole sector mechanic needs a lot of work. Aside from the broken AI it really needs more depth. I should want to use sectors for their utilities/bonuses/whatever. Not be forced into them because the game won't let me control more then a handful.
    Not sure where and how you gzys encounter problems with sectors and their strategic ressources.

And I actually like the fact that you can't control more than a few planets, I'd love to see sectors acting more like vassals though, basically sub empires.

i wish the AIs would build better fleets, my battleship fleets are almost indestructible against fleets of equal size, having shield caps and lances makes BS strong and kills most fleets before they even get in range.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Not sure where and how you gzys encounter problems with sectors and their strategic ressources.

And I actually like the fact that you can't control more than a few planets, I'd love to see sectors acting more like vassals though, basically sub empires.
    Sector A contains a planetary building using Strategic Resource X. This sector does not contain resource X.
    The building will not work now regardless of how many sources of resource X you have outside of sector A

'Some' might consider this a problem.

I don't mind the limited direct control but the game should attempt to encourage me to use sectors. A more elegant solution then "give away control of your planets to a non-functional AI and lose 1/4 of their income with utterly no benefit, positive interaction or mechanic".
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

What a shitty start to the game that was.

Two pre-space civilizations just 2-3 stars away from me, both of them hitting space age before I even could finish the research for colony ships. Their borders took two planets I had my sights on, one 21 pop Tundra-world (I'm Tundra-people) and one 25 pop Gaia-world.

You could have bombarded their planets with your tiny fleet and shot down their space station, if they had one. Then enslaved the races and pressed them to work.

I always shoot down such races. If they are medieval races or something, I may build observation post, but the last thing I want is some upstart race taking part of my space...